Tattoos on models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Just saw the Julep model slathering her face with skin perfector. It's a pity she didn't slather some on her wrist and hide her tramp stamp when appearing on telly! I'm not sure tattoos make for a classy look on anyone however I particularly don't expect to see them on models. It just looks, well, cheap and trashy. Or does it?

What do you think?

Personally, tattoos are not for me. Nowadays they are very much the norm, so I think you have to live and let live. I object to calling a tattoo a tramp stamp. Time to stop that kind of labelling I think.

Personally, tattoos are not for me. Nowadays they are very much the norm, so I think you have to live and let live. I object to calling a tattoo a tramp stamp. Time to stop that kind of labelling I think.

Fair enough, however this is a tattoo on a model on a television shopping channel! It's really not classy. Don't want to see models all tatted up!

Well said May, I've got a tattoo on the top of my left arm, it has my sons names, my husbands and I'm getting my grandsons because having their names on my arm makes me feel I'm with them all the time and when it comes my time to leave this earth, I love them all so much I want them (in name) close to with me. It's not a "tramp stamp" but something that is personal to me and has meaning as I suppose everyone with a tattoo has meaning behind it.

Well said May, I've got a tattoo on the top of my left arm, it has my sons names, my husbands and I'm getting my grandsons because having their names on my arm makes me feel I'm with them all the time and when it comes my time to leave this earth, I love them all so much I want them (in name) close to with me. It's not a "tramp stamp" but something that is personal to me and has meaning as I suppose everyone with a tattoo has meaning behind it.

I love watching Tattoo Fixers, and some of the stories, even ones resulting in horrible tattoos, are very touching. There are some frankly daft stories too...usually involving drink. Tattoos are too painful and permanent for the vast majority to undergo lightly.

Not this AGAIN Julius.:yawn::yawn: You did a thread last year about the same thing. It is up to the individual if they chose to have a tattoo, whether you think it's classy not. If QVC and the company the model is working for have no problem with them that is it. So classy QVC PMSL at the very idea they are classy. Should discriminate against employing someone who is qualified to do the job because they have a tattoo. Many of the top so-called supermodels who walked for the couture designers have tattoos as it is the norm now. In fact, back in history, it was very normal for everyone to have them. According to your thinking, everyone who has a tattoo should be on benefits and not allowed to work.:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

I do not have any but friends do and they cost very big money and look fantastic.

I can’t see the difference between a model on QVC and someone like David Beckham having a tattoo both appear on TV. Your post ‘Julius’ is sexist imo. Yes I do have a small tattoo but it is only visible if I want it to be.

Not this AGAIN Julius.:yawn::yawn: You did a thread last year about the same thing. It is up to the individual if they chose to have a tattoo, whether you think it's classy not. If QVC and the company the model is working for have no problem with them that is it. So classy QVC PMSL at the very idea they are classy. Should discriminate against employing someone who is qualified to do the job because they have a tattoo. Many of the top so-called supermodels who walked for the couture designers have tattoos as it is the norm now. In fact, back in history, it was very normal for everyone to have them. According to your thinking, everyone who has a tattoo should be on benefits and not allowed to work.:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

I do not have any but friends do and they cost very big money and look fantastic.

Donna that post is perfect, thank you.

I checked the date Donna because I thought it was an old post that someone had put a comment on today. I've always wanted a butterfly on my shoulder blade but at 70 I think I am too old, not sure about full arm tattoos or on the face but others dont bother me.

My parents had friends who were holocaust survivors which kind of put me off tattoos from a v young age. Back in the 60s when I was little my only other experience of tattoos was on aging sailors (hang on that sounds very wrong).

Once I get to the stage when I can't remember my name or address I might ask someone to write it on the back of my hand in biro.

I like tattoos if they are really well done. I see a lot of heinous ones too!

But it’s 2019 and I for one think it’s great that the days of “visible tattoos” being an absolute no-no for all sorts of jobs are over.

I checked the date Donna because I thought it was an old post that someone had put a comment on today. I've always wanted a butterfly on my shoulder blade but at 70 I think I am too old, not sure about full arm tattoos or on the face but others dont bother me.

I don't think you are ever too old.Do it if you want to as I am sure you will love the finished tattoo.

I find the artwork on tatoos amazing and beautiful. Although I wouldn't like facial tattoos I am going to have a dragon done on my arm this year.It can be covered at work and will be colourful and something I have wanted for ages.Tattoos are found in many cultures and have been around for thousands of years.They are often just as a body decoration and as others have stated ,are not entered into without thought .It is up to the individual whether they want to adorn their body in this way but they will not be any less 'classy' or lesser humans in some way than people without tattoos.A tattoo merely adorns the outside of the body.It doesn't affect the person inside.

