The Presenters!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Extensions are part of Ruth's terrible hairdo / hairdon't? Wow. To think all those impoverished, Eastern European women sacrificed their precious tresses for that!

Regarding Ruth's voice - I take your point about her wanting to shrug off a regional accent. But no elocution teacher on the planet taught anyone that horribly artificial, DEEP emphasis-on-every-other-word, a totally ridiculous, mannered way of speaking.

I'm no fan of Eamonn, but in my book that voice alone is grounds for divorce! Incidentally, Eamonn played a big role in her current success story as a QVC 'style guru'. I know this for a fact, as a former TV producer - a story I'll save for another post!
She's a bit of a fake all round. Sometimes, when she drops the 100 Watt smile, you can see an expression of impatience/irritation on her face. She wants to do away with the greasy fans' messages and the presenter's silly jokes as quickly as possible and get down to selling. Eamonn's really done the dirty on her, posing for the paparazzi with his beefy hand on his new girlfriend's bum.

She's a bit of a fake all round. Sometimes, when she drops the 100 Watt smile, you can see an expression of impatience/irritation on her face. She wants to do away with the greasy fans' messages and the presenter's silly jokes as quickly as possible and get down to selling. Eamonn's really done the dirty on her, posing for the paparazzi with his beefy hand on his new girlfriend's bum.
You're so right about Ruth's fakery!

Incidentally, did Eamonn do the dirty on her? I'm not so sure. No one knows the truth of other people's relationships. But from what I hear (from reliable sources), it was a marriage in name only for quite some time. Ruth ended it.

I believe she tolerated a lot of 'grumpy old man' stuff from him for many years. When they first got together he was a far bigger telly name. For the first years of their relationship he was paranoid about keeping her secret from the media and more to the point, his estranged Northern-Ireland based wife Gabrielle, the mother of his three eldest kids, from whom he was separated.

This subterfuge was an unrelenting headache for Ruth. Understandably she finally gave him an ultimatum, which resulted in them going public as a couple (they didn't marry until some years later). I know first hand he pushed her to become the big media name she is today, it's questionable she'd have reached these heights without his support/influence.

He does seem to have moved on with unseemly haste, but the latest paparazzi pics of him with his glamorous, 22 years younger girlfriend have in my view been given some tabloid spin. If you look at the shots of him with 42-year-old Katie Alexander, hanging around quayside during a European cruise excursion, he isn't 'grabbing her bottom' as claimed. He's got his arm around her waist, and inevitably, as she's standing and he's sitting in an electric wheelchair (Oh the glamour...), his arm is lower down her back than it would normally be. Not making excuses for him btw, just saying it as I see it.

Looking at poor old Eamonn in that wheelchair, shirt buttons straining over his belly, fat ankles spilling out between white jeans and blue deck shoes, I had to feel sorry for him. To be back in the dating game at his age, and with a woman young enough to be his daughter, is no happy ever after. He's a guy who likes his home comforts and an easy life.

One cause of friction between him and Ruth was his long-held wish to buy a bungalow in his native Belfast, and spend more time there. He's said London life doesn't suit him. Ruth was never keen on his retirement vision - I suspect the bright lights of the Capital suit her just fine, particularly now she's building her successful QVC empire.

Perhaps his new love is head-over-heels in love, and his fame and finances are only part of his appeal. Let's hope so (she doesn't exactly look low maintenance!) If not, I sense his future looks rather less rosy than Ruth's.

Incidentally, did Eamonn do the dirty on her? I'm not so sure. No one knows the truth of other people's relationships. But from what I hear (from reliable sources), it was a marriage in name only for quite some time. Ruth ended it.

I believe she tolerated a lot of 'grumpy old man' stuff from him for many years. When they first got together he was a far bigger telly name. For the first years of their relationship he was paranoid about keeping her secret from the media and more to the point, his estranged Northern-Ireland based wife Gabrielle, the mother of his three eldest kids, from whom he was separated.

This subterfuge was an unrelenting headache for Ruth. Understandably she finally gave him an ultimatum, which resulted in them going public as a couple (they didn't marry until some years later). I know first hand he pushed her to become the big media name she is today, it's questionable she'd have reached these heights without his support/influence.

He does seem to have moved on with unseemly haste, but the latest paparazzi pics of him with his glamorous, 22 years younger girlfriend have in my view been given some tabloid spin. If you look at the shots of him with 42-year-old Katie Alexander, hanging around quayside during a European cruise excursion, he isn't 'grabbing her bottom' as claimed. He's got his arm around her waist, and inevitably, as she's standing and he's sitting in an electric wheelchair (Oh the glamour...), his arm is lower down her back than it would normally be. Not making excuses for him btw, just saying it as I see it.

Looking at poor old Eamonn in that wheelchair, shirt buttons straining over his belly, fat ankles spilling out between white jeans and blue deck shoes, I had to feel sorry for him. To be back in the dating game at his age, and with a woman young enough to be his daughter, is no happy ever after. He's a guy who likes his home comforts and an easy life.

