Mally TSV 17/8/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone received and tried theirs yet? I already knew the foundation is fab so have mine in reserve for when my chanel one runs out. Tried the eyeliner and lipstick though. Both are lovely. This has to be the best "black"shade I have ever tried. Love the hint of Navy in it, but then I am a fan of Navy eyeliner.

I went to bed early last night and turned the TV on as thought I'd get some last minute tips on applying my TSV when it arrives. I nodded off straight away though and was rudely awoken by the shrieks which wasn't at all pleasant so the TV got turned straight off.

Take back what I said about Eyeko. Fantastic customer service I would buy from then again. I emailed them about the faulty packaging on Friday. I heard nothing over the weekend. On monday to my surprise another one appears through my letterbox. When I checked my email this morning they asked for a pic of the faulty one and I was happy to oblige. They didn't want the other one back (would be binned anyway) and there is no fault with the second one they sent me at all! So now I have 2, and I will just have to be very careful with the faulty one but I won't waste it!

Anyone received and tried theirs yet?

I have done all my make-up in the TSV this morning (apart from the eyeliner, as I don't like eyeliners you have to sharpen, I used the black from the last TSV instead). I was a bit apprehensive about using my fingers with the foundation, but I think it was fine. I really like the eyeshadow, the mascara and the lipstick. The under eye product seems ok too. I was again a bit worried about using it with it being very yellow and I have hereditary dark circles, but it was ok in the end.

Take back what I said about Eyeko. Fantastic customer service I would buy from then again. I emailed them about the faulty packaging on Friday. I heard nothing over the weekend. On monday to my surprise another one appears through my letterbox. When I checked my email this morning they asked for a pic of the faulty one and I was happy to oblige. They didn't want the other one back (would be binned anyway) and there is no fault with the second one they sent me at all! So now I have 2, and I will just have to be very careful with the faulty one but I won't waste it!

That's brilliant WG.
Good customer service can be the difference between me using a company again and never using them again if you see what I mean? (Yes, Dell, I'm talking about you).
I like it when we hear about a company going beyond the call of duty.
Thanks for posting that.

Finally received my alternatives to Mally Taupe which I will be testing out over the next few weeks.

Top one swatched is Maybelline 24 hour eye tattoo in Permanent Taupe. Cost under £5

Next is Kiko Long lasting Stick in no.25 Light Taupe. Cost under £6

Next is Mally Eyestick in Taupe -Cost £22 delivered

Last swatch is Eyeko Me and my Shadow Waterproof Shadow liner in Taupe-cost £15 plus postage.

ForumRunner_20140822_183126.jpg

I've been using this TSV since I received it, but now I'm not sure about it - I've had loads of problems with make-up on my contact lenses since. I've eliminated the eyeliner & eyeshadow definitely, but it could now still be there mascara or the yellow under eye product (or maybe the foundation, but I think that's unlikely).

I've been out today so I didn't wanna spend the afternoon unable to see properly (I've been having to clean my contact lenses at work about 3/4 times a day), so I haven't used either of the products, but tomorrow I'm going to try and find out which product it is causing me the issue.

Update (incase anyone cares, lol!)...

I wore the mascara out on Sunday evening and had no problems with it getting on my contacts, and today I have the yellow under eye product on and at the moment I haven't noticed that it is that either. Therefore tomorrow, I'm going to have to wear the foundation to see if it's that and then Thursday all of it again...

I've started to convince myself that it was just a dodgy pair of contacts, but it was two sets! That's why I'm convinced it's the make up.
Last time I had this problem it was caused by Liz Earle's mascaras. I had had them a couple of months, but I had to bin them.

This is taking longer than I thought! lol!

Warwa I wear contacts and Mally's make up does irritate them sometimes. For me it's the fact that I feel, contrary to her claims, it isn't bullet proof and it travels.

Warwa I wear contacts and Mally's make up does irritate them sometimes. For me it's the fact that I feel, contrary to her claims, it isn't bullet proof and it travels.

Thanks for this Ellaaa. I feel a little better now knowing I'm not the only one experiencing the contact lens problem. lol!

I'm having a lot of trouble with eye make-up in recent months, it's irritating the hell out of my eyes. I've had increasingly dry, problematic eyes for the last several years but was still ok with make-up for most of that time. I wore full make-up including eyeliner in my inner rim nearly every day. Now I can't wear it on my inner rim at all, ever, and can only wear other eye make-up for special occasions as it hurts my eyes for days afterwards. Wtf? I also find eyeshadow and liner in my inner rims for up to three days afterwards, despite wiping them with a cotton bud and micellar water several times. Whatever kind of make-up I use, however I apply it, it always travels into my eyes. I don't know what to do, I can't just never wear eye make-up again, I look hideous without it. It's hard to go about my business without it, I need it to feel remotely confident. But I obviously don't want to totally ruin my eye health... I've been to doctors and opticians about a billion times about my eye discomfort over the years, and been given various types of drops. They do help the discomfort, dryness and grittiness and I feel ok if I don't use make-up, but nothing seems to help on the days I do. Does anyone have any ideas?

Dry eyes are also my problem over the past few years and I have tried to find a non allergic mascara with little success. I keep watching the beauty shows but they all seem bullet proof,waterproof,etc.

Years ago I used Almay ultra sensitive and you could buy it in Boots and other stores,then it disappeared.i have looked online and they have a web site so may try them but I would like it if Q had more variety.Like someone else said on another thread I prefer brown or brown/black but never see it on Q.

Update (incase anyone cares, lol!)...

I wore the mascara out on Sunday evening and had no problems with it getting on my contacts, and today I have the yellow under eye product on and at the moment I haven't noticed that it is that either. Therefore tomorrow, I'm going to have to wear the foundation to see if it's that and then Thursday all of it again...

I've started to convince myself that it was just a dodgy pair of contacts, but it was two sets! That's why I'm convinced it's the make up.
Last time I had this problem it was caused by Liz Earle's mascaras. I had had them a couple of months, but I had to bin them.

This is taking longer than I thought! lol!

Looks like I typed too soon this morning, because although I went all day with no problems, my left contact lens has been full of make up constantly since I got home at 4pm.

Try Blinc mascara. It "tubes" the lashes so no particle fallout. They also do an eye liner. Taking it off is a doddle. Just warm water on a cloth and press gently against the lashes. As you draw the cloth downwards, your "lashes" (just the tubes really, though it is a bit alarming at first) come away.

I think Clinique and a few other brands started making a tubing mascara, but can't remember the names, sorry.

Back to the Mally TSV. Mine arrived yesterday and I'm really disappointed. The shadow is nothing like the colour on the show I taped. We've just finished watching it again now and have asked my sister and niece's opinions - both say the same thing. The colour on the first model is more of the pink/lilac featured in previous TSVs. Later on in on the models, the colour is more like the one I've received. Even the lipstick on the first model is a brighter pink than further on in the show.

Was it just my telly?

Upon recommendation on this forum I now use Blinc.

I recently tried Benefit, they're real, and whilst I liked the no smudge aspect I found it almost impossible to remove. I have very very sensitive skin around the very top of the cheekbones and no matter what brand I used, all recommended by the lovely members here, unfortunately they all caused problems. I must have spent a fortune in removers in the past month so have gone straight back to Blinc.

Interested that Clinique are now doing a tubing one as I can use some of their products.

LOVE tubing mascaras, as a contact lens wearer they cannot be beaten. No 7 Stay Perfect mascara is a good one and pretty good value, but doesn't give as dramatic lashes as Eyeko. Which Clinique mascara a tubing one?

Latest posts

Back