Some people love them, some people hate them and some people don`t care either way. I daresay many a person has had a tattoo and later regretted it much the same as I daresay there`s many a person had one and loved it so much they`ve gone back for more. To each their own and whether you love or hate them, then the label "tramp stamp" says more about the person using such a term than it does about anybody having a tattoo.
I don`t have any tattoos but one of my sons does and so does my daughter in law as well as another son`s partner. My youngest son`s ex girlfriend had her own tattoo parlour and probably earned more money in a day than many people made in a month, tattoos, especially ones done by someone with an art degree as she had and who could do wonderful designs and not just use transfers is big business and a sign that on the whole tattoos are widely accepted in all walks of life and all professions.
My son, my daughter in law and my son`s partner have their tattoos where they can easily be covered if they want to or on show when they`re not working, are on holiday or wearing different clothes. So should you ever be rushed into hospital and your life saved by a 40 year old Doctor who had her tattoos whilst at Uni then I`ll tell my son`s partner that you might be extra fussy and not to bother saving your life because you really wouldn`t like to be handled by someone with a tramp stamp !

I've wanted a tattoo since I was 19 - a prowling leopard going down my back and onto my backside...but was always too chicken to even get a teeny tiny one. Saying that though, it would be one chubby leopard by now :mysmilie_17:

I read a report that we are the most tattooed nation in Europe. Says a lot.

I'm not a fan, but have always wondered why people bother to have them on their back leg calves, or their back, - paid all that money for what ? they cant see them, and neither can anyone else - except in summer. Also some have so many done that the designs become a blur.

David Beckham ? in my opinion looks a mess. Amy Winehouse had awful ones that looked like a 10 year old had done them, and I've noticed that Sheridan Smith 'covers' up in her acting roles - why? if she's proud of them - because they are still not accepted in many areas of employment.

Anyway, with the rise of Sepsis, caused by a bacterial infection in the blood, I'd certainly think twice before putting anything alien like ink or Botox into my bloodstream.

I can’t see the difference between a model on QVC and someone like David Beckham having a tattoo both appear on TV. Your post ‘Julius’ is sexist imo. Yes I do have a small tattoo but it is only visible if I want it to be.

I don't like them on sportspeople either, Betty. I remember that awful bloke from Percy & Reed - he looked like he'd just got out of Strangeways!

I don't like them on sportspeople either, Betty. I remember that awful bloke from Percy & Reed - he looked like he'd just got out of Strangeways!

You see there you go again equating tattoos with jail. Yes some are jail tattoos but loads are not.

You see there you go again equating tattoos with jail. Yes some are jail tattoos but loads are not.

I am not equalling all tattoos with jail - just that guy's. He had the Ace of Spades and all manner of things on his hands that looked the sort of jailbird tattoos. I'm not denying he's a successful businessman and I'm not denying the artistry involved in some tattoos is nothing short of amazing. However artistic or not, they're viewed as common and vulgar by the upper echelons of society - and arguably rightly so. That's not to say people don't or shouldn't have freedom of choice to do whatsoever they wish with their own bodies. If someone has a tattoo it doesn't do me the least harm - I just don't like them. Sorry! Just as people exercise the right to have them, I exercise my right NOT to have them.

I buy clothes from ASOS and almost every ASOS model is covered in tattoos - good, bad and awful.

I am not equalling all tattoos with jail - just that guy's. He had the Ace of Spades and all manner of things on his hands that looked the sort of jailbird tattoos. I'm not denying he's a successful businessman and I'm not denying the artistry involved in some tattoos is nothing short of amazing. However artistic or not, they're viewed as common and vulgar by the upper echelons of society - and arguably rightly so. That's not to say people don't or shouldn't have freedom of choice to do whatsoever they wish with their own bodies. If someone has a tattoo it doesn't do me the least harm - I just don't like them. Sorry! Just as people exercise the right to have them, I exercise my right NOT to have them.

I buy clothes from ASOS and almost every ASOS model is covered in tattoos - good, bad and awful.

Why always the perjoratives? Let's not be so quick to judge the book by the cover.

Essentially you've managed to equate tattoos on women to being a tramp, and on men (and presumably women) as being jailbird, common, vulgar and looked down on by the upper echelons...

You don't like them, that's fair enough. But can you not express your dislike without being so negative?

Latest posts

Back