Yankee Candles TSV 04/07/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would like a nice melt burner and a huge wodge of tarts of all the new scents to go with it. No bags or unnecessary items.

CC

Does anyone have an inkling of what the TSV might be next Monday? Someone on here usually gets a bit of a hint by now ....? Purely academic interest on my part, of course!

no idea. no info on here or on the other two sites i check. very odd!!!!
although there's yankee sales everywhere so have to be good for me to buy.

Does anyone have an inkling of what the TSV might be next Monday? Someone on here usually gets a bit of a hint by now ....? Purely academic interest on my part, of course!

It is new release day on July 1st so I am thinking it will be those in a votives and tea light selection.

:mysmilie_59:

I would love some melt cups for my scenterpiece, but I can't see that happening.

I would love some melt cups for my scenterpiece, but I can't see that happening.

Ella you can melt a whole votive in an empty melt cup. It melts down to exactly the same size as the (more expensive) melt cups. Just fish out the wick with tweezers once molten. This gives a better throw than you get with burning a votive and they easily pop out after a few minutes in the freezer. The variety of votive fragrances available is huge compared with the very limited range of melt cups available in the UK. And the votives double up for their intended purpose too, in fancy little holders around the home :)

I have an electric warmer and I had a Yankee candle that burned very unevenly. I took the label off and warmed the jar slightly in the microwave then hacked the wax into chunks. I have been using the chunks in the electric burner. I wonder though if releasing the paraffin wax fumes into the room by heating it instead of burning it might be dangerous?

Might get this if a scenterpiece unit or large jars.

I would love a scenterpiece, I've been waiting for ages for it to come back in to stock. One's on waitlist (didn't fancy the owl one) and the other has been taken off the website altogether. I think Stephen said lots of people had been asking him about it and that they'd be back in August. Q obviously underestimated the demand.

I would love a scenterpiece, I've been waiting for ages for it to come back in to stock. One's on waitlist (didn't fancy the owl one) and the other has been taken off the website altogether. I think Stephen said lots of people had been asking him about it and that they'd be back in August. Q obviously underestimated the demand.

They may be available online on yankee candle websites or other yankee outlets and the prices are competitive with Q as you can choose the model you want (some that Q don't sell) and often there is a deal on the melts too. You get to choose the scents rather than have them chosen for you.

They may be available online on yankee candle websites or other yankee outlets and the prices are competitive with Q as you can choose the model you want (some that Q don't sell) and often there is a deal on the melts too. You get to choose the scents rather than have them chosen for you.

I agree, I think some people don't realise there's life outside of QVC, and it's a much cheaper one. Yankeeco.uk have got a sale going on. http://www.yankee.co.uk/yankee-candle-sale p&p only £3.95 over £10.

Just adding Yankee Direct and a few other sites have got sales on at the mo.

Last edited:
Yes Scenterpieces are widely available in many different designs to the one or two offered on QVC.

I got mine from Yankee's official website, even they had an offer on where you could buy a scenterpiece and get a melt cup of your choice for free, plus free delivery.

I'm not in the market for a Scenterpeice but they have a selection on the Clintons website - about 20 different melts and 5 warmers. If you are shopping with them for the first time, when you visit the site, you may well get a pop-up box inviting you to sign up for the newsletter and get 20% off your first order. Well, I did today. P&P is £3.49.

I cannot speak re scentrepieces, but as well as Y.co.uk. Y direct and Y doodle, I have had very good service and prices from both Rhys Candles and Temptation gifts. They may also be worth a look if Q hasn't got your choice in stock.

:mysmilie_59:

Yankee Candle 39 Piece Hamper
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.705910

View attachment 11739

View attachment 11740

View attachment 11741

View attachment 11742

View attachment 11743

2 x Sunset Breeze Votives
2 x My Serenity Votives
2 x Passion Fruit Martini Votives
2 x Moonlight Votives
2 x Flowers In The Sun Votives
2 x Dreamy Summer Nights Votives

1 box of 12 Flowers in The Sun Tealights
1 box of 12 Passion Fruit Martini Tealights

2 x Purple Holders

1 x Basket/Hamper

Thanks so much for all the links and useful info everyone. :mysmilie_504:

The only reason I was holding out for Q on this occasion was because I thought it'd be handy to have the option of returning it used, if I didn't like it for whatever reason. How have others who have got scenterpieces found them please?

Q only seem to offer really good value on the large jars with Yankee, although I bought the last TSV and have really enjoyed using it. This one is also quite tempting, as I'd like to try the new fragrances and could use the votives with my lamp. Will do what I always do, work out what it's all worth when we know how much it is, and then decide. :)

Latest posts

Back