Ophelia

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are a few presenters who don’t sound the letter “t”or end “ing” words by sounding the “g.” A couple also say um when presenting.

If I’m watching a presentation and they start then I have to “zone out” or I end up counting the number of times that they do it which is rather distracting when I’m trying to listen. 😳

Talking about presenting I’m absolutely sick of the female presenters and commentators on the men’s football it totally spoils it for me,I won’t mention names.
That wouldn't be the young lady who having first tried to put two No. 10's into the team, then stated that someone had scored 19 goals in 41 games which apparently, according to her maths, equated to nearly 1 goal every game.

"Knackered" meaning
The context was more to do with clothes wearing out. She could possibly have chosen a better word than “knackered” 🙄 Worn out would have been a better choice.

Where I’m from it does mean tired (as in not getting a good night’s sleep) or worn out, so it’s a different kind of worn out and nothing to do with clothes.

I hope that makes sense. 🤞

I think it originally meant castrated!
Thank you. I didn't know that and neither it seems does Ophelia!

The context was more to do with clothes wearing out. She could possibly have chosen a better word than “knackered” 🙄 Worn out would have been a better choice.

Where I’m from it does mean tired (as in not getting a good night’s sleep) or worn out, so it’s a different kind of worn out and nothing to do with clothes.

I hope that makes sense. 🤞
Thank you. Strato has given another definition.

You know what? I'm going to go against popular opinion here. I really like Ophelia. She seems fun, interested and always keen to learn.
She's great on the Gardening Show on Style Channel right now. She makes no bones about being another 'expert' or fighting for top billing. I wish her well in her endeavours.

p.s I'm not Ophelia or any family member or friend.

You know what? I'm going to go against popular opinion here. I really like Ophelia. She seems fun, interested and always keen to learn.
She's great on the Gardening Show on Style Channel right now. She makes no bones about being another 'expert' or fighting for top billing. I wish her well in her endeavours.

p.s I'm not Ophelia or any family member or friend.
I am so pleased to read this, l am really fed up with people constantly criticising Ophelia, she seems to me to be a pleasant and fun presenter and deserves a break from peoples constant criticisms.

I am so pleased to read this, l am really fed up with people constantly criticising Ophelia, she seems to me to be a pleasant and fun presenter and deserves a break from peoples constant criticisms.
Thank God for you!
I thought I was the only one standing up for her!
Some people need to take a good look at themselves . As a group we seem in the main much older than Ophelia. I can remember in 1993 coming straight out of university, to be a cop. Very soon I got my sergeants exam and can remember very clearly these type of bitter totally unecessary comments coming from the more mature sectors of the community. I'm now a mum of two boys one at the start of his career and one still at senior school. I don't want to be like or associated with these type of people. Young people are so very precious and impressionable. I'm pretty hard as nails but words really do do damage to naive and not yet fully fledged egos.
First world problems guys. Turn the f**king telly off if someone offends so much, or buy your largely unnecessary crap off the shopping channel's app.
I know who I'd rather be friends with or go for a coffee with. Thanks Susie xxx

Latest posts

Back