Mally TSV 17/8/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I may need to post a new thread for this as people who may be able to answer may not be interested in the Mally TSV thread...but I am off to Bath tomorrow with mum for a very rare shopping treat (I can't stand doing it with a 4 and 2 year old so shop mostly online).

Some will know how much I love Mally Taupe eyeshadow stick and have grabbed them on Q and ebay when I can. It is getting harder and harder to find and I would love an alternative, in stick format, semi-matte and the same shade. I have the Avon colour trend one in Sailor Taupe but that is closer in shade to Mally's Antique Taupe.

I have heard Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown may do one but my search online does not show a similar shade still available. Can anyone help? TIA.

In Bath go to Jolly's and Space NK to check our the Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier stuff. However I know of another brand called Kiko that sells shadow sticks very comparable to Mally's in longevity! I personally haven't tried them but have heard great reviews. I have tried other stuff from Kiko and found the quality to be good. There is a shade called Light taupe and it looks like it might be a similar shade to Mally's taupe. I have just swatched Mally's taupe on my hand and it looks quite a good match but you can't tell very well from their website. Unfortunately they only have stores in London and shipping is expensive from the website as it is shipped from their headquarters in Italy.

I am going to London next weekend for a friend's party. Just found out that they have a new store in Regent street, 2 floors! Hope to go there so will find out about the shadow sticks for you. They are £6.90 each :)

Thanks Bella Bambina I would love to hear your verdict on the Kiko one. I just googled them and it does look a good alternative and a good price but they say it's a £25 minimum spend on the website :( I will definitely visit Space NK and Jolly's too.

I must be a right slob because I use my fingers ( clean ! ) for applying most of my makeup. Blending foundation, smudging eye shadows, applying blush etc etc. The only time I use brushes or anything else is when I applying mineral foundation.

I hate putting makeup on my fingers, don't like putting it on my face much either put I think at my age a little helps now.

Wayne Goss rec's a BB type sponge on his Youtube site. I've also tried the M&S version and found it excellent - 20% off until tomorrow, too.

Real Techniques also do a knock off, but it didn't last anywhere as long as the real BB or M&S versions. My best buy was the Sonia Kashuk one in the SpaceNK sale - £1 each! I bought a load (couldn't walk away from a bargain like that!).

For me, there are only two items missing from my everyday make up routine with this collection, so I'm hoping to go for it (price depending) - I also use a blusher and Mally's face defender.

Do we know what colour the eye stick is ? I`m not interested in the tsv but depending on the colour of the eye stick I`ll browse Ebay for it after its launched and also for a mascara.

Do we know what colour the eye stick is ? I`m not interested in the tsv but depending on the colour of the eye stick I`ll browse Ebay for it after its launched and also for a mascara.

if it's the same as the US TSV, then I think it's like a pink shimmer.

Feedback about the Eyeko one please WG. I use the taupe Mally one too and if the eyeko one is any good then I`ll order one.

Got it today. Came with a free full size eyeliner which was a bonus I didn't expect.

See photo. Top one Mally, bottom one Eyeko. Latter one seems a darker, more grey toned and the Mally one is lighter, more subtle and a more beige/mushroom tone to it.

I will try the Eyeko for a full test drive at work tomorrow. The Mally looks pristine and lasts all day so will be a tough act to follow.

Sorry had trouble attaching pic. Hope this works.

ForumRunner_20140813_223952.jpg

Thanks WG. As you say the Eyeko one seems darker but the taupe Mally one is hard to find so its worth exploring other avenues just in case. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reccommendation ILS.

Now for a proper review of the Eyeko now that I have used it. The colour is not as dark once blended with the brush on the end of the pen. It lasts all day but not been tried in the rain yet! Also as with the Mally one I add a light sweep of shimmering taupe eyeshadow from the last cherry blossom TSV. I find this sets my expresso liner nicely.

However with the Eyeko the packaging lets it down as all of the product falls out of the pen which means that it is faulty. I can't be bothered to return it as if I am careful removing the cap it should be ok.

As the whole lot fell out I could see that the amount of product was only half what you get from Mally. I also use a small brush to scoop out every last drop of the Mally one so none is wasted.

I won't buy the eyeko one again. I have used paypal money to order 3 of the Kiko ones as they have an offer on for free delivery at the moment. Its the "light taupe" one. Bought 3 as it's a minimum £25 spend and didn't want to try anything else.

Good review of Eyeko, Weathergirl. I have bought eyeliners that I have quite liked but will avoid the shadow stick. Mally's really are a tough act to be beat.

Thanks LLE (I have no "like" button on forum runner App).

Please will someone give me sensible advice.
My head is saying DONT buy the Mally TSV. My heart is saying BUY IT.

Here's why.

-Foundation- love and will use fairly soon
- Eye Brightener- use but definately don't need.
-mascara- use but definitely don't need
-eyeliner-want
-lipstick-possibly nice to try but can do without.

What a quandry

Latest posts

Back