My returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And someone else shouts, ā€œItā€™s ok, that Andi woman has just ordered that very item so we can bung it off to her, the mug!ā€
Let's hope Strato never finds his vulva then (with reference to the SexTalk thread) :ROFLMAO:

Wear whatever you want and like. Do not have someone tell you what to wear.

I'm old enough and ugly enough now to avoid fast fashion and just stick to what suits me.

I will add a pair of small shoulder pads I've had since the 80s in some things as I'm more hourglass than pear but still look better when my shoulders and hips are balanced.

I've flat out refused to wear short skirts/shorts with bare legs since my early teens when men would leer at me. There was also the unfortunate incident of sitting on a piece of chewing gum on a bus seat. I've not been right since!

It was the CHEAPEST I could find online on that day, and had the bonus USB C high power charger (I did not have one already) and I needed a new phone.

And I KNEW I could actually use it for 60 days and then return it..

It cost me nothing to try it and then return it, couldn't do that anywhere else.

The MBG is the reason I buy from QVC. If I know I definitely want an item and it's cheaper than anywhere else I'll also buy there.

I stick to Lakeland for kitchen electricals and Aldi/Lidl for stuff like heated throws as they're cheaper but still have a good warranty on items that probably will need it.

I've stuck with Apple since 2012 as I find the iPhone/Macbook easier to use than Google or Windows stuff. Which seems odd considering I'll use Google apps on the Apple stuff. Upgrading our iPhones/iPads/Macbooks is a doddle with the added bonus that they last really well. Mr AE has kept his MacBook going since 2012 with just a little help from YouTube (basic cleaning, wiping it and reloading from iCloud backups.

Though before we went the Apple route we did have a Dell (bought a refurb direct from them in 2001) that's still creaking along so that was good. Unlike the Dell we bought to replace it in 2010 that died 3 days after the warranty ended. To add insult to injury, owners of that particular Dell model in the USA were compensated as they knew it had a major fault.

As an aside, someone in my "estate giveaway group" (Freebie Friday) is giving away an UNUSED GUCCI bag!!

I believe these are not sold in the pound shops.

FREEBIE Gucci bag Vanessa Marshall  fefef.jpg

I've been browsing the Gucci site, I can't find the exact bag, but similar ones are around Ā£2000.

If you want a new leather strap, they are a mere Ā£310 each, so you would need a pair.

There are some expensive items given away every Friday. The estate has very mixed housing, ranging from 1 bed starter homes to multi-million pound mansions (all individually designed for the original owners). I've been in that area today, one had 2 upmarket sports cars in their drive, including a Lamborghini, plus all their other family cars like Range Rovers.

I've been browsing the Gucci site, I can't find the exact bag, but similar ones are around Ā£2000.

If you want a new leather strap, they are a mere Ā£310 each, so you would need a pair.

There are some expensive items given away every Friday. The estate has very mixed housing, ranging from 1 bed starter homes to multi-million pound mansions (all individually designed for the original owners). I've been in that area today, one had 2 upmarket sports cars in their drive, including a Lamborghini, plus all their other family cars like Range Rovers.
Sorry to disappoint but I don't think that bag is genuine, the pattern is wrong.

Sorry to disappoint but I don't think that bag is genuine, the pattern is wrong.
I was about to get in the car and drive down to Stratoā€™s to pick the bag up but sadly, I think youā€™re right. I donā€™t think Gucci bags ever have little flowers with heart-shaped petals in the fabric design do they? Is it not always interlocking Gā€™s where the dotted lines meet? I do have a Gucci bag but itā€™s plain brown leather (bought in a sale, obviously!)

I was about to get in the car and drive down to Stratoā€™s to pick the bag up but sadly, I think youā€™re right. I donā€™t think Gucci bags ever have little flowers with heart-shaped petals in the fabric design do they? Is it not always interlocking Gā€™s where the dotted lines meet? I do have a Gucci bag but itā€™s plain brown leather (bought in a sale, obviously!)
Yes that's why I don't think this is real.

