Mally TSV 18/1/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love her eyeshadow pencil sticks. I have one in Chestnut that I am eeking out, think it was from an old tsv! Hope it includes something like this. I never use pallettes, never have.

My guess it will be more of a make-up base (perhaps foundation and primer) as it would surely be just too repetitive to do another eye shadow centred TSV? Hope so as wouldn't mind trying Mally foundation as I'm finding my BE is no longer enough to cover my high colour.

My guess it will be more of a make-up base (perhaps foundation and primer) as it would surely be just too repetitive to do another eye shadow centred TSV? Hope so as wouldn't mind trying Mally foundation as I'm finding my BE is no longer enough to cover my high colour.

Dips even though I love Mally foundations, I really would not reccommend them for good coverage if that is what you need. I have tried a few of Mally's foundations and I am keen to hear what other Mally fans feel but my opinion is:

1.The glowing one from the last try me (powde-type)- awful. So light and sheer not only do you not know you are wearing foundation-it does not cover anything.

2. Ultimate Performance (liquid)- probably my favourite as it gives a lovely dewy glow but only if you have good skin to start with.

3. Ultimate Performance professional (compact solid cream style)- better coverage version of the liquid. The shades are a bit dodgy though. Light is much paler than you would expect.

4. Age rebel- love this one, a really good finish on the skin in a cream format. Still not brilliant for coverage, IMO best if your skin is not in need of coverage.

There is another Mally one but I have not tried it. I think if it's coverage you want then BE would be best.

Have you tried the BE neutralising primer? It seems good and might solve problems without having to go for heavier coverage.

Have you tried the BE neutralising primer? It seems good and might solve problems without having to go for heavier coverage.

Yes I agree, that the neutralising primer is excellent, i am a big fan, it is very good and I find it quite calming on my sensitive skin, it is great for hiding blotchy skin like mine can be sometimes, hope Q do it again as a BPOTM x

I hope it has a brow product and eyesticks. I stupidly left my make up bag in the living room. My children suddenly went quiet in there when my back was temporarily turned. Result? Massive dollop of Mally primer smothered all over 2 year old daughters face. One gunmetal shadow stick snapped in half. One Dusk shadow stick with a centimeter snapped off. My brow pen ruined beyond all repair. It was carnage. I asked son if she had eaten any. He sheepishly nodded. red rash on daughters cheek as she clearly has sensitive skin like me. Every one of my brand new box of Mally shadow sticks was ransacked, but thankfully still intact. A wash and a touch of anti histamine cream and big drink of water later and my daughter is fine. Naughty girl (she knows it). And stupid stupid mummy for forgetting I had left my bag there. I was surprisingly upset because I always look after my make up.It was like my family heirloom had been stolen. Made me realise how much I love both my daughter and my make up bag!! A whole room full of toys and she made a beeline for the make up bag she knew she has to not touch...

I'm not too keen on BE primers, tbh, Vampyre. I'm currently using Mally primer all over layered with Smashbox green over my ruddy cheeks. To get greater coverage, I'm now using a Laura Mercer sold mineral foundation which is slightly too light for me (unheard of, as I always needed the fairest, lightest foundation in any range and even them most are too dark for me) ans warming that up by going over it with my BM fair.

I've never previously wanted a fuller coverage foundation, as I actually have very good skin but my high colour nowadays means you're blinded to my good skin by my Belisha Beacon cheeks!

And, thanks Ian, I await your heads-up with eager anticipation.

You could try layering a few different light products to cover a high redness without making your face a cakefest. A red/lilac/yellow toned primer, a thin liquid foundation, a powder foundation like BE, LG or Mac studio fix, then a light dusting of a yellowy powder on the red areas. On very pale skin I would mix yellow powder with a translucent one so it doesn't stand out too much or make you look jaundiced. The YBF one's pretty good, or Ben Nye banana powder if you prefer it to be loose. You could also try a colour correcting palette from one of the brands aimed at make-up artists working on actors, like Kett or Make Up For Ever. They're essentially concealers in colours like green, red, pink, orange, blue and lilac, but in a more fluid texture to mesh well with bigger areas of your skin. Sounds a bit weird but good ones do blend in very naturally. I use a pinky shade to cover acne marks cos I just cannot get on with normal concealer. Whatever kind I use it just cracks up on my skin and looks flaky and awful. Anyway, hope this is of some help.

I'm not too keen on BE primers, tbh, Vampyre. I'm currently using Mally primer all over layered with Smashbox green over my ruddy cheeks. To get greater coverage, I'm now using a Laura Mercer sold mineral foundation which is slightly too light for me (unheard of, as I always needed the fairest, lightest foundation in any range and even them most are too dark for me) ans warming that up by going over it with my BM fair.

I've never previously wanted a fuller coverage foundation, as I actually have very good skin but my high colour nowadays means you're blinded to my good skin by my Belisha Beacon cheeks!

And, thanks Ian, I await your heads-up with eager anticipation.

Dips, I'm pale with ruddy cheeks, and in the past have tried Smashbox green primer but didn't find it very effective, always felt the green hue showed through! If you like using mineral makeup, you could try Lily Lolo Blush Away http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/sp+mineral-corrector+006

I have mild roseaca and redness on my cheek area. The colour correcting primers did nothing, like Spartacus I felt they did nothing but leave a green tint on my face.

A make up artist advised concealer to me, but you find a match to your foundation and spot apply only where redness occurs on the cheek area over your foundation. Because it matches your foundation it should blend in and you do not have to cake your face all over. Up until then I thought you applied concealer under the foundation. Oh and you do not need a totally blank canvas your skin should show through, you are not going to have people pointing at you in the street for a little redness showing. Seems we are now so brainwashed by airbrushing in magazines and ads we think we must look like that.

I agree Donna. I always think I look odd if someone does a makeover on me and they use a foundation that covers everything. A few blemishes are natural!

Latest posts

Back