Ophelia

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are presenters and brand ambassadors that I just can’t watch. Mr Insincerity Biagi, Eyelid Naanbread b, squeaky Beaky Laura, Victoria Fitz-Bighead, Abby Cleavage and Smarmy Lee Clark being the main contenders. They came on - I switch channels.
To my mind they are categorised as “Sales Inhibiters”

Thank God for you!
I thought I was the only one standing up for her!
Some people need to take a good look at themselves . As a group we seem in the main much older than Ophelia. I can remember in 1993 coming straight out of university, to be a cop. Very soon I got my sergeants exam and can remember very clearly these type of bitter totally unecessary comments coming from the more mature sectors of the community. I'm now a mum of two boys one at the start of his career and one still at senior school. I don't want to be like or associated with these type of people. Young people are so very precious and impressionable. I'm pretty hard as nails but words really do do damage to naive and not yet fully fledged egos.
First world problems guys. Turn the f**king telly off if someone offends so much, or buy your largely unnecessary crap off the shopping channel's app.
I know who I'd rather be friends with or go for a coffee with. Thanks Susie xxx
I imagine that Ophelia, and anyone on TV for that matter, has to be impervious to negative comments. They just brush them off. They have hide-bound egos. And Ophelia is not so very young. She's 40.

I wouldn't call Ophelia either young, precious, or naive, and years past fully fledged. If you yearn for a career in front of the camera on tv, then a prerequisite is a thick skin - it was ever thus. I can't abide Stacy Solomon, Vanessa Fetz, Carol Vorderman, Amanda Holden, Davina McCall, so I turn them off. My opinions don't matter to them, but I have the right to express them. I used to watch QVC far more, but since the new stable of young and shouty presenters were brought on board then yes, I have turned off thus not buying anything, so QVC have lost sales due to the low calibre of said presenters. Oh, and my opinion of Ophelia remains the same - not terribly high.

I have stated many times I can't stand her, but she is not the only one. I would like to reiterate to the person who said turn your f....ing tv off, or words to that effect. I already do this, I don't know about others on here maybe they just grin and watch despite moans. However, I do not! I don't think there is any need to tell people here to f....ing turn off, that is awful language.

I have stated many times I can't stand her, but she is not the only one. I would like to reiterate to the person who said turn your f....ing tv off, or words to that effect. I already do this, I don't know about others on here maybe they just grin and watch despite moans. However, I do not! I don't think there is any need to tell people here to f....ing turn off, that is awful language.
Agree, using that language is unnecessary. We are all entitled to our opinions surely and mine are based on the personality that comes across on tv - they may be different off screen. I too switch off 🙃

I must admit some of the presenters grate on me at times, but if the product they're selling is something that remotely interests me then I'll stay tuned. In my memory none of them have got me switching off. As far as Ophelia's concerned I have always thought that she seems nice, but not necessarily cut out for a presenter's job but I can see that she's gained a lot more confidence, and you can really tell when she's selling something she's passionate about, her enthusiasm radiates from the screen and it's good to see. Yes, I know she has received an awful lot of criticism and there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with other people's opinions, or sticking up for them and calling somebody out if you think they've overstepped the mark. If I'd said something that others felt was unnecessarily nasty and someone politely called me out on it then I'd give it a lot more thought than I would had they told me to switch off and F off, or that I should take a look at myself. It puts people's backs up, and gets them on the defensive rather than to make them think.

I must admit some of the presenters grate on me at times, but if the product they're selling is something that remotely interests me then I'll stay tuned. In my memory none of them have got me switching off. As far as Ophelia's concerned I have always thought that she seems nice, but not necessarily cut out for a presenter's job but I can see that she's gained a lot more confidence, and you can really tell when she's selling something she's passionate about, her enthusiasm radiates from the screen and it's good to see. Yes, I know she has received an awful lot of criticism and there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with other people's opinions, or sticking up for them and calling somebody out if you think they've overstepped the mark. If I'd said something that others felt was unnecessarily nasty and someone politely called me out on it then I'd give it a lot more thought than I would had they told me to switch off and F off, or that I should take a look at myself. It puts people's backs up, and gets them on the defensive rather than to make them think.
Whilst I agree with some of your opinions, except those referring to Ophelia. I have stated on this site in the past that we use our fingers to post our thoughts, not our faces! It is very difficult nay impossible to see facial expressions of fun, laughter, tongue in cheek and anger. We have to accept it and move on.

Many of my posts are sidetracked or ignored or angrily commented on.
It is for this reason that I have decided to move on. I suspect that the people I am thinking about I would not like to meet for coffee or lunch.

I don't find this to be a particularly friendly place. Also, because I was, and still am a Moderator on a very serious discussion site. This site needs moderators badly.

Whilst I agree with some of your opinions, except those referring to Ophelia. I have stated on this site in the past that we use our fingers to post our thoughts, not our faces! It is very difficult nay impossible to see facial expressions of fun, laughter, tongue in cheek and anger. We have to accept it and move on.

It is for this reason that I have decided to move on. I suspect that the people I am thinking about I would not like to meet for coffee or lunch.

I don't find this to be a particularly friendly place. Also, because I was, and still am a Moderator on a very serious discussion site. This site needs moderators badly.
Emojis can be your friend here. Sorry you feel like this and finally I have to say that I totally disagree with that, but that's my opinion, respect to yours. Wishing you well.

My door is always open, if you or others have concerns you have always been able to contact myself and Graham, and now myself and Matt.

Nice to see the other Brummie Lady on the Silentnight show. I think she’s also called Laura. She comes across as very professional, doesn’t shout or have a squeaky voice.

Don't leave Ohno.

Thank God for you!
I thought I was the only one standing up for her!
Some people need to take a good look at themselves . As a group we seem in the main much older than Ophelia. I can remember in 1993 coming straight out of university, to be a cop. Very soon I got my sergeants exam and can remember very clearly these type of bitter totally unecessary comments coming from the more mature sectors of the community. I'm now a mum of two boys one at the start of his career and one still at senior school. I don't want to be like or associated with these type of people. Young people are so very precious and impressionable. I'm pretty hard as nails but words really do do damage to naive and not yet fully fledged egos.
First world problems guys. Turn the f**king telly off if someone offends so much, or buy your largely unnecessary crap off the shopping channel's app.
I know who I'd rather be friends with or go for a coffee with. Thanks Susie xxx

I think there are more friendly than unfriendly on here. Please don't leave, just ignore what upsets you.❤️

You know what? I'm going to go against popular opinion here. I really like Ophelia. She seems fun, interested and always keen to learn.
She's great on the Gardening Show on Style Channel right now. She makes no bones about being another 'expert' or fighting for top billing. I wish her well in her endeavours.

p.s I'm not Ophelia or any family member or friend.
Count me in. 👍🏻

Dont leave 0NNSA. Your views are valid, and there was absolutely no need for someone to say what they did.

Latest posts

Back