I didn't think it looked real and I too had a search and cannot find any Gucci product with that design in any way shape or form, but I wouldn't expect to pick up a genuine designer bag for nothing. I know there are filthy rich people out there but I can't see anyone giving away a bonafide Gucci bag unless it was to a friend or family member. I quite like the designs of some of these high end bags and luggage but other companies such as River Island do pretty smart looking bags and luggage in that style for an absolute fraction of the price so I'd rather go for something like that. I remember somebody at work who used to source fake LV/Gucci/MK bags and purses and I couldn't see the point. Surely having a prestige product that you've saved up for, have been lucky enough to be gifted, or can afford must be a lovely feeling and you'd have something you want to savour and look after, not something you're gonna throw a few tins of beans in on your next trip to Sainsburys or squash in your work locker. I've seen kids round my way using Michael Kors bags as school bags! They'd look a lot more classy with an (overpriced but affordable) brand like Kipling, North Face or Fjallraven. Of course these brands can be faked too but I'd believe that a lot more than seeing a scruffy looking kid carrying Gucci!

I've decided to return my string lights - - -

I am being much more ruthless now, I'm fed up with items "not as described" including some that I did not return in the past.

If you look at the end of the presentaion, Tom gives a list of all the virtues, then the QVC woman (don't know her name) chips in "AND it's waterproof".

Tom then says "It's IP44 waterproof rated, you can get that denched, that's also waterproof [the camera is no longer showing them but the "also" must refer to the round base unit] the whole thing is IP44, inside, outside, wherever you want to use it"

And as soon as I read the instructions, it said "DO NOT USE IN DAMP OR WET CONDITIONS" !!!!!

I've posted more about IP44 in the thread about the item. IP44 only means that it is OK to get occasionally splashed.

This time they are sending a return label to take it to my local post office, which is by far the most convenient option for me.

I've decided to return my string lights - - -

I am being much more ruthless now, I'm fed up with items "not as described" including some that I did not return in the past.

If you look at the end of the presentaion, Tom gives a list of all the virtues, then the QVC woman (don't know her name) chips in "AND it's waterproof".

Tom then says "It's IP44 waterproof rated, you can get that denched, that's also waterproof [the camera is no longer showing them but the "also" must refer to the round base unit] the whole thing is IP44, inside, outside, wherever you want to use it"

And as soon as I read the instructions, it said "DO NOT USE IN DAMP OR WET CONDITIONS" !!!!!

I've posted more about IP44 in the thread about the item. IP44 only means that it is OK to get occasionally splashed.

This time they are sending a return label to take it to my local post office, which is by far the most convenient option for me.

It's all very well QVC sending out post-paid return labels, but all items should be accurately described in the first place. There really is no excuse for such sloppy presentation.

It's all very well QVC sending out post-paid return labels, but all items should be accurately described in the first place. There really is no excuse for such sloppy presentation.
Once again it's down to presenters (often BA's) not knowing their product: this is a big moan of mine when they do this - it's the same thing with women's fashion items when they haven't got a clue which colour description goes with which item. I have to say that most of the female presenters were guilty of this at some time or another when there were different shades of the same colour. But you'd still hear 'it's Bermuda Blue, no it's not, it's Vomit Green, no it's not it's Putrid Pink..' They would stand there dithering away like half-wits, not having a clue. There is no excuse for the presenter not being prepared - I'm not buying something from someone who hasn't got a clue what they are actually selling and can't be ar$$d to find out before coming on-air.

Iā€™ve got so cheesed off with them regarding sizing. The number of times weā€™re told to go online for this information. When you do itā€™s not specified on their website or app.

Biggest gripe is with jewellery. I wanted to buy a pair of Diamonique huggie earrings and there were four pairs I liked. Not one had the size on. Had to ask the question individually for each pair. QVC were quite quick replying but why canā€™t they put just put it on there in the first place. Oh for the days of the QVC ruler.

Can always remember in the fashion hours, the garments being laid out on a large table and being measured as well as being shown on the professional models. No brand ambassadors in those days, just knowledgeable presenters.

Iā€™ve got so cheesed off with them regarding sizing. The number of times weā€™re told to go online for this information. When you do itā€™s not specified on their website or app.

Biggest gripe is with jewellery. I wanted to buy a pair of Diamonique huggie earrings and there were four pairs I liked. Not one had the size on. Had to ask the question individually for each pair. QVC were quite quick replying but why canā€™t they put just put it on there in the first place. Oh for the days of the QVC ruler.

Can always remember in the fashion hours, the garments being laid out on a large table and being measured as well as being shown on the professional models. No brand ambassadors in those days, just knowledgeable presenters.
I did see someone actually using it the other day, I think it was the LnL woman who always has loose strands of hair in front of her fsce.

She said something like "People do like to know the sizes of things". OF COURSE THEY DO and it should all be on the website in the first place.

Latest posts

Back