Mally TSV 17/8/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmmmn the auto delivery colours are Dusk shadow stick and Kona eye liner pencil. I have both of these from other sets, though I couldn't say where the Dusk shadow is as I haven't worn it for ages. It's possibly one of the ones that make me look as though I have a shimmery black eye. I'll dig it out and have a play later just to make sure

Foundation brush upsell idea: QVC should run upsell offers without p&p if you've bought a TSV; they could allow you to enter the order number for you TSV order as a voucher code when you check out your brush order which will automatically discount the postage if you order them separately. If checked out together in the same basket on TSV day they discount should happen automatically. Mind you this might be well beyond the capabilities of their web team to write this bit of code :mysmilie_13:

The close up of Frankenface (half way through the launch show) gave me nightmares :mysmilie_10:

I was wondering that too Marina. The age rebel blush application was awful, really awful!

Hmmmn the auto delivery colours are Dusk shadow stick and Kona eye liner pencil. I have both of these from other sets, though I couldn't say where the Dusk shadow is as I haven't worn it for ages. It's possibly one of the ones that make me look as though I have a shimmery black eye. I'll dig it out and have a play later just to make sure

Foundation brush upsell idea: QVC should run upsell offers without p&p if you've bought a TSV; they could allow you to enter the order number for you TSV order as a voucher code when you check out your brush order which will automatically discount the postage if you order them separately. If checked out together in the same basket on TSV day they discount should happen automatically. Mind you this might be well beyond the capabilities of their web team to write this bit of code :mysmilie_13:

The close up of Frankenface (half way through the launch show) gave me nightmares :mysmilie_10:

Come Akimbo, this is QVC we are talking. You are lucky if the website actually works or even if the item you want it on it. Their brains would explode with you idea.:mysmilie_15:

i have used some of mallys concealer and foundation. i have no lines and this made me look lined. everybody barring the younger models looked frightful,

Thanks for this Akimbo, I was thinking to try the TSV for the foundation, loads off my mind now :)
I ordered the first ever Mally TSV and the brown shadow stick transferred onto the top lid so I don't understand what the fuss is about, can someone enlighten me?

Come Akimbo, this is QVC we are talking. You are lucky if the website actually works or even if the item you want it on it. Their brains would explode with you idea.:mysmilie_15:

What can I say? I'm a dreamer! :mysmilie_506::mysmilie_506::mysmilie_496::mysmilie_850:

I didn`t buy the tsv nor anything else. I watched some of the launch but JF`s claws moving all the time and the non stop " it`s unbelievable !!!! " coming from her lips really annoyed me. It was like watching 2 teenage girls messing around in their bedroom and playing with makeup.

I wanted to watch the launch but as usual I fell asleep so missed it and watched this morning instead. I bought the TSV but will cancel the Auto delivery because I don't like the Dusk eyeshadow and already have plenty brown eyeliner.

Marina some of the eyeshadows are more shimmery than others. I prefer the matt finish. The pen is meant to be used all around the eye, including the top lid and blended into the crease. As mally says you have a few seconds to blend it and then it stays put. This is certainly true of the Taupe one. I have never experiences any transfer, but I always use a shadow base.

Yesterday I swatched the Taupe one on the back of my hand and went to the dreaded high street. I swatched Maybelline 25hr eye tattoo in permanent taupe. The colour and matt texture were a perfect match for each other. Both lasted all day on my hand. The maybelline one washed off with soap and water, the Mally one didn't and I needed to remove it with an eye make up remover. I bought the Maybelline one, a bargain at under a fiver and they were 3 for 2 so my mum got a couple as well.

I've got the Maybelline eye tattoo in the pink and use it as a blusher when on the go, very quick and easy.

I think I`ll try the Maybelline one in taupe. Rimmel do one too so I might try that one as well. I`m a bit stick in the mud when it comes to eye colours, I tend to stick to taupe or muted grey shades. Now and again I might push the boat out and wear khaki lol. I only wear a light slick of eye shadow, no eye liner and a bit of mascara so I`m what you could call a bit muted when it comes to makeup lol.
PS If anybody bought the tsv and wants to sell on the mascara then I`m interested. I recently got one off Ebay but it`s always handy to have a spare. I was hoping Q would get the duos back but they never have.

Well I dug out my shadow sticks and my top choice neutrals are Trailblazing Brown and Saddle Shimmer. Dusk is almost the same as Antique Taupe and has more of a pinkish cast to it which doesn't work well with my hazel eyes. The straighforward Taupe stick is greyer than these with a slight lavender cast which looks pretty on the back of my hand but which looks slightly too pink/grey next to my eyes. The Cobalt and Jade shadow sticks are beautiful and change my boring everyday eye make up very quickly to add colours which do lift my eye colour.

DD at 18 and with green to hazel eyes loves the rose gold shadow stick called Firework, but it was too spangly and bright for me, even as a highlighter.

Do the Taupe lovers on here have blue eyes? Also how do these pencils compare: http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-6-Piece-....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-5-_-205200

Yes Akimbo my eyes are a blue-grey colour.

I ordered those eye amplifying sticks but returned them as only the truffel one suited me. From what you say in your post I think all 3 shades will be perfect for you.

Fancied trying the concealer but a bit steep at £28 + p&p

So checked google and got it for £9.99 delivered on ebay, much better! Anyone tried it?

I've never bought Mally before by the way and am still thinking about the TSV.

If it's the concealer in the tube, it was in a TSV many years ago and I found it pretty good and I could wear the Fair or the Medium. I still have a tube (also bought from ebay) although I rarely use a concealer. My day to day make up is just a foundation whacked on as quickly as possible to cover any blotchy bits, but the Mally concealer gives good coverage, lots of pigment and a little goes a long way. I think most of Mally's range is over-priced for the individual items. At £36 delivered for the foundation that's in the TSV I could go to the dreaded high street (or have the dreaded high street deliver it to me for free) a Guerlain foundation for example. Mac, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Clinique, Dior and Illamasqua I could buy for less money. The TSVs and similar sets usually break down to a reasonable price for each item provided you use most of them.

While I remember a really good match for Taupe if you are after an eyeliner is Avon's "Always on Point" in Lavender Grey. I got a couple half price in the last brochure (3.50 each)

So... the auto delivery option... in 90 days you get the same set but with a different eyeliner, lip stick and shadow, am I right? If so, Mally has said, repeatedly, that the under eye brightener will last 5 years, so why would it be included in the auto delivery? Maybe I have misunderstood the presentation, have I?

There are 23 yes 23 shadow stick colours on QVC.com under item #A242470. Why can't they offer more here?

They also have 2 matt sticks in black and brown which could be good - A252443!

Latest posts

Back