Mally TSV 18/1/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mmm. I thought this was going to be a no brainer for me but not convinced now.
I have a mauve shadow stick of hers & it's my least favourite of the ones I own. The liner looks like it may be too light brown & warm, the lipstick too cool pink.
Not liking the sound of the brightener, yellow! And just one shade so probably too dark for me as I'm B&B Porcelain & BE Fair. The only thing I'd be interested in is the face defender. I already have several mascaras waiting to be opened. I'll watch to be sure but can't see me ordering.

Its going to be on easy pays ;)

Its going to be on easy pays ;)

I haven't watched the presentation yet but I just saw on the US Qvc site that this brightest days collection is slightly different over there. For once I think we have a better deal! I watched the video of the US collection and Mally was crying because the collection in the US donates money to breast cancer. It was a shame she could not bring this to the UK in breast cancer awareness month on qvc charity evening. Apparently her mum was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 2 and they said she only had a few months to live but she lived 15 years! And her mum said she was living for Mally wanting to see her grow up. One of the things her mum also always said was "your brightest days are ahead"

The lipstick is quite bright because it is a pop of pink being the breast cancer awareness colour & to brighten yourself up in the morning! It is named after her Mum, Pilar & her daughter who she named Pilar in memory of her mum.

It is great to have the poreless primer in it as that is £35 by itself! That hasn't been in a tsv for the past few years! Only once ages ago. The brightener is the same as was in the click pen & it will look yellow on pale skin. No good for me. If I get I will be ebaying that & the brow fix.

I get so tired if hearing "these shades suit any skin tone and hair colour"
Well you know what QVC, I can absolutely guarantee you that they don't, because I've porcelain skin and black hair and anything 'brown/taupe/neutral' on my eyes and lips makes me look like I've been in a fight or death warmed up.

Just watched the presentation. Fancy trying the face defender. Have plenty of mascara, eye sticks. Already have the eyebrow stick from a previous Tsv and don't really use concealer. DD would probably like the lipstick! Not sure now!

I've never tried Mally as I've never really fancied any of the products to be honest, apart from those eyeshadow sticky things, that look quite intriguing. Are they any good?

Nice to see a lipstick rather than a gloss, shame it's the sort of pink that looks carp on me.

amn the sticks are brilliant. Taupe is my favourite by far, then Gunmetal then Dusk. However I don't like those that are too shimmery such as champagne or shimmering lilac. They last all day and are very quick and easy. They also last a long time even with daily use so are value for money.

I can also personally reccommend the face defender, eyeliner, mascara and the brow fix in this TSV so for me its a bargain way of buying the products in my make up bag and used daily.

Although not in the TSV I also reccommend the ultimate performance foundation and Mally blushers as again, they are matte/dewy and not at all shimmery. The shade called "lighter" is the perfect shade of blush for me and I have stocked up on tubes of cream blush in this shade on ebay as Q dont stock it any more. The "lighter"shade is available in powdee blush format too (the one with the cream highlighter) and I like this as well.

Just watched the presentation. Fancy trying the face defender. Have plenty of mascara, eye sticks. Already have the eyebrow stick from a previous Tsv and don't really use concealer. DD would probably like the lipstick! Not sure now!

There isn't a concealer in the kit it is a brightener.

Me too - I fancy trying the face defender - people always rave about that when talking about Mally's products. That & the shadow sticks (which I also love) and the mascara. The shadow sticks are my favourite product of hers, they last so long and lovely colours. I use the taupe a lot. Purple wouldn't be my first choice but it can look pretty done well. It's better that it is a light lilac rather than a deeper shade I think. I would think less would probably be best if you plan on wearing it with the Pilar pink lipstick! Go for a bold eye OR lip but not both! :)

Last edited:
I'm in - I need a new brow pencil (my old one was by Autograph, but is now discontinued), I always use the Mascara as a base before using a YSL colour, and I want to try the finisher thingy. Not sure how the brightener will work on my very fair skin but will give it a try. Think the lipstick looks a bit too bright for me, but I do have a friend that likes bright lipsticks so this could head her way.

Not sure how the brightener will work on my very fair skin but will give it a try.

I've got porcelain skin and as long as you apply the brightener very sparingly the yellow doesn't show, but I have to say I may as well have not bothered using it as it made no difference! Probably because you have to apply it so sparingly if you're super pale because of the yellowness that there isn't really enough of the product on your skin to make a difference.

I am only just catching up on this and watched the video of the launch. I thought Nalintha looked awful! The lilac eyeshadow and pink lipstick really didn't suit her. I love the brow product and the eyeshadow sticks, but like Weathergirl, can't wear the shimmering or purlpley ones. I find Mally's products all a bit 'pink' for my skintone. However, I am intrigued by the face defender and could always do with a back up of the brow liner. Mind you, I never, ever reapply or faff with my make up during the day, so the face defender will probably be redundant! My make up goes on before I leave for work and stays there, untouched, until I take it off. Hmm, maybe it's a no from me!

