My returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I don’t get anything like that at all - ever! Had a couple of small bits from Emma Bridgewater when things have gone wrong - they sent me a seconds jug when it should have been a perfect and I got a refund and told to keep item. Other than that nothing really of note 😕

Anyway - the reason why I am back in here is because I have had a refund back on the items I sent back to QVC last week and to announce to you all that I have pretty much ‘pulled up the drawbridge’ on buying from QVC.

I may buy the L’Occitane TSV at Christmas as they are pretty good value, other than that it’s cherrio

No value, not much in the way of choice and the quality has gone down radically. Two years of a lot of returns and I won’t miss it.

Much as I joke about QVC and moan about things I find frustrating, slow, antiquated and sometimes extortionate (postage being my most frequent grumble) I can’t see me stopping buying from them. I am a long way from being a Qurio-level superfan and I always shop around before buying but they do have some genuine bargains as far as I’m concerned, especially but not only in Clearance and Outlet. They also have the odd absolute steal (usually because they have made a mistake but please, candycane and Mr Marple, do NOT remind me about that Culinary Concepts bowl mistake I missed out on!). I maybe don’t buy as frequently and sometimes have a strop about some rip-off and need a break from Q but so far, I’ve always gone back, tempted by one of those bargains. It helps that I don’t watch because (a) I am then not tempted by happening to see some random thing I never knew I needed (because I didn’t!) and (b) the presenters or guests can’t rile me.

Call me an idiot (don’t all shout at once) but that’s my relationship with Q!

Wear whatever you want and like. Do not have someone tell you what to wear.
This is true, but as fashions change you find yourself slowly pulled in to join the major trends. For example, if you want to wear 80's style shoulder pads today, you'd be laughed at, and being being given a stink-stare just ain't nice!! The Irish BA repeatedly says that jacket styles don't change. They do change, so I would say, don't listen to her. She's just trying to move the over abundance of 2024 horrible coloured jackets in QVC's warehouse.

Ordered the Samsung TSV A35 5G smartphone on Wed 26th June.

Arrived SUNDAY 30th June.

Had so many problems trying to set it up, even after speaking to my daughter and her husband (an IT expert) who both have Samsung phones. Never managed to set it up properly so decided to return it.

Phoned QVC to arrange return Sat 6th July. This time they arranged for DPD to collect it without the faff of sending me a label. A date was mutually agreed.

Collected by DPD Mon 15th July as arranged. They sent me an email the day before with a 2-hour time slot and they arrived at the beginning of that slot. Gave me a receipt with a tracking number.

It arrived at QVC the very next day Tue 16th July.

Had an email today Wed 24th July from QVC to say they had received it (8 days after they had actually received it) and would refund the money. They have NOT yet done this.

Much as I joke about QVC and moan about things I find frustrating, slow, antiquated and sometimes extortionate (postage being my most frequent grumble) I can’t see me stopping buying from them. I am a long way from being a Qurio-level superfan and I always shop around before buying but they do have some genuine bargains as far as I’m concerned, especially but not only in Clearance and Outlet. They also have the odd absolute steal (usually because they have made a mistake but please, candycane and Mr Marple, do NOT remind me about that Culinary Concepts bowl mistake I missed out on!). I maybe don’t buy as frequently and sometimes have a strop about some rip-off and need a break from Q but so far, I’ve always gone back, tempted by one of those bargains. It helps that I don’t watch because (a) I am then not tempted by happening to see some random thing I never knew I needed (because I didn’t!) and (b) the presenters or guests can’t rile me.

Call me an idiot (don’t all shout at once) but that’s my relationship with Q!
Pretty much mine too Andi. I do watch, mainly put it on when I go to bed and see a little in the morning, and if there's a TSV I may be interested in, but I don't think I impulse buy half as much as I used to. I'm not afraid to use the 60 day mbg and often buy things because of that, because if they offer it, I'm going to use it.

Ordered the Samsung TSV A35 5G smartphone on Wed 26th June.

Arrived SUNDAY 30th June.

Had so many problems trying to set it up, even after speaking to my daughter and her husband (an IT expert) who both have Samsung phones. Never managed to set it up properly so decided to return it.

Phoned QVC to arrange return Sat 6th July. This time they arranged for DPD to collect it without the faff of sending me a label. A date was mutually agreed.

Collected by DPD Mon 15th July as arranged. They sent me an email the day before with a 2-hour time slot and they arrived at the beginning of that slot. Gave me a receipt with a tracking number.

It arrived at QVC the very next day Tue 16th July.

Had an email today Wed 24th July from QVC to say they had received it (8 days after they had actually received it) and would refund the money. They have NOT yet done this.
Dumbfounded that you are still buying from these low rent wannabes!
What’s the attraction you can buy that phone anywhere online.
Of course it’s your choice but once bitten should have told you avoid at all costs.
The returns saga is turning into one of delboys writing retreat stories!
Anyway good luck let’s hope you get your refund in a reasonable time🙂

Dumbfounded that you are still buying from these low rent wannabes!
What’s the attraction you can buy that phone anywhere online.
Of course it’s your choice but once bitten should have told you avoid at all costs.
The returns saga is turning into one of delboys writing retreat stories!
Anyway good luck let’s hope you get your refund in a reasonable time🙂
It was the CHEAPEST I could find online on that day, and had the bonus USB C high power charger (I did not have one already) and I needed a new phone.

And I KNEW I could actually use it for 60 days and then return it..

It cost me nothing to try it and then return it, couldn't do that anywhere else.

It was the CHEAPEST I could find online on that day, and had the bonus USB C high power charger (I did not have one already) and I needed a new phone.

