Lyndsay ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Probably said this somewhere here, but sieve and memory come to mind, and here is as good as any place to 're-write' if it is, but there are some presenters who are disliked because they are generally annoying: voice, attitude, demeanor, pushiness, whatever and there are those, and speaking for myself, I'd include Lindsey in this part of the statement, they are not 'that bad' as people, BUT they are so unprofessional or should that be amateurish? And considering they are for the most part long-term employees they should have improved past that status, and for a company that amazingly has reached two decades operation, 'they' should have enough knowledge to sort those things out. But noooooo. OR they just don't care, which, sadly is more than likely the case.
This is a moot point about how long they've been operating. They haven't gone forwards - they've gone backwards. The 'old' presenters had their fans and detractors on here, but they were far more knowledgeable and professional in their presentations - and their appearance; there were standards maintained. You felt they'd prepared what items they were going to show and what to tell the viewers about the item.
Now, you feel like they've come on screen two minutes after arriving in the building, it's all on the hurry-up of the relentless push, push, push.

Couldn’t agree more. Particularly with pendants and earrings. Fed up trying to gauge size from presenters showing them on their hands. We need to see them in situ to know how they will look.. Jeff does often do this with pendants but the others rarely. Personally I think those see through plastic things they used to hold up to their ears gave a reasonable idea and I don’t like to buy something after it’s been in someone’s ear. Also the multiple rings and bracelets thing is VERY irritating. . Multi buy multi buy
It’s very difficult to judge the sizes even when the presenters are wearing them. Have no idea what size the presenter is, size of their fingers or their necks or earlobes. I suspect they’re all skinny binnies though.

It’s very difficult to judge the sizes even when the presenters are wearing them. Have no idea what size the presenter is, size of their fingers or their necks or earlobes. I suspect they’re all skinny binnies though.
NOT being rude, but perhaps get plus size models. You don't want to buy a ring and have it disappear on your finger coz it looked bigger on screen. I do remember some presenters saying what their ring size is though.

NOT being rude, but perhaps get plus size models. You don't want to buy a ring and have it disappear on your finger coz it looked bigger on screen. I do remember some presenters saying what their ring size is though.
Getting plus size won't help, my mum was plus size many years ago and her fingers were tiny. I was several clothes sizes smaller than her but my ring size was several sizes larger than her.

Give the girl a chance. OK...60 second clock...here we go...

Everything luxury? Tick
Everything amazing? Not only, amazing but very amazing. Wow!
Everything incredible? Yep, not kidding...

Here's the very amazing incredible luxury tigers eye carving...

Screenshot_2024-09-19-15-05-53-797.jpeg

Now, JoJo can't possibly describe that as poop, surely? 🤔😀

Everything luxury? Tick

View attachment 29796
That looks cute, but when they 'rave' over carvings: not just candle inserts, but the beloved DT's contributions, they should see this.

PS, ignore the way the link looks, it works.

Oh, apologies but the Random Word Generator has just described "this beauty, which is beautiful and not only that but an heirloom.". Crikey, a dyed bit of rock for £14.99 is an heirloom. Wild! 🤷🏻‍♂️😀
Screenshot_2024-09-19-15-20-06-648.jpeg

That looks cute, but when they 'rave' over carvings: not just candle inserts, but the beloved DT's contributions, they should see this.

PS, ignore the way the link looks, it works.
Ooh, they've got a Jade gorilla ($138) 😁. Some nice things.

Oh - last one - promise. This - a pendant, a chain and a clasp - is a "suite"...damn, she's on fire today. Very amazing! Absolutely (no, sorry, that's Jess)!

Screenshot_2024-09-19-15-39-12-676.jpeg

Oh - last one - promise. This - a pendant, a chain and a clasp - is a "suite"...damn, she's on fire today. Very amazing! Absolutely (no, sorry, that's Jess)!

View attachment 29798
A suite you say? Not that into sets, but isn't a suite a pendant, ring and bracelet (example) that have the same stone and design throughout? Not a chain, pendant and clasp. That should be sold as a necklace, not a suite. Even if they are sold separately :p

A suite you say? Not that into sets, but isn't a suite a pendant, ring and bracelet (example) that have the same stone and design throughout? Not a chain, pendant and clasp. That should be sold as a necklace, not a suite. Even if they are sold separately :p
You couldn’t make it up could you? My one suite of jewellery consists of a necklace (pendant with a chain and clasp!), a ring and a pair of earrings.

They should make a Gemporia version of “would I lie to you” or a remake of “tell the truth” a TV programme with Michael Miles.

You couldn’t make it up could you? My one suite of jewellery consists of a necklace (pendant with a chain and clasp!), a ring and a pair of earrings.

They should make a Gemporia version of “would I lie to you” or a remake of “tell the truth” a TV programme with Michael Miles.
I forgot the earrings :p Which, incidentally, I think they should change that term to 'ear jewellery', after all how many 'rings' to you see in ears? Yes, they have hoops, but most are not rings :p Don't mind me. Wandering mind ;)

Everything luxury? Tick

View attachment 29796

I wish I had a pound for every time she says "I've never seen anything quite like it before" too.

She must walk around with her eyes closed because she's impressed by some fairly ordinary everyday objects.

Latest posts

Back