I've got porcelain skin and as long as you apply the brightener very sparingly the yellow doesn't show, but I have to say I may as well have not bothered using it as it made no difference! Probably because you have to apply it so sparingly if you're super pale because of the yellowness that there isn't really enough of the product on your skin to make a difference.

I found the exact same thing with the brightener when I used it when I got it in click pen form in a tsv. You only need the tiniest amount on the tip of your finger and the middle finger is best to use around the under eye area and pat it on. The index finger applies too much pressure as the skin is very thin and delicate under and around the eye and can stretch the skin. However, the product didn't really show up and if I used more it just looked a bit weird and better without it.

I am only just catching up on this and watched the video of the launch. I thought Nalintha looked awful! The lilac eyeshadow and pink lipstick really didn't suit her. I love the brow product and the eyeshadow sticks, but like Weathergirl, can't wear the shimmering or purlpley ones. I find Mally's products all a bit 'pink' for my skintone. However, I am intrigued by the face defender and could always do with a back up of the brow liner. Mind you, I never, ever reapply or faff with my make up during the day, so the face defender will probably be redundant! My make up goes on before I leave for work and stays there, untouched, until I take it off. Hmm, maybe it's a no from me!

Wow, I wish mine would do that. My skin's very oily so I have to blot and powder at least 15 times a day. My eyeliner also pools a bit in the inner corners of the eyes, no matter how I apply it or which format or brand I use, so I have to swipe it away with a cotton bud. Shadow sometimes creases if it's hot or I'm dashing about, concealer cracks up over my chin if I don't blot regularly... If I left it alone all day I dread to think what I'd look like. Sometimes I just don't bother with make-up these days, it's so high maintenance.

It`s a no from me. I don`t wear makeup everyday and when I do I either slap on a bit of BB cream or some JW magic makeup, a touch of Mally eyestick and mascara and a slather of lip gloss. I don`t wear eye liner and don`t use face powder or anything with heavy coverage. It`s 2 minutes to do my makeup and as I`ve grown older I`ve found that less is very much more,plus my eyesight is pretty poor when doing anything close up and trying to do eye liner without my specs is a nightmare.
So the TSv would be wasted on me, I love Mally eyesticks but already have a full set, I love her mascara but already have some stashed, I don`t like the colour of the lipstick, wouldn`t use the under eye cream and I`d maybe try the face defender but it might be a hit or a miss item. I`ll save my money and wait for the next tsv.

Wow, I wish mine would do that. My skin's very oily so I have to blot and powder at least 15 times a day. My eyeliner also pools a bit in the inner corners of the eyes, no matter how I apply it or which format or brand I use, so I have to swipe it away with a cotton bud. Shadow sometimes creases if it's hot or I'm dashing about, concealer cracks up over my chin if I don't blot regularly... If I left it alone all day I dread to think what I'd look like. Sometimes I just don't bother with make-up these days, it's so high maintenance.
I had skin like that when I was younger and never bothered with makeup. I often blotted without any makeup. My skin is a lot dried now and I can wear makeup but I actually like my skin tone with its slightly pink cheeks! I've had eyeliner tattooed onto my eyes top and bottom and don't need to wear eyeliner but it is quite a brave thing to do and I'm not sure i'll be doing it again when it fades.

Have taken the plunge. I do like most of her stuff. Rave reviews for the face defender so will see. If it works on my combi skin will be happy although just trying out the Aldi face primer. Impressed! Might do half Aldi and half mally at the week end to see how they compare!

I had skin like that when I was younger and never bothered with makeup. I often blotted without any makeup. My skin is a lot dried now and I can wear makeup but I actually like my skin tone with its slightly pink cheeks! I've had eyeliner tattooed onto my eyes top and bottom and don't need to wear eyeliner but it is quite a brave thing to do and I'm not sure i'll be doing it again when it fades.

I'm hoping my skin will dry out too! It's a little less oily than in my teens (I'm 29 now,) there's definitely a marked difference since then. It's still pretty bad but it was crazy from about 15-25.
What's it like having liner tattoed, does it hurt much? I'd like to try it cos my eyes look kinda piggy without mascara or liner.

My skin only dried out after roccaccutane treatment around the age of 40 but I think modern makeup and primers are better now.
The eyeliner tattooing did stress me out and whilst it does not hurt, it is an unpleasant experience but I do like the results a lot. I rub my eyes but now the makeup does not rub off. I went for very thin lines as I did not want it to look dated if fashions changed. It lasts 2 to 5 years before it fades. Mine was done a year ago and still looks quite dark.

Latest posts

Back