Mally TSV 17/8/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh no! I like that foundation too but I definitely DEFINITELY don't need anymore!

...but I am weak!

Oh Bu***r. If it's that foundation I am back in the game. I love that foundation, so now even though I use but don't need 2 of the items...hey I may as well have them!

Don't know if it's been there a while but only just spotted on the website £19.95 plus postage of under £3 individual item-eyeshadow sticks in various shaded including TAUPE! I have a stash of these as it's just the best colour and texture for me. I have used some of my ebay money. Back to being in 2 minds about the TSV lol. If the Taupe is in the duo that's meant to be coming up soon then in all likelihood I will order that too but we shall see :)

I'm pleased that yellow foundation has been taken out of our TSV. I was really worried about that.

I have pale skin, and Leigh from bareMinerals told me at the Beauty Bash that I should be using their lightest shade (I'm unsure if this is 'fair' or 'fairly light'): http://www.qvcuk.com/bareMinerals-O...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-18-_-229113
And she even said, even if I don't use their foundation, whoever I use I should be wearing the lightest shade.

I bought the Doll10 Foundation, in 'light': http://www.qvcuk.com/Doll10-Aqua-D'...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-17-_-205742 But I found this was too 'full coverage' for me. I do like the Conceal it Concealer though (again in 'light').

Is this the foundation that will be in the TSV: http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-Ultimate....201048.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-22-_-201048

I really like the look of this TSV, but I need to sort my shade out for the foundation...

Foundations that are yellow based tend to suit people better who have warm undertones to their skin. Foundations which are pink based suit people with cool undertones. You can find your undertone by looking at your wrist. If your veins are green you are likely to have a warm undertone, if it is more blue than green than you are likely to have a warm undertone. If it is a mix of both and you can't see one more than the other than you are probably neutral. Foundations that are neutral usually have a mix of pink and yellow in them. Mally's foundations are yellow based, but would also suit neutral undertones as well. I don't think it would be so good for pink but not sure as I don't have any pink in my skin. My skin is fair and has yellow/neutral undertones. If you tend to look better in silver jewellery, it may be cool undertone. If you look better in gold, you are probably a warm undertone. If you look good in both you might be a neutral. Fair porcelain skins - think ginger hair, usually have pink undertones to skin and burn very quickly when sunbathing. Slightly darker skins usually go red, then tan. May be yellow or neutral. Any darker skins might go brown straightaway. Not fool proof but. usually the case.

Am I reading this right that blue and green veins means warm undertones?

You can find your undertone by looking at your wrist. If your veins are green you are likely to have a warm undertone, if it is more blue than green than you are likely to have a warm undertone.

Did you mean to put 'cool' here? The sentence has confused me slightly.

Good stuff, although in the US it was a 7 piece set not 6, so we are losing something! Although, from the look of the picture it is just the foundation brush? :mysmilie_59:

Having now watched the video on QVC's website for the foundation (http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-Ultimate....201048.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-22-_-201048), it appears we don't need the brush because we are to use our fingers to apply the foundation! I must say, I'm not a fan of this at all. I struggled changing to a brush recently (from a sponge), I definitely can't change to my fingers.

Does anyone use this foundation? How do you apply it?

So the vein thing, how do people of Afro Caribbean or Indian heritage work that one?

If you have blue and green veins you are suppose to be neutral and beige is your choice.

Having now watched the video on QVC's website for the foundation (http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-Ultimate....201048.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-22-_-201048), it appears we don't need the brush because we are to use our fingers to apply the foundation! I must say, I'm not a fan of this at all. I struggled changing to a brush recently (from a sponge), I definitely can't change to my fingers.

Does anyone use this foundation? How do you apply it?

Warwa100 I like a very light, dewy coverage and apart from Chanel Vitalumiere, this is the best liquid foundation I have tried. I put one pump on the back of my clean hands then apply with fingers and one pump is enough. I find the coverage and finish much better doing it this way than with a brush. Foundation brushes harbour loads of bacteria and I don't think people clean their brushes anywhere near enough either.

From what you have said you should go for the Fair option. I use Light in Bare Minerals and Light in this one from Mally and the 2 are exactly the same on me. :)

From what you have said you should go for the Fair option. I use Light in Bare Minerals and Light in this one from Mally and the 2 are exactly the same on me. :)

Thanks for your tips & advise, I will certainly bear them in mind when ordering :)

Don't know if it's been there a while but only just spotted on the website £19.95 plus postage of under £3 individual item-eyeshadow sticks in various shaded including TAUPE! I have a stash of these as it's just the best colour and texture for me. I have used some of my ebay money. Back to being in 2 minds about the TSV lol. If the Taupe is in the duo that's meant to be coming up soon then in all likelihood I will order that too but we shall see :)

Replying to my own post Lol!

Either I got the last one or you guys have ordered the Taupe in droves as it is showing as sold out now

I may need to post a new thread for this as people who may be able to answer may not be interested in the Mally TSV thread...but I am off to Bath tomorrow with mum for a very rare shopping treat (I can't stand doing it with a 4 and 2 year old so shop mostly online).

Some will know how much I love Mally Taupe eyeshadow stick and have grabbed them on Q and ebay when I can. It is getting harder and harder to find and I would love an alternative, in stick format, semi-matte and the same shade. I have the Avon colour trend one in Sailor Taupe but that is closer in shade to Mally's Antique Taupe.

I have heard Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown may do one but my search online does not show a similar shade still available. Can anyone help? TIA.

I know Rimmel do a shadow stick in Taupe but I can't say what the quality is as I've never used it,back to the foundation I now use a Beauty Blender to apply my liquid foundation it's fantastic as it gives you an airbrushed look.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

Thanks Vienna I just ordered and used paypal too. Really love selling stuff I don't use to buy new stuff!

LynnI will check out the Rimmell one tomorrow, re those blender things are those the egg shaped things? I got something like that (copy I think coming that I got off Amazon, but my email said they were coming from Hong Kong so no idea when I can try them.

Feedback about the Eyeko one please WG. I use the taupe Mally one too and if the eyeko one is any good then I`ll order one.

I brought my Beauty Blender from Selfridges for £13,yes it is like an egg shape sponge,I suggest you look on youtube how to use it correctly as this helped me.
Lynn

Latest posts

Back