New presenter eh...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly we have all gone down there and said things we wouldn't want repeated up here, and I totally RESPECT people's privacy and what they say down there, and wouldnt dream of repeating it up here. Its just a pity we all now have to be more careful and can't freely talk about things, which we have done in the past

I didn't sign The Official Secrets Act when I joined The Drop however I wouldn't repeat anything I thought was too personal. Vienna pointed out the OP's love of cleaning as an example to put her point across and I can see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But no one has spoken of anyone's health.

Just who was more qualified for a job.

A few members have very serious health problems, cancer etc and spoken of it quite openly up here as well.

You really want to worry, then go google your name. You will be very shocked the conversations you have had over the years which come up.

the subject matter was innocuous enough (to us at any rate) loveheart, but it could just as easily have been something that tristar wouldn't want repeating couldn't it?

A few members have very serious health problems, cancer etc and spoken of it quite openly up here as well.

You really want to worry, then go google your name. You will be very shocked the conversations you have had over the years which come up.

No thank you, i dread to think what i'd find:grin:

The Drop shouldn't be thought of, or seen, as sinister place to outsiders.

It's mostly chat about numerous subjects and a bit of fun. Many members form friendships and the majority are respectful of peoples privacy.

But as said recently in similar thread, anyone can become a VIP member giving access to The Drop, a great number never or rarely post, you don't know who they are or their motives.

Exercising discretion with regard to personal or sensitive matters anywhere on the Internet is to be recommended IMO.

Simple this is not the secret service. You don't want anyone knowing your business, then you do not put it up on a public forum. And the drop is a public forum.

Anyone can pay their donation and join, they may not post in it or even read it. But it is open to anyone who pays.

I personally also think its because a lot of whats been said here by certain people which is very obvious , is being repeated and made fun of on the other webpage that has been set us. Indeed certain people have made names up for posters from here, so when they come on here and post, you know who's coming on to make comments and all agree with each other. Then go of to the other web page and make fun of it all and the posters. Not nice

the subject matter was innocuous enough (to us at any rate) loveheart, but it could just as easily have been something that tristar wouldn't want repeating couldn't it?

if you dont want stuff repeating then simply dont indulge other members by feeding them with personal & private info , my old gran had a saying '' **** house rats always turn on themselves''

This is one reason I am not a fan of private or limited members forums, you have to trust 100% & to be honest just because i payed my 6 quid for vip membership is no guarantee that i am not going to copy & paste what folks say & repeat it

I truly believe that if your not prepared to post in the public domain then dont post in private because it basically equates to the same , the first time something is repeated publically it simply casts a general air of miss trust

I personally also think its because a lot of whats been said here by certain people which is very obvious , is being repeated and made fun of on the other webpage that has been set us. Indeed certain people have made names up for posters from here, so when they come on here and post, you know who's coming on to make comments and all agree with each other. Then go of to the other web page and make fun of it all and the posters. Not nice

ST.com is mentioned in lots of places! Just go read QVC FB page and you will see comments about us!

As for the group you are talking about, I know which one and so does Graham and it is nothing to do with ST!! Graham and I have both seen it and can confirm what you are saying is untrue.

if you dont want stuff repeating then simply dont indulge other members by feeding them with personal & private info , my old gran had a saying '' **** house rats always turn on themselves''

This is one reason I am not a fan of private or limited members forums, you have to trust 100% & to be honest just because i payed my 6 quid for vip membership is no guarantee that i am not going to copy & paste what folks say & repeat it

I truly believe that if your not prepared to post in the public domain then dont post in private because it basically equates to the same , the first time something is repeated publically it simply casts a general air of miss trust

it has done just that Madge, for me, and it's a shame

I.m quite aware it has nothing to do with ST, but it has a lot of the members from here on it. And i personally can confirm that i know they DO make fun of certain posters on here, and do have a specially made up name for two posters here, which they have joined the names together to make one name. and when these people post they are made fun on the other site. Which is not nice, to do it behind someone's back

It's a good job there are lots of NICE posters on here Sparks and I hope they outnumber the other lot

I.m quite aware it has nothing to do with ST, but it has a lot of the members from here on it. And i personally can confirm that i know they DO make fun of certain posters on here, and do have a specially made up name for two posters here, which they have joined the names together to make one name. and when these people post they are made fun on the other site. Which is not nice, to do it behind someone's back

so basically its a bitchfest , now why dont that supprise me :sad:

it doesn't surprise me either Madge, tho it saddens me that people have nothing better to do with their time than slag off other people

In December Tristar was quite openly on this page telling us about his health problems and not taking the medication prescribed by his GP.

This was in the middle of another thread about his like dislike of presenters on QVC. Surely not the place for such private matters.? Yet he was more than happy it seems to do.

ST.com is mentioned in lots of places! Just go read QVC FB page and you will see comments about us!

As for the group you are talking about, I know which one and so does Graham and it is nothing to do with ST!! Graham and I have both seen it and can confirm what you are saying is untrue.

I'm aware you've seen it Sazza , but how much of it has Graham seen i wonder. I do know that when things are critised, they get deleted very quickly, so maybe Graham hasn't been aware of these things

it doesn't surprise me either Madge, tho it saddens me that people have nothing better to do with their time than slag off other people

I guess the people being slated on the secret forum should be flattered there so significant then:giggle:

Just done that! I'm shocked at what came up some of the things you joined up with are shown plus my name is as common as muck! :mysmilie_466:

In December Tristar was quite openly on this page telling us about his health problems and not taking the medication prescribed by his GP.

This was in the middle of another thread about his like dislike of presenters on QVC. Surely not the place for such private matters.? Yet he was more than happy it seems to do.

but it's obvious that tristar has personal issues, and is quite vulnerable - does that give us all licence to persecute him, just because he was posting up here? I think not, not in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back