Mally TSV 17/8/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks LLE (I have no "like" button on forum runner App).

Please will someone give me sensible advice.
My head is saying DONT buy the Mally TSV. My heart is saying BUY IT.

Here's why.

-Foundation- love and will use fairly soon
- Eye Brightener- use but definately don't need.
-mascara- use but definitely don't need
-eyeliner-want
-lipstick-possibly nice to try but can do without.

What a quandry

How much is the foundation ? If the difference between the cost of just a foundation and the cost of the tsv isn`t too much then go for the tsv and sell the items you don`t need such as the mascara, possibly the lippy and the eye brightener. That way you get the foundation and other items you want to keep for lower cost. I only buy Mally mascara and eye sticks and regularly get them off Ebay after the launch of a tsv when people obviously only want to keep certain items and sell the rest.

Thanks Vienna. I may do that but wait til after the ebay rush perhaps.

The foundation is £33 plus p & p

I've been using this one from superdrug. I think it was suggested by Marina. It is at least as dark as the eyeko one. Cheap at £3.19. Sometimes on special offer. I also have the blue one.
http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Ey...ow-Pencil-Hot-Chocolate/p/713659#.U-x2LnVwYiE.

It does have a shimmer though
Yes it was me :) I now have all the colours except the blue one, they are shimmery and the grey and the black have glitter, staying power is excellent so I will be using them in future. They require a special sharpener, I got one from my Stila lip pencil.

Hi Marina, I may struggle to sharpen them, was thinking of using a pen knife if I don't have a sharpener that works with them. They certainly stay put with me.

Available to buy online now:
http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-6-Piece-Simple-Steps-To-a-U,-U-Love!-Collection.product.207063.html

Features a high-performance foundation in a choice of shades and a new luscious lipstick, as well as a mascara, a new double-ended eyeliner, a shadow stick and an under-eye brightener that combine to give you a fabulous new eye look. This Mally make-up set has everything you need to transform your look and achieve a professional make-up that you'll love every day.

Individual delivery | Auto Delivery - every 90 days

Contains:

1 x Ultimate Performance Liquid Foundation (30ml; full size) - a high-performance, professional liquid formula that delivers natural-looking, complete coverage while being fast and easy to apply. Comes in a choice of Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, or Rich
1 x Pucker Up Hydrating Lipstick in French Kiss (3.67g; full size) - in a gorgeous pink shade, this brand new super creamy lipstick glides on lips effortlessly, giving you vivid colour in one stroke and leaving lips looking full and juicy
1 x Perfect Prep Under Eye Brightener (11.4g; full size) - with a soft yellow shade, this under-eye brightener counteracts bluer skin tones and leaves a brightened surface. This lightweight, oil-free formula has a gel-like texture and is virtually invisible to the naked eye, yet creates the illusion of flawless skin
1 x Evercolor Shadow Stick in Copper Rose (1.6g; full size) - in a fab new shade, this shadow stick requires no brush for application, and gives you the perfect appearance of bright wide-open eyes
1 x Evercolor Starlight Liner with Brush in Black Navy (1.2g; full size) - slightly softer than a traditional black, this brand new eyeliner is prefect for all occasions, with a hint of navy to help the whites of your eyes look even whiter.
1 x Volumizing Mascara in Black (10ml; full size) - this mascara is perfect if you want instantly long, full and dramatic looking lashes
1 x eyeliner pencil sharpener

How to use:

Ultimate Performance Liquid Foundation

This foundation is incredibly easy to use - simply pump a small amount into your hand and gently blend into the skin with your fingers

Under Eye Brightener

Take a small amount on your ring finger, pat fingers together, and apply underneath eyes and in inner and outer corners
Instead of rubbing, which can be too harsh, gently pat this product into skin

Evercolor Shadow Stick

You have 30 seconds if you want to smudge it gently with your finger or a brush, then it is smudge-proof, crease-proof and transfer-proof

Evercolor Starlight Liner

Use the pencil alone to create supreme definition, or get a smoky effect with the Pro Blender Brush tip that's ideal for blending and softening

Volumizing Mascara

Mally's tip: After you curl your lashes, start at the base and wiggle the wand back and forth, and maintain that same wiggle motion as you continue through the tips. Your lashes will look amazing

Get a new look for next season too
Choose our Auto Delivery option and receive an updated collection again in 90 days' time at Today's Special Value price, with a Shadow Stick, Starlight Liner and Lipstick in complementary new shades for winter.

Behind the brand
Mally Beauty is a collection of high-performance make-up products that encompass simple techniques from celebrity make-up artist Mally Roncal. From gorgeous daytime simplicity to red-carpet-ready glamour, Mally has the answer with proven products that last all day.

Auto Delivery option delivered to UK only

Mally 6 Piece Simple Steps To a U, U Love! Collection

QVC Price: £59.00

Today's Special Value Price :

£37.98

P&P: £4.95
Select colour

FAIR
LIGHT
MEDIUM
RICH
TAN

Select delivery: Auto Delivery What are these delivery options?

