Mally TSV 17/8/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now I've stopped using that under eye brightener, I've noticed my contact lenses are ok again.

But I was looking at my Mally make up the other day and I noticed there is a postcode of M50 3UB, which is Salford (and round the corner from me) and I was wondering if anyone knew why?

Have you tried googling the post code and maybe looking at the street view? I might have a nosey when I get back (got food shopping to do...so dull and people keep eating what I buy which is inconsiderate and mean I have to repurchase on a regular basis!)

Have you tried googling the post code and maybe looking at the street view?

I know exactly where it is - it's The Lowry Outlet Mall in Salford Quays. There are some offices within it, so I presume it's actually there because I've never seen a shop inside.

Curious though I thought Mally Beauty was exclusive to QVC so I'd be surprised if there's a middle man responsible for importing the brand into the UK, in the way that Abbi imports Ultrasun. I have visions of a broom cupboard with a pink diamante bullet-proof phone and not much else.

For those that ordered with the autobuy option who's going ahead with the other deliveries and who's cancelling and why?

I'm pretty much decided to cancel, I don't know what I would do with 3 pots of newborn baby poo!

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

For those that ordered with the autobuy option who's going ahead with the other deliveries and who's cancelling and why?
I'm pretty much decided to cancel, I don't know what I would do with 3 pots of newborn baby poo!
Thanks in advance to all who reply.

There are two drops? I thought there was only one?

I'm unsure whether to cancel this auto delivery or not because I want the lip stick, eye shadow & mascara, but I don't want the eyeliner or the under eye brightener and I'm unsure on the foundation...

I like the foundation (although I'm not a fan of using my fingers to put it on), but I've just discovered Laura Geller's baked foundation and although I don't like using loose powder foundation, this is totally different.

Anyone know when the auto delivery is due?

Dragging up an old thread, sorry, but I've just had a new Avon brochure and noticed they have new colours in their Mally-lookalike shadow sticks. I remember someone here rec'ing Sailor Taupe which is half price in their accompanying sale brochure.

Mr Marple - what probs have you had with Dell? I've had shocking CS with them. My particular laptop has been all over the internet as having the same problem - I believe there's a Class Action being taken against them in the US. Wish we could do something like that over here.

Dragging up an old thread, sorry, but I've just had a new Avon brochure and noticed they have new colours in their Mally-lookalike shadow sticks. I remember someone here rec'ing Sailor Taupe which is half price in their accompanying sale brochure.

Mr Marple - what probs have you had with Dell? I've had shocking CS with them. My particular laptop has been all over the internet as having the same problem - I believe there's a Class Action being taken against them in the US. Wish we could do something like that over here.

The Avon "Sailor Taupe" is more like Mally's "Antique Taupe" rather than "Taupe". Plus the Avon ones are not retractable and contain only a tiny amount of product. Colour is the same but the Avon ones have zero staying power. I bought one and chucked it :(

The Avon "Sailor Taupe" is more like Mally's "Antique Taupe" rather than "Taupe". Plus the Avon ones are not retractable and contain only a tiny amount of product. Colour is the same but the Avon ones have zero staying power. I bought one and chucked it :(

Thanks for this WG. I was just about to order. They're only a few quid, but the amount of few quids wasted doesn't half add up!

Not tried Clinique ones yet but will look out for them. I have so far tried the following:

-Eyeko Taupe eyeshadow stick-a very good alternative to Mally
- Kiko Light Taupe 8 hour eyeshadow stick which is a good alternative but not a good colour match. Cheaper price though.
- Maybelline 24 houreye tatoo in permanent taupe. Not a stick but an identical colour match to Mally and brilliant staying power.

Verdict so far is that it is really hard to beat the Mally Taupe eyeshadow stick. However Mally Eye amplifying shadow liner in Truffle is gorgeous. I got mine on ebay as I didnt want to pay for the other colours in the set on Q.

Not tried Clinique ones yet but will look out for them. I have so far tried the following:

-Eyeko Taupe eyeshadow stick-a very good alternative to Mally
- Kiko Light Taupe 8 hour eyeshadow stick which is a good alternative but not a good colour match. Cheaper price though.
- Maybelline 24 houreye tatoo in permanent taupe. Not a stick but an identical colour match to Mally and brilliant staying power.

Verdict so far is that it is really hard to beat the Mally Taupe eyeshadow stick. However Mally Eye amplifying shadow liner in Truffle is gorgeous. I got mine on ebay as I didnt want to pay for the other colours in the set on Q.

What does the shadow liner do? Sounds intriguing.

What are the coolest taupes you've used?

The coolest Taupe I would describe as having more grey in them rather than brown. Therefore definitely the Mally one or the Maybelline.

The Eyeko one is similar but with slightly more shimmer.

The Kiko one, although the palest and mattest of them all, is warmer in tone because it has more brown than grey in it.

The Eye Amplifying shadow liner gives a soft, airbrushed almost "satin" finish. Not shimmer at all. And I would say if you like Taupe as a shade you would love Truffle. Fantastic staying power on the amplifying shadow liner too..but you would need a Mally Sharpener for a chubby pencil included as the one I got from ebay did not supply a sharpener. Luckily I had one from a previous Mally deal with a chubby lipstick and I kept the sharpener.

Hope this helps Alter Ego...you have probably guessed I only ever wear Taupe on my eyes,lol.

By the way I use a Mally Taupe eyeliner on the bottom and expresso liner on the top about 3/4 of the way. I find the expresso complements the taupe perfectly. I have blue eyes in case that makes a difference!

Interesting, my 24 hour eye tatoo in the pink rolls off after a few hours, having said this I don't wear the shadow base.

I wear a shadow base every day no matter what eyeshadow I choose to wear on the day. I dont have "oily" eyelids but I do have naturally dark lids, have since my 20's and I want to even out and neutralise their colour before applying shadow. With the Maybelline 24 hour eye tattoo I always use a brush designed for cream shadow to apply and not my fingers.

I bought the clinique chubby stick shadow tint for eyes today, in colour 'lot's of latte'

I'll let you know what I think although I'm new to shadow sticks my first one was the one in the mally tsv and I have found it useful.

I bought the Eyeko Taupe, didn't even get the chance to use as the stick fell out of the holder. Took back and the SA lifted a brand new one, opened the box took off the lid and the stick fell out. I got my money back without a explanation.

I bought the Eyeko Taupe, didn't even get the chance to use as the stick fell out of the holder. Took back and the SA lifted a brand new one, opened the box took off the lid and the stick fell out. I got my money back without a explanation.

Same here Donna! I posted before about this. The first one I bought did exactly tge same and they replaced it without quibble and I didnt need to return the original. I still use it...but it takes a knack!

Bet they are peed off with the manufacturer of the packaging.

Latest posts

Back