What happened to my crown?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

According to the blogs.qvc, people needed to email in with their bid and the crown would go to the highest offer.

I would be interested to know where the crown now resides? Have QVC got back to strato yet with the winning bid?

I would be interested to know where the crown now resides? Have QVC got back to strato yet with the winning bid?

It's probably on a shelf in JR's downstairs cloakroom, handy for when she takes up her position on the throne!! :wink:

P.S. On the whole I do like JR's presenting, just can't be doing with all the hair-flicking, making the point of which size Joy is wearing and the constant harping on about "I'm in a small but could get away with the extra small in this style" etc., etc.!!

I admire you busylizzie for just coming out and saying what surely many must be thinking. I cannot, otherwise understand why qvc will not speak about that crown, its like it almost ceased to exist, which if its been auctioned and won then so be it, but qvc will not say how much the crown went for, the winning bid for Breast Cancer care.

I admire you busylizzie for just coming out and saying what surely many must be thinking. I cannot, otherwise understand why qvc will not speak about that crown, its like it almost ceased to exist, which if its been auctioned and won then so be it, but qvc will not say how much the crown went for, the winning bid for Breast Cancer care.

Thanks Tristar but apart from the crown being to hand in the downstairs cloakroom the same comments about JR have been mentioned many times over the years. The whole business of the bidding for the crown is all very suspicious though and I can understand the OP being both upset and angry about it all. QVC need to come clean and explain just what went on at The Towers, how much was raised for this particular item and was it "won" by an insider!

It's probably on a shelf in JR's downstairs cloakroom, handy for when she takes up her position on the throne!! :wink:

P.S. On the whole I do like JR's presenting, just can't be doing with all the hair-flicking, making the point of which size Joy is wearing and the constant harping on about "I'm in a small but could get away with the extra small in this style" etc., etc.!!
Julia today said she was wearing a size 12 on James Lakeland hour .

Back on the subject of the crown, I think QVC customers have a right to know about the crown, after all, it was a public auction for QVC members and as such they have an obligation to inform us of the winning bid, even if they choose to withhold the name of the winning bidder.

Somebody asking the same question as you Strato (qvcuk facebook page):

How much did the diamonique crown raise at the auction?

Linda Jordan I think it was a £1000 Bridget xx It was valued at over £140000!! so someone got a good deal xx

Linda Jordan Valued at 14 thousand pds 9i think i've posted 140 thousand!! x

Bridget Hill Thanks. I expected QVC to make more of a fuss about the amount it raised.

Linda Jordan I felt that too Bridget x

Christine Pierce mmmmm ???? xx

Margaret Cahill-Ankers Peeps on here have said maybe a presenter got it, maybe thats why their not shouting about it.

Angela Bradley whoever bought it , they may not wish their name made public --I did see it mentioned a couple of times during the BCC evening and would have expected it to have raised more money ,maybe they should have given longer to place bids --maybe run it all during the week of the show so that people had longer to send in bids -

Linda Jordan If it was a presenter then it should be announced especially as it went for such a low price compared to the valuation? Infact whoever bought it wether it be a presenter or a customer it should have been announced - i've probably missed the announcement so could the lovely guys in customer care please post the buyers name please xx

Angela Bradley They won`t Linda , and to be honest what difference would it make ----- I don`t know who won the Lola Rose auction or the lunch with Andrea McClean either ---- they could say Mrs Smith from Surrey and we`d be none the wiser !

Jennie Dennison QVC did mention on the BCC night that the auction was running and ending that evening... it's a great shame that it didn't make more money for BCC considering it's value but the opportunity (perhaps not as well publicised as it could have been) was there for those who wanted to bid for it. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter to me who won it... £'s for BCC will be the same regardless of who they come from. xx

Diane Adams Has been said Julia Roberts won it. Wouldn't be surprised as she was holding it on her head at the end of bcc show.That's more than likely why no one seems to know who won it and if it was her knew how annoyed a lot of people would be if they knew it was her.

if u didnt bid on it u cant really complain, the main thing was the money raised for BCC , and if someone wants to remaiin anonymous they have every right to least they have raised £1000 for BCC which was the main point of the night

I only want to know who won it if it was a member of QVC's staff. That should not have been allowed, as they were privy to the bids and could just put one in at the very last minute (called SNIPING on Ebay).

if u didnt bid on it u cant really complain, the main thing was the money raised for BCC , and if someone wants to remaiin anonymous they have every right to least they have raised £1000 for BCC which was the main point of the night

I object to the lack of publicity about how to bid etc. Nothing on the website, and every time I looked at the TV I heard nothing there either. Apparently it was on "community" or something I'd never heard of. It should have been hyped up ALL WEEK on TV and the website.

Anyway, QVC have confirmed to me personally that it was sold for only £1000, so BCC could potentially have had about £10,000 more than that.

Unless we can find out whether it was sold to an insider, I don't think there is much left for me to say.

Last edited:
I've been ploughing thro some of the presenter blogs, and so far I have only seen one person ask about the Crown, and that was to Dale Franklin, who hasn't given a reply..... yet.

Regardless of how much money it raised, or went for, the very fact that IF A PRESENTER has taken delivery of it, should never have arisen ! In most rules of competitions, there is a caveat that any employer or relation of whoever is running the competition cannot take part. So, IF a presenter, and I dont care which one, has it, then the whole thing STINKS, - even if the highest bid was £500 they should be duty bound to take that bid AND make it public as to how much it went for at the end of the auction.

I've been ploughing thro some of the presenter blogs, and so far I have only seen one person ask about the Crown, and that was to Dale Franklin, who hasn't given a reply..... yet.

Regardless of how much money it raised, or went for, the very fact that IF A PRESENTER has taken delivery of it, should never have arisen ! In most rules of competitions, there is a caveat that any employer or relation of whoever is running the competition cannot take part. So, IF a presenter, and I dont care which one, has it, then the whole thing STINKS, - even if the highest bid was £500 they should be duty bound to take that bid AND make it public as to how much it went for at the end of the auction.

So lets say the next bid was only £800 compared to the £1000 of the "presenter", its for charity why would QVC take £200 less when its all going to a gd cause ? Highest bidder wins. And for the record nobody nos it was a presenter who won it , just coz one was wearing it at the end of the show doesnt mean she won it :S

So lets say the next bid was only £800 compared to the £1000 of the "presenter", its for charity why would QVC take £200 less when its all going to a gd cause ? Highest bidder wins. And for the record nobody nos it was a presenter who won it , just coz one was wearing it at the end of the show doesnt mean she won it :S

The big question here is why they didn't encourage the general public to bid more to maximise money for a good cause. And QVC could put the whole thing to bed by simply assuring us that a member of staff wasn't the winning bidder!

Latest posts

Back