Individual delivery
Auto Delivery

Hi Marina, I may struggle to sharpen them, was thinking of using a pen knife if I don't have a sharpener that works with them. They certainly stay put with me.
Hello iloveshopping, a pen knife doesn't work, I tried, it's so hard I think it's plastic, however the sharpener worked when I thought nothing would. You can try to pretend to sharpen it just to see what I mean and start looking for a sharpener in good time otherwise you won't be able to use your pencil when it becomes blunt.
http://www.superdrug.com/search?text=sharpener
http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/sto...stReq=1&searchTerm=pencil+sharpener#container

I am surprised how quickly every shade of eyeshadow stick (bar one) has sold out in less than 2 weeks. They have not even been on air. Mally must be a brand that always sells well whether there are shows on air or not.

It happens every time, but I'd say unless they've taken their own photos then you're relying on their TSVs being delivered intact and on time. They don't have the item in their possession already (unless they bought from QVC US. Sure you can get your money back or leave negative feedback but then you've missed the chance to buy the TSV and had a load of hassle. Years ago ebay & paypal discouraged buyers from relying on listings using stock photos instead of the sellers' own but this seems to have fallen by the wayside. I'd always rather see the item I'm paying for.

I want to buy new from Q and watch the demo too. I can't believe they are allowed to sell something they don't even have yet and on "buy it now" so they may have someone's money before they have the stock to send them.

I buy Mally stuff off Ebay but only if its a genuine photo of the item and never before a tsv has been aired. What annoys me more than anything is when people try selling the individual items at way above what it`s worth. I won`t pay it. I don`t mind paying a fair price but I`m never that desperate for a mascara that I`d pay over the odds for one.

Talking about the shadow sticks, have you seen the new version of Shimmer, Shape & Glow? It's gone from a powder trio to what look like cream sticks. http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-3-Piece-...l?sc=NVSTPLH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-41-_-206707

I wonder whether these would give an eye contouring effect if used with an eye shadow brush. I hope there's a long enough demo on air (on a clean face with only foundation please Mally!) to show the colours and how much pay-off they give? As a cheek contouring product I'd go for the lighter option but if they look as though they deposit enough colour I might experiment with the dark set as eye shadow. Each stick is 5.5g whereas the shadow sticks are 1.6g so I'm hoping I've hit on a workable idea. What do you reckon?

I think you are right Akimbo I was thinking "hmmm they would be good on the eyes too.. mixed together or seperately with the pinkish one on the cheeks.

Please will someone give me sensible advice.
My head is saying DONT buy the Mally TSV. My heart is saying BUY IT.

Here's why.

-Foundation- love and will use fairly soon
- Eye Brightener- use but definately don't need.
-mascara- use but definitely don't need
-eyeliner-want
-lipstick-possibly nice to try but can do without.

What a quandry

In my opinion, I would buy it. Mainly because it sounds like you use Mally foundation, which is £33 plus postage from QVC, so because the TSV is £38 plus postage, that means you would only be paying £5 (plus all the postage) for the eyeliner you want and then all the other products you will use but don't need.

Oh if its anything pinky then I`ll avoid it like the plague. I`ll watch out for a mascara. Thanks Warwa

Just in case you didn't know, the eyeshadow shade is 'Copper Rose':
"1 x Evercolor Shadow Stick in Copper Rose (1.6g; full size) - in a fab new shade, this shadow stick requires no brush for application, and gives you the perfect appearance of bright wide-open eyes"

I ordered mine, on auto delivery, when it was first released.

My main reasons for ordering it are:
1) I'm running out of foundation, so thought I would give this a go (never used it before)
2) I fancy trying the 'under eye brightener'
3) My current sharpener is broke
4) I'm a sucker for a solid lip stick

I don't need any mascara (although I would have bought the Eyeko TSV had I have known about it when it was on in July), eye shadows or eye liners and I don't really like eyeliners that you have to sharpen.

I saw on QVC's website this Mally foundation brush:
http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-BB-Foundation-Brush.product.206060.html?productId=13058599&sc=WSHCS
Can you use any brush to apply Mally foundation, or do you need a specific one?

Thanks for your post Warwa...like you I have gone for the auto delivery.

With the foundation...I have a really good quality Smashbox foundation brush and I had a Bobbi Brown one before that. With every liquid foundation I used it with ..including Mally and Chanel I ended up with "foundation lines" that I had to use my fingers to blend. Then I ditched the brush and just used my fingers with much better results. I received a pack of beauty blenders today (knock off I'm sure but they work) Seem to be made out of the same material used with Mally face defender. You dampen it squeeze the excess water out then dab on liquid foundation with it. Then you wash it and air-dry it. I am impressed, much better than a brush.

I don't apply foundation with a brush but I apply it quite quickly with my fingers and then buff with a big Doll10 foundation brush which blends it perfectly and removes any excess. It gives a really flawless finish. It'is also more economical because the brush isn't loaded with foundation that never actually makes it on to my face iykwim.

Latest posts

Back