It cost me nothing to try it and then return it, couldn't do that anywhere else.
Exactly! I can't think of anywhere else where you'd be able to get a refund on a mobile phone because you had problems setting it up, or that you tried it and decided that it's not for you. I'm not a fan of the MBG as a rule as I think it keeps their prices high, but on occasions like this it's worth it's weight in gold! Off at a tangent - I HATE Samsung phones! OH swears by them, and once when he upgraded, he gave me his old one and I simply could not get on with it at all. I decided in the end to buy an I phone and I found it really easy to use and I would never have anything else now!

I agree with Andi K, from the minute I found QVC I was a buyer as I hate going to the shops and wandering around. I could sit in my livingroom and get things delivered to my door (going back to when Q first started and online shopping wasn't such a thing). The very first thing I bought was a Santa train set for my then 2 year old nephew and the joy it gave him for years brought me joy too. Then his 4 brothers loved it before it went to the charity shop for someone else to play with. I've had tons of stuff over the years and very few things have gone back.

I'm more sensible now but I still watch when I'm on my own and I still buy the odd thing. Yes I moan but I could leave and I don't.

And yes, that lovely antler hurricane lamp still stands proudly in my lounge and was an absolute steal :D

CC

I dont buy important items from QVC as I find shops like Samsung provide good prices and excellent service. They also do cheap insurance and extra accessories

I'm with you Strato. I too got this phone as I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else and the reviews were good to very good. I'm not convinced though as I am having awful problems setting up all the things I have on my existing samsung despite it saying it copies everything over. A lot of it is my fault as I don't know passwords as I have got very lazy using finger and eye recognition and I discovered a lot of it had been set up on a gmail account that I have never used since setting up my Note 9 a good few years ago. I love my samsung phone and really don't want to go to anything else so I shall have another go at setting everything up at the weekend, when I have hours and hours to spare :)

Years ago I decided to order a small Easter cake and a set of eight large cupcakes on QVC. When ordering I somehow refreshed the page and wrote the order twice. Few weeks later I received four parcels and when I checked the invoices they were exactly the same so I received a duplicate order. I thoroughly enjoyed those cupcakes in particular lol.

I'm with you Strato. I too got this phone as I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else and the reviews were good to very good. I'm not convinced though as I am having awful problems setting up all the things I have on my existing samsung despite it saying it copies everything over. A lot of it is my fault as I don't know passwords as I have got very lazy using finger and eye recognition and I discovered a lot of it had been set up on a gmail account that I have never used since setting up my Note 9 a good few years ago. I love my samsung phone and really don't want to go to anything else so I shall have another go at setting everything up at the weekend, when I have hours and hours to spare :)
I spent hours trying to set it up, whereas the demo implied "all you need to do is put your SIM in". Pages and pages and pages of tiny print that you were supposed to read, at least 100 things you had to click to agree to, or to reject.

Then I had to set up a Samsung account (which I didn't want) and a gmail account (which I didn't want) and I think they were trying to send messages to the phone I was in the middle of trying to set up.

I had to set up various codes, but the boxes to put them in were greyed out so I couldn't.

So I spent many hours over several days before I gave up, it always crashed before I got to the end of the setup.

BTW the presenter, in the 2 shows I saw, said how easy it was to transfer data from your old phone to the new one. HE SAID HE WOULD SHOW US HOW TO DO THIS, BUT HE NEVER DID! I have these 2 programmes recorded.

Finally, I looked up how to delete all the data I had submitted, there were loads of demos and videos on-line how to do this, but needless to say, after countless attempts, this didn't work either. So it now has my data on it :(

Last edited:
Despite the fact that you get a 60 day mbg, I would never buy large tech items like a computer, phone or TV from QVC. That’s not because they’re not good deals but because of the airy fairy demonstrations that accompany them. They’re either too fast because of time constraints or the BA (no names mentioned) doesn’t explain how to use the item. I don’t want to know what the weather’s going to be, or what’s on someone’s playlist or how their fabulous photos are. I want to know how the things work!

Consequently, when I do buy anything technical I go into a store where I can ask questions that are relevant to me and my future use. At least they answer those questions and don’t waffle.

I spent hours trying to set it up, whereas the demo implied "all you need to do is put your SIM in". Pages and pages and pages of tiny print that you were supposed to read, at least 100 things you had to click to agree to, or to reject.

Then I had to set up a Samsung account (which I didn't want) and a gmail account (which I didn't want) and I think they were trying to send messages to the phone I was in the middle of trying to set up.

I had to set up various codes, but the boxes to put them in were greyed out so I couldn't.

So I spent many hours over several days before I gave up, it always crashed before I got to the end of the setup.

BTW the presenter, in the 2 shows I saw, said how easy it was to transfer data from your old phone to the new one. HE SAID HE WOULD SHOW US HOW TO DO THIS, BUT HE NEVER DID! I have these 2 programmes recorded.

Finally, I looked up how to delete all the data I had submitted, there were loads of demos and videos on-line how to do this, but needless to say, after countless attempts, this didn't work either. So it now has my data on it :(
When I've changed phones and everything's t/fred over and working I just go into reset to factory settings and everything's deleted.
In system,reset options it should be in there. Hope this helps,ours are Motorola's but Android phones should be similar, hope this helps.

When I've changed phones and everything's t/fred over and working I just go into reset to factory settings and everything's deleted.
In system,reset options it should be in there. Hope this helps,ours are Motorola's but Android phones should be similar, hope this helps.
I couldn't actually set it up to even get into the phone to get to settinng,, but pressing a combination of buttons simultaneously on he phone should do the same, but it didn't work.

Latest posts

Back