Mally TSV 17/8/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So... the auto delivery option... in 90 days you get the same set but with a different eyeliner, lip stick and shadow, am I right? If so, Mally has said, repeatedly, that the under eye brightener will last 5 years, so why would it be included in the auto delivery? Maybe I have misunderstood the presentation, have I?

Yes thought the same about the eye product! I am not a 'Mallyista' but do have her Face Defender, I find the look too heavy.Just seen some snippits of the shows today but I have to mute Mally after about 10 minutes.I like her as she is such a character & very funny at times BUT too, too loud for my delicate ears! & the seal impression clapping OMG!

Has the face defender ever been in a TSV?

I succumbed to the TSV thought I'd try the foundation. I like the Laura Geller B&B but like to have a liquid foundation and am almost out of my fave Clinique one which is now discontinued. Fingers crossed I like it. I'd also like to try the mascara, the eye pencil and stick. As I work nights and have always had dark circles am going to try the yellowstuff too.

I think you are right Akimbo I was thinking "hmmm they would be good on the eyes too.. mixed together or seperately with the pinkish one on the cheeks.

Have a look at the colours on qvc.com item #A252440 the colours look far more peachy/orange based than the pictures on qvcuk.com. I was dithering about ordering these to experiment with but the colours wouldn't look good around my eyes although I can wear a peachy coral blush as my skintone is warm. Hmmmn I thought I'd found a good multi-tasker and now I'm not so sure.

So... the auto delivery option... in 90 days you get the same set but with a different eyeliner, lip stick and shadow, am I right? If so, Mally has said, repeatedly, that the under eye brightener will last 5 years, so why would it be included in the auto delivery? Maybe I have misunderstood the presentation, have I?

I thought this too. If I end up accepting the auto delivery, I'll probably end up selling this as I don't think I'll need it.

Just watching some Mally, goodness she is so loud tonight! They are showing three eye pencils for£17.52.
JF How much is each pencil?
Mally. In the US, 15 dollars each.
JF. So that is £20 then.

Actually it is £9. No correction of course.

Franks! Step away from the blushers! Your Aunt Sally is on the phone! :mysmilie_12:

Step away from the microphones both of you! :mysmilie_1: Seriously my deaf next door neighbour is banging on my wall! :headbang:

I got the Auto Delivery in light just before it sold out. I really like the foundation and the eye shadow stick and lipstick looked good, plus I want to try the yellow eye base. Might sell the mascara as I have a few already.

I caught some of the launch last night and thought all the models were so caked in makeup there faces were hitting the cameras , have they not heard of less is more , And everytime Mally was applying makeup to the model (mainly JJ Last night) she had no makeup on the brush so the model didn't look any different to when she first appeared with a full face of slap.

Dont get me started on Jill Franks Blusher :mysmilie_15:

I caught some of the launch last night and thought all the models were so caked in makeup there faces were hitting the cameras , have they not heard of less is more , And everytime Mally was applying makeup to the model (mainly JJ Last night) she had no makeup on the brush so the model didn't look any different to when she first appeared with a face full of slap.

Dont get me started on Jill Franks Blusher :mysmilie_15:
Coco the clown is alive and kicking ...

I caught some of the launch last night and thought all the models were so caked in makeup there faces were hitting the cameras , have they not heard of less is more , And everytime Mally was applying makeup to the model (mainly JJ Last night) she had no makeup on the brush so the model didn't look any different to when she first appeared with a full face of slap.

I was saying this to my OH (although he didn't seem that interested if I'm honest) - it annoys me so much that Mally was putting all the TSV products on an already made up model. Why do that? What is the point of it? She's a make-up artist, so why can't she put it on live and show us 'how easy it is'?

Don't get me wrong, I like Mally, but those presentations bug me.

They complain about that on QVC US as well. Mally and Laura Geller just dab away at the models who are fully made up before the show starts. I mean we hear what world class makeup artists they are and the celebs(especially Mally), they make up for whatever. But never get the chance to actually see them do it. I mean do you ever see Beyonce and think,"Oh Mally did that!" I doubt it.

My TSV has come this morning :) I'm pretty excited. I didn't think it was right to sit at my desk in work applying it all, but I will be having a proper play later on. The liner sharpener looks pants though - very cheap.

I could hardly believe it last night, first of all Mally came shrieking on to the set of the show before hers to admire the clothing (what the?) then on her own show, she continued to shriek. She put some eye brightener on to Alison Keenan's face (twice) and I'm sure that Ms Keenan was really happy about the extreme close up of herself, and then and after one particularly ear splitting shriek from Mally, I switched off. It's not that I wasn't interested in the make up, but I genuinely did not want to listen to any more. What a turn off.

I don't think she uses Mally usually, does she?
It didn't look like she did to me.

No idea if she usually uses it or not , but she applied the blusher to herself in the show and well aunt sally had nothing on her, I was surprised Mally didnt offer to to help her but i guess that would mean her actually having to apply makeup on air lol

Im sure after one of the Beauty Bashes AY said the feedback she received was viewers wanted more "honest" befores and afters and that they wanted the models in the hair and makeup shows to start with bare faces , yet that still doesnt seem to happen, besides the YBF shows.

Not only do I think the models should have bare faces at the start of makeup shows, I also think that now and again they should use a "real person" not a model.

Latest posts

Back