New presenter eh...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she was quite funny! After all it's bid. Completely different style.

By the time this thread has finished go round and round she won`t be a new presenter, she`ll be old, decrepid and drawing her ****** pension !

It's all very downmarket isnt it. But what would we expect from Bid? Clearly she's been required to change her approach for Q. I wonder which persona is most like the real her. Maybe it's neither and she's completely different again.

Probably somewhere in the middle. Hopefully we'll get some xmas party pictures at the end of the year and we can find out.
iWill she' be sweet and demure or a little raver getting her backside out and photocopying it.(its a rhetorical question)

Whichever it is, one things for sure, she sure divides opinion

OMG any credibility she had has now gone! I say for everyone to liste and watch this, because I think it may change some peoples opinions. She can certainly talk cant she?? She saYS 'Bid is not interested in making money out of you and then starts SHOUTING like a market trader!! Jason, turn it down!! OMG

Tristar what will make you happy? If she is sacked? If she resigns? There must be something that can help stop your strong obsession with her? How about an autograph from her?

By the time this thread has finished go round and round she won`t be a new presenter, she`ll be old, decrepid and drawing her ****** pension !

Hahahaha nice one Vienna! In a nursing home giving the nurses a laugh about her twats ooops I mean tweets in her younger days :wink:

Tristar what will make you happy? If she is sacked? If she resigns? There must be something that can help stop your strong obsession with her? How about an autograph from her?

Oh V lighten up please, it's only an amusing giggle! It's hardly an obsession now is it! And I take it that you know Tristar well enough to make such assumptions about him? I think it's more a case of having a friendly bit of humerous banter about stuff a Q presenter has put out there in the public domain & sure people have different views but that's part of it.

Last edited:
Oh V lighten up please, it's only an amusing giggle! It's hardly an obsession now is it!

Nikki I would have thought the last bit of my post shows I was being light? You know humour?

Why not merge the threads so that those who kind of like a merry-go- round can stay on, and those who are a bit dizzy can get off?

Why not merge the threads so that those who kind of like a merry-go- round can stay on, and those who are a bit dizzy can get off?

Good idea! I'm sorry if some people don't find the discussion about Chloe interesting but it's hardly a reason to close the thread or suggest people stop posting is it? Everyone is being polite with eachother, when there's no more to add it will die a death naturally. What's the problem?

Anyway back to Chloe, did you know she started on reality TV? She was a contestant on C4's Shipwrecked 10 years ago. She didnt win!. One of her fellow contestants was Jeff Brazier who went on to marry poor Jade Goody and has been trying to maintain a presenting career ever since.

Last edited:
As for going round in circles, this entire forum is based on repetition of themes. It is a niche subject to start with. If we're not allowed to stretch a topic out to the point of stultifying boredom then I'll expect the same rules to be applied to:
JR's size, appearance and fashion choices
Jill franks and why people don't like her
Flints sales techniques.

That will be the day ST.com finally goes under so be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:
Nikki I would have thought the last bit of my post shows I was being light? You know humour?
fail.jpg

Agreed.
As I said I think Chloe is doing well as a presenter. Maybe it's a generational thing as to if you approve, disapprove or are indifferent? I am in the indifferent camp. I am certain though that Q may want Chloe to attract a new customer base to the channel.

I think that Chloe adapting her presenting style to suit her employer merely demonstrates that she is versatile and can do the job she is paid to do.

A good way to extinguish a fire is to starve it of oxygen.

Hmmm yes I know Frazzled they say don't give a troll oxygen, however when they hurl personal unfounded insults at others I do like to lob in a fire extinguishing comment first. Sometimes as with real fires that can actually make the flames more angry in which case there are two choices. Either reply if you feel you have something constructive to say that shows that person's behaviour for what it is or ignore it. If it gets too insulting/threatening then of course it should be reported.
In most cases the initial fire extinguishing comment from a forumite does the trick & the nasty comments cease at least for the time being. :wink:

Last edited:
And I take it that you know Tristar well enough to make such assumptions about him?

Does the person who posted that he "has issues" know him personally then? (post #193 of this thread) no one had a dig at them for making assumptions.

Does the person who posted that he "has issues" know him personally then? (post #193 of this thread) no one had a dig at them for making assumptions.

My thoughts entirely.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

I don't actually scrutinise every post in every thread I've written in. If I do see a post which I feel is potentially offensive about another member or makes un called for negative judgements about them then I invariably respond accordingly. This forum is, for the vast majority of users a good place to be happy, share views, get advice and have a giggle. Personally I'd like it to remain that way.

& Are you implying Amn that if 1 person writes something that is potentially untoward about another just because that doesn't get raised at the time it's ok for everyone else who feels like it to pile in? Blimey, I begining to realise how passionately serious some people are in the QVC forum. May I suggest that you take a peek, when you have the time, at forum comments about other channels, where there is a great spirit, respect for everyone and a great laugh as well as some really useful info, you may be surprised...Thankfully the vast majority of Q forum users are respectful of each other irrespective of differing views.

Last edited:
I wasn't implying anything of the sort, and frankly I don't see how you can interpret that from my post. I merely pointed out that it seemed ok for one person to say something but another person gets a dig for quite a similar post Quite a simple point, without any need for over analysis. I don't see what's 'overly passionate' about that, nor do I see who's 'piling in'. I was merely raising a point, as everyone else has done - regardless of their standpoint.

Last edited:
I wasn't implying anything of the sort, and frankly I don't see how you can interpret that from my post. I merely pointed out that it seemed ok for one person to say something but another person gets a dig for quite a similar post Quite a simple point, without any need for over analysis. I don't see what's 'overly passionate' about that, nor do I see who's 'piling in'. I was merely raising a point, as everyone else has done - regardless of their standpoint.

I can't get into the minds of other forum users 24/7 I'm afraid so can't tell you why no one picked or didn't pick up the point in the earlier post you quoted. If you read my comment I merely stated that if I see something untoward/uncalled for/unnecessarily negative about another member that I feel is inappropriate I will question it. What others do & say is up to them.

With 24 pages of posts thus far on this thread you must have gone through some to find 1 quote hence it's understandable that I missed it.

Several people have recently said openly that they are either not getting involved in the Q forums anymore or are considering leaving, not because they want to but because recent posts and behaviour has made them feel negative about contributing. I personally think that's a shame,hence I will take a stance.

In fact I'm considering starting a new forum entitled "For those who don't take QVC too seriously", where all the nice, respectful, funny & friendly people can contribute lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back