Liz Earle TSV 20/10/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Am really tempted by this as I've always wanted to try the super skin line. I've tried a sample of the oil and that is it. I know it is meant for mature skin, and but what age range exactly? I'm 28. I bought the tsv before last and gave away most of products as a gift for mum's birthday but moisturiser & c&p tube are lying unopened. I'm using up the last of a previous elemis tsv from a while ago. I think the previous tsv that aired in July is better value for money as was 45 quid and had 4 full size products. It is still available to buy but at £56. I don't know how they can justify the 6 quid p&p when the previous tsv had more products and the p&p for that is a quid less!

Am really tempted by this as I've always wanted to try the super skin line. I've tried a sample of the oil and that is it. I know it is meant for mature skin, and but what age range exactly? I'm 28. I bought the tsv before last and gave away most of products as a gift for mum's birthday but moisturiser & c&p tube are lying unopened.

Superskin is not particularly age specific but is good for mature skin partly by virtue of the fact it is very good for dry skin & the two often go together? If your skin is very dry & you got on fine & had some benefit from using the oil, you would be perfectly fine to use the Superskin moisturiser & of course, you could always just stick to using it at night, with the standard moisturiser (or a different range if you prefer) during the day?

I find the superskin moisturiser was just as good for combination skin. even though it is aimed for anti-aging it is a nice light texture

I have combination skin, but gets drier in winter. I normally have oily forehead and chin and dry nose and cheeks. Also I have read a review that said that the super skin range especially the body cream was really oily. Would you agree?

I have combination skin, but gets drier in winter. I normally have oily forehead and chin and dry nose and cheeks. Also I have read a review that said that the super skin range especially the body cream was really oily. Would you agree?

I wouldn't say the body cream was oily, it's pretty thick though & takes a while to sink ion, best rubbed in really! lol (Because of this, its main disadvantage is that it doesn't last very long compared to similar sized bottles of some other products!)
Not as thick (or greasy!) as the l'Occitane shea stuff though, nowhere near!
The body cream also has a bit of an 'acquired scent' to it, you may love it, you may hate it; kind of herby & natural, quite strong I would say?

If you currently use another moisturiser but feel your nose & cheeks could do with a bit of extra help, I see no reason why you couldn't just apply the Superskin cream there if you wanted to & apply something lighter over your the rest?
I find the moisturiser a little much for my combi skin, same as I find Elemis' night cream a bit much, so I tend to slap PCMC on both day & night! Though my skin is getting drier now so might give the Superskin another go! lol

I'd say 'rich' rather than 'oily' bellabambina. I love the superskin moisture for the face in the winter: very protective and comforting, but not heavy or oily - a little goes a long way, as they say, (I just lightly dab my finger on the top of the moisturiser and the little that's on my finger does the whole of my face) - crucially, it doesn't break me out and I break out really easily, so it's a godsend! The superskin body cream is richer, but sinks in well, bit rich for a hand cream though, so go easy there. Love that the face moisturiser is unscented, because any scent breaks me out, unfortunately; and it's nice the superskin body cream is scented - lovely neroli smell! - so I can get the pleasure of a scented cream for my body (no breakouts on the body from scent, just my face I have to be super careful about!).

Thanks Kitten :), I am using Elemis marine cream that I got in a tsv and is lasting ages as i only need a bit as it goes a long way but I do find it a bit much if I accidentally use too much. Does the super skin moisturiser last all day? I've heard mixed reviews about the scent but has been a long time since I've smelt in JL or in Chelsea store.

I have just had a long chat (with myself) and decided not to buy the TSV. I use the C & P, tonic and moisturiser regularly, but the rest are not essentials, especially as money is tight. In the days before I found this forum, I would probably have steamed in there and ordered immediately. Thanks everyone.

ps. Why does Allison have to give us ideas on who to 'gift' to? Surely we know our nearest and dearest and what they would like. Sometimes I think QVC treat us like halfwits.

I agree Itchy. If it's stuff you wouldn't normally buy then the tsv isn't a good deal. Have you looked at Liz's website? The October essentials offer is £41 (saving £4.50 if I've worked it out right). They are throwing in a superskin concentrate which normally costs £19.75 and which I absolutely love. No p&p either so it's a no brainer if you use the essentials. Also, if your budget allows and you can get a couple of sets, or get some extra c&p to bring your total up to £70 then you get some nice extras valued at £28. It's far better value than the tsv imo because it's real savings and every single item will be used up and last ages.

Personally, I think the superskin moisturiser is way overpriced. I've tried it and also the skin repair normal and dry. Honestly, I could see no difference whatsoever when using the superskin and would far rather have the gorgeous sensory experience of the superskin concentrate as a booster underneath the skin repair. Just as good as decleor imo and a whole lot cheaper.

Am really tempted by this as I've always wanted to try the super skin line. I've tried a sample of the oil and that is it. I know it is meant for mature skin, and but what age range exactly? I'm 28. I bought the tsv before last and gave away most of products as a gift for mum's birthday but moisturiser & c&p tube are lying unopened. I'm using up the last of a previous elemis tsv from a while ago. I think the previous tsv that aired in July is better value for money as was 45 quid and had 4 full size products. It is still available to buy but at £56. I don't know how they can justify the 6 quid p&p when the previous tsv had more products and the p&p for that is a quid less!
Why not try this Superskin kit at a 'reasonable' price of £33 on two easy pays and you can send it back if doesn't suit you?
http://www.qvcuk.com/Liz-Earle-Supe...c=225351-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-225351

Last edited:
I think that Pipa looks wonderful in this hour and these simple hoop earrings really suit her.

I agree Marina. I love her hair. I wish my face was skinnier I'd so copy it!! She looks really good.

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Me and my Ma have gone for this between us. She can have all the skin care (apart from the superbalm) and I get the haircare! Bazinga!

Pipa is looking grand today, I desperately want my hair chopping in that style, but my hairdresser is reluctant to do it - she says it would suit me for sure, but is worried about having to do such a short cut on me. Pah :wink:.

I really like Pipa's dress style and her skin always looks glowing,she has very attractive eyes.
Lynn

Had my hair cut that short once, big mistake looked a right twonk, wish the hairdresser in question had stopped me. Dont go to that one anymore :grin:

Sorry MrM but LE has had several TSV's over the years on EP, granted not all the time but they have had ones on EP

Sorry BB, I was right. Pipa has just said this is the first TSV that LE have ever done on EP. I thought it was but I didn't want to disagree because I wasn't 100% sure.

The actress Mia Farrow cut off her long hair (at the time, she said Frank Sinatra helped her do it) and we all followed the Vidal Sassoon cut.
http://hair-and-makeup-artist.com/period-hair-makeup/womens-1960s-hairstyles/
It did suit me back then.
About 5 years ago I asked my hairdresser for the chop, but this time round I called it a Judi Dench lol.
Too harsh for me second time around.

With all the money you should have rolling in soon from your "agency" of Meg and Mr Fish you will be able to
go to one of the top stylists in London, maybe even Richard Ward himself and get his professional advice on style :wink: :cool:

My hair is that short, or even shorter at the back. I get a no3 with the clippers on the back and sides, then she chips into the top and takes length and weight out. I do have small features so am ok.

Latest posts

Back