One cause of friction between him and Ruth was his long-held wish to buy a bungalow in his native Belfast, and spend more time there. He's said London life doesn't suit him. Ruth was never keen on his retirement vision - I suspect the bright lights of the Capital suit her just fine, particularly now she's building her successful QVC empire.

Perhaps his new love is head-over-heels in love, and his fame and finances are only part of his appeal. Let's hope so (she doesn't exactly look low maintenance!) If not, I sense his future looks rather less rosy than Ruth's.
Your description of Ruth to me is spot on! I also find him very false!

The worst voice is Beverley Cressman who is doing Gower Cottage Brownies. She talks like a screech owl. Nice lady but I can't listen to her.

I like Glen but the half mast trousers are bizarre.

CC
Perhaps he went to Rishi Sunak's tailor? Sunak's pants always looked as though they'd been sprayed onto his legs they were so tight, very unflattering look. Perhaps he couldn't afford a decent tailor? :ROFLMAO: It was embarrassing when he stood next to Macron, who looked like he'd come out of a bandbox, whereas Rishi's trousers were cutting off his circulation.

You're dreadfully behind the times - this is how the stylish man-about-town wears his suits now. It was first apparent when Daniel Craig got the James Bond gig. His wrist and ankle swinging, ultra-skinny suits looked like breathing was a challenge. How he was supposed to run after villains, bugger only knows!

How did Norman Wisdom become a style icon?!

During her fashion hours, Ruth often mentions that QVC approached her to start a fashion range, not the other way around. Was Eamonn behind this? The photo of him and his new squeeze isn't flattering to either of them. Poor man, he looks like a sausage about to burst. It must have been taken during the day, but she is wearing what looks to be a very flashy black evening dress. Inappropriate, since he is dressed in sportswear. Something fishy about the whole thing. I always liked Eamonn as a news reader but, as such, would he really have a great amount of influence with QVC on his wife's behalf? It's fun speculating!

Back in the day, Eamon was good-looking. He started doing the ITV local news/magazine teatime show with Gloria Hunniford, I think she got him the job with ITV England when she dumped her first husband and moved to England? I used to see him out and about around Belfast city centre doing outdoor interviews. No, I made sure to hurry past. Oh, I could tell a few stories of how Gloria climbed her way up the ranks.;)

I did once get caught by a Swedish Radio crew doing interviews. Wasn't paying attention, and they pounced. My first words, "I do not speak Swedish" :confused: Told they would have someone Swedish speaking on the radio for me. Damn! It was about integrated schools. I did have an opinion and agree with them.

As for those very tight trousers with men's suits, that is all I see in the city centre with businessmen.

Back in the day, Eamon was good-looking. He started doing the ITV local news/magazine teatime show with Gloria Hunniford, I think she got him the job with ITV England when she dumped her first husband and moved to England? I used to see him out and about around Belfast city centre doing outdoor interviews. No, I made sure to hurry past. Oh, I could tell a few stories of how Gloria climbed her way up the ranks.;)

I did once get caught by a Swedish Radio crew doing interviews. Wasn't paying attention, and they pounced. My first words, "I do not speak Swedish" :confused: Told they would have someone Swedish speaking on the radio for me. Damn! It was about integrated schools. I did have an opinion and agree with them.

As for those very tight trousers with men's suits, that is all I see in the city centre with businessmen.
I'm used to seeing men in short, tight trousers. I don't mind it. Regarding Glen and his wardrobe. I respect him for many reasons, but not including his own taste in fashion, his fashion advice to women or the way he speaks when he's selling on QVC. . His short trousers are not tight. It looks like he's cut off 2 or 3 inches from the bottoms of his old trousers. Plus, he wears brightly coloured socks with them. I don't know Gloria Hunniford, but what a pretty name she has. Imo, since I've watched Eamonn on TV, he's always had chubby chops.

You're dreadfully behind the times - this is how the stylish man-about-town wears his suits now. It was first apparent when Daniel Craig got the James Bond gig. His wrist and ankle swinging, ultra-skinny suits looked like breathing was a challenge. How he was supposed to run after villains, bugger only knows!

How did Norman Wisdom become a style icon?!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sunak's 'painted-on pants' look just emphasised his skinny legs, he reminded me of Max Wall. If his pants were as tight at the top, I would think he was doing himself a mischief.

Actually, Sunak made Norman Wisdom look stylish. Still, he was an interesting successor to the unmade bed that was Boris.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sunak's 'painted-on pants' look just emphasised his skinny legs, he reminded me of Max Wall. If his pants were as tight at the top, I would think he was doing himself a mischief.

Actually, Sunak made Norman Wisdom look stylish. Still, he was an interesting successor to the unmade bed that was Boris.
Fair comment - though in Rishi's defence, unlike his successor Starmer, he did at least pay for his own clothes!

This one...? Agree, it's gorgeous. Would love it myself 🙂
1000019427.jpg

Latest posts

Back