LIz Earle TSV 07/07/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Over the years I've used Elemis, Liz Earle, Decleor, Perricone, that La Mer (sp?) cream etc and never had a complement about my skin.

Couple of months ago I started using Superdrug B Age Define, day, night and eye creams, plus two different serums for around £30 and I've had so many complements from family, friends and even customers in the shop where I work that I look well, asking if I've been on holiday and that I look early 50's not mid 60's etc when in reality I've been working 50+ hours a week and I'm knackered!

Over the years I've used Elemis, Liz Earle, Decleor, Perricone, that La Mer (sp?) cream etc and never had a complement about my skin.

Couple of months ago I started using Superdrug B Age Define, day, night and eye creams, plus two different serums for around £30 and I've had so many complements from family, friends and even customers in the shop where I work that I look well, asking if I've been on holiday and that I look early 50's not mid 60's etc when in reality I've been working 50+ hours a week and I'm knackered!
Love a 'real' recommendation. Thank you x

I was in Boots on Saturday, long queues at the self serve tills, so I asked the girl on the No7 counter to serve me.
She said it was £7 Saturday....eye creams were £7 each instead of the usual price.
She recommended the Restore & Renew one to me, usual price £22.95.
I haven't used No7 in years, but thought I would give it a try for only £7.
Anyway, it's lovely, 15 ml tube and it's very light and unscented. I'm so surprised, and now glad I went to her till :)

I was in Boots on Saturday, long queues at the self serve tills, so I asked the girl on the No7 counter to serve me.
She said it was £7 Saturday....eye creams were £7 each instead of the usual price.
She recommended the Restore & Renew one to me, usual price £22.95.
I haven't used No7 in years, but thought I would give it a try for only £7.
Anyway, it's lovely, 15 ml tube and it's very light and unscented. I'm so surprised, and now glad I went to her till :)
I didn’t know they did £7 Saturday…. I know they do £10 Tuesday, which often features LE…
It’s always good to try new things and at that price you can’t go wrong

I bought Superdrug’s Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser. 200ml for £5.99 and it kicks LE C&P out of the park - my skin is glowing. Smooth and fine lines are much better. Big bonus is that the Sunday Riley products are working now at top notch.

I have complained for a long time about C&P that it had changed. I think I now have my proof.

Even better is that I am now going to save a wad of money not buying the inferior LE C&P!

I bought Superdrug’s Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser. 200ml for £5.99 and it kicks LE C&P out of the park - my skin is glowing. Smooth and fine lines are much better. Big bonus is that the Sunday Riley products are working now at top notch.

I have complained for a long time about C&P that it had changed. I think I now have my proof.

Even better is that I am now going to save a wad of money not buying the inferior LE C&P!
Quite agree with you as I use the Superdrug one. I’ve never got on with C&P, used to be so thick it dragged my poor skin and made it sore and blotchy. Did get a free sample from Boots recently, not so thick but still made my skin sore and dry. I reckon you can get at least 4 Superdrug ones for the same price as 1 LE. I don’t use the muslin cloths but Erase my Face cloths. These can be washed and reused for ages as opposed to the muslins that deteriorate after a few washes.

Quite agree with you as I use the Superdrug one. I’ve never got on with C&P, used to be so thick it dragged my poor skin and made it sore and blotchy. Did get a free sample from Boots recently, not so thick but still made my skin sore and dry. I reckon you can get at least 4 Superdrug ones for the same price as 1 LE. I don’t use the muslin cloths but Erase my Face cloths. These can be washed and reused for ages as opposed to the muslins that deteriorate after a few washes.

There is a Superdrug Nourishing one as well. That came out in top slot in a magazine test and beat LE C&P to second place (maybe Woman & Home magazine) I have not tried that as of yet, but I will give it a whirl when I am about halfway through this one 😊

And…. That cleanser is often buy one get one half price…so saving even more money!
Now Aldi seem to have discontinued their hot cloth cleanser 😢I will be going back to the superdrug version.

I use the muslin cloth for dusters and throw after a few uses…
I knit my own facecloths using drops cotton light yarn. A mix of cotton and acrylic. Not soft and fluffy but gentle enough and the pattern I use gives me little ridges which exfoliates beautifully. Throw in the washing machine and line dry.

And…. That cleanser is often buy one get one half price…so saving even more money!
Now Aldi seem to have discontinued their hot cloth cleanser 😢I will be going back to the superdrug version.

I knit my own facecloths using drops cotton light yarn. A mix of cotton and acrylic. Not soft and fluffy but gentle enough and the pattern I use gives me little ridges which exfoliates beautifully. Throw in the washing machine and line dry.
Never thought of doing that. I’ll give it a try as I’ve got about 50 years worth of odd bits of yarn that’ll come in useful one day! I’m pretty sure I’ve got some of that Drops one Lesotho from crocheting a cushion.

Never thought of doing that. I’ll give it a try as I’ve got about 50 years worth of odd bits of yarn that’ll come in useful one day! I’m pretty sure I’ve got some of that Drops one Lesotho from crocheting a cushion.
And any scraps of cotton/cotton blends make lively scrappy cloths! I would never use anything else and even hubby loves his cloths

I have tons of wool put away but I've never heard of Drops. I've just had a look and it sounds great. Will have to give it a go, thanks

Honestly, predictive text is a pain. I get my Drops Yarn from Wool warehouse not Lesotho. I meant leftover

And any scraps of cotton/cotton blends make lively scrappy cloths! I would never use anything else and even hubby loves his cloths
I still cut up old knickers and nighties/pyjamas and use as floor cloths. Any cardigans and blouses if too far gone to donate to charity, buttons are cut off and into my button box. Inherited these from my parents as we weren’t well off. Haven’t unknitted old hand knitted jumpers yet and reused the wool!

I still cut up old knickers and nighties/pyjamas and use as floor cloths. Any cardigans and blouses if too far gone to donate to charity, buttons are cut off and into my button box. Inherited these from my parents as we weren’t well off. Haven’t unknitted old hand knitted jumpers yet and reused the wool!
I have in the past unravelled hand knitted jumpers, washed and re-shaped the yarn and used it again but it was never very successful. Now I get wound up having to untangle the ball of wool so I don't think I'd have the patience to unpick a completed item.

Also Aldi do a c&p. I’ve used it and it’s as good if not better than the LE one. Why they keep messing about with what stands the test of time really irritates me.
Aldi’s is being discontinued..

I have tons of wool put away but I've never heard of Drops. I've just had a look and it sounds great. Will have to give it a go, thanks
Drops is available from Wool Warehouse online. The cotton is on sale several times a year when it’s 30% off…cotton light goes to about 80p a ball! I also use drops paris for dishcloths..

Aldi’s is being discontinued..

Drops is available from Wool Warehouse online. The cotton is on sale several times a year when it’s 30% off…cotton light goes to about 80p a ball! I also use drops paris for dishcloths..
I like the Drops Lima that is a wool/alpaca mix. Lovely for hats

Also Aldi do a c&p. I’ve used it and it’s as good if not better than the LE one. Why they keep messing about with what stands the test of time really irritates me.

As Claire has pointed out Aldi’s hot cloth is being discontinued - in fact I cannot find it at all now. That’s why I bought the Superdrug one. Think the Superdrug one is much nicer though. It has a richer content. I like the scent to it as well. The Added Vitamin’s especially Vitamin E is an added bonus.

Latest posts

Back