Yankee Candles TSV 15/5/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks SCW, I might be tempted to buy this for my kitchen depending on the price. The only thing putting me off is that it doesn't look like it has a removable dish which makes removing the melts when finished much easier.

Thanks SCW, I might be tempted to buy this for my kitchen depending on the price. The only thing putting me off is that it doesn't look like it has a removable dish which makes removing the melts when finished much easier.

it be around the price of under £36 delivered as a tsv but of course it dont have a removeable dish as that wouldnt look quite right on this teapot design if it did

Phew don't like it , Way to old fashioned looking IMO, I think Yc should be bringing out more modern designs , its not like there ever going to appear on Antiques Road show is it :S, Yes its different but not in a good way IMO. I think not having a removable dish is just dangerous , makes it near impossible to get the wax out without burning yourself or spilling wax everywhere. The design of the tea pot could have easily had a removable dish ,there just cutting costs by not having one.

I reckon £34 plus £5.95 P&P as they know people have ben waiting for electric tart warmers for along while

I don't like the tea pot either. I won't be getting this TSV. Although I do like the melts.

YC have gone a tea pot design in a melt warmer for Christmas before and that was pretty. I was expecting to see something like that.

Phew don't like it , Way to old fashioned looking IMO, I think Yc should be bringing out more modern designs , its like there ever going to appear on Antiques Road show is it :S, Yes its different but not in a good way IMO. I think not having a removable dish is just dangerous , makes it near impossible to get the wax out without burning yourself or spilling wax everywhere. The design of the tea pot could have easily had a removable dish there just cutting costs by not having one.

I reckon £34 plus £5.95 P&P as they know people have ben waiting for electric tart warmers for along while

I agree autumn, I thought it could have had a drop in dish too, but as you said it's probably down to costs to do that. I don't use the original tart warmer with non-removable dish that I bought some time ago because it's too much faff to clean it out. The style of the teapot would have looked OK in my kitchen as it isn't a modern style, but decision made I think as the design isn't very practical.

That's awful, and terribly old fashioned. What a relief, my money's safe.

I agree. Not to my taste at all. I actually love vintage stuff, but this doesn't look like that - it just looks a bit naff!

Interesting to see the new tarts (melts). Is this the end of the round one then? Or something different?

I was up for yet another electric warmer but not this which I think I saw on another site and did not fancy. I agree that with electric warmers you really do need a removable dish, and I remember Rosa getting this as a phone question on air and saying yes, all their new electric ones did have that! Well not so now. YC US sell lots of electric ones which do not make it over here, which is a shame, but I have seen a few more advertised on sites like Y doodle or Direct (can't remember which) including a former TSV style but currently out of stock.

I did get one from Rhys Candles, as linked by Autumn, and it was very nice and came very quickly. I had some of those dishes from the set of three cradle style YC warmers which I no longer use and they do fit the Rhys Candles one, yippee!

I was in a Yankee store in Raleigh, North Carolina just before Christmas and I noticed they had both. They refer to the new ones as jar wax melts, and the originals still as tart wax melts. The jar kind were a little more expensive, and are apparently blended differently so they're easier to remove from the warmer - a higher oil content or something, but don't quote me on that.

I've generally been a fan of wax tarts but lately I'm finding them a bit blow-your-socks-off strong. I also wish Yankee would invest in new packaging that made them easier to open, instead of having to stab at the the plastic while holding it over the kitchen sink to stop the wax crumbs going everywhere...

I am a huge Yankee Candle addict but I think this tart warmer is horrible. It looks cheap and gimmicky. I won't be buying.

Having read the posts since mine I will have to accept that I have no taste, do I need some advice from Kelly Hoppen?
Smilie_512

How come my smilie didn't show up correctly someone pretty please? Now I'm a dork as well!

I don't mind the ones with no removeable dish I don't have any problems getting the tart/melts out as I wait for them to go cold and then clip a knife underneath and they come out with no problems but, the design of this one is not very nice and the part you put the wax seems very deep so mighy have trouble getting bteh wax out.

I think given the design it could easily have had a removeable dish.

I've never understood the removable dish issue really either. Although it's useful if you want to pop it in the freezer, I've never had a tart that when cold, won't pop out with a dinner knife either.

Interesting about the new melts. Seems strange to have two sorts on the go - wonder if they will eventually phase the round ones out?

I have had terrible trouble! Using a knife on one glass warmer I managed to smash it, idiot me, and it was brand new too.

I was in a Yankee store in Raleigh, North Carolina just before Christmas and I noticed they had both. They refer to the new ones as jar wax melts, and the originals still as tart wax melts. The jar kind were a little more expensive, and are apparently blended differently so they're easier to remove from the warmer - a higher oil content or something, but don't quote me on that.

I've generally been a fan of wax tarts but lately I'm finding them a bit blow-your-socks-off strong. I also wish Yankee would invest in new packaging that made them easier to open, instead of having to stab at the the plastic while holding it over the kitchen sink to stop the wax crumbs going everywhere...
I agree with you regards opening, I did have one on re where I pulled the tab on the label and it took the plastic with it which was good but never happened again
With regards to removing I now turn it on for a few seconds and when it starts to move I turn the warmer upside down and it pops out
I too really don't like this one, ok for tea pot collectors I suppose

Latest posts

Back