Liz Earle TSV 11/7/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tediously dull! A disappointing TSV. Why can't they do a Superskin one or put in the energising bodywash and lotion for a change?

Hi, is anyone good at predicting what the price will be. Thank-you
(I'm disappointed, but I will buy it as I need some more eyebright and tonic)

Tediously dull! A disappointing TSV. Why can't they do a Superskin one or put in the energising bodywash and lotion for a change?

guess the superskin ones dont sell as well as the price would have to be higher but will always be the basics no matter what when you get a limited range

The best sellers will always be the best sellers if all that is offered for sale is the same limited range.

I would have thought a TSV would have been a great opportunity to mix it up a bit - safe bankers that will guarantee the TSV sells well, and perhaps one or two "wild cards". Shame that QVC isn't brave enough to take a chance.

The best sellers will always be the best sellers if all that is offered for sale is the same limited range.

I would have thought a TSV would have been a great opportunity to mix it up a bit - safe bankers that will guarantee the TSV sells well, and perhaps one or two "wild cards". Shame that QVC isn't brave enough to take a chance.

they aint stupid enough to take a chance on anything too risky

The difficulty with Liz Earle is that the product range isn't massive, one cleanser, one toner etc. They can only mix it up so much. A superskin TSV would alienate half of their market, though it would be nice if they put it as one of the moisturiser options for those who use it :)

The difficulty with Liz Earle is that the product range isn't massive, one cleanser, one toner etc. They can only mix it up so much. A superskin TSV would alienate half of their market, though it would be nice if they put it as one of the moisturiser options for those who use it :)

Indeed - they might need to put a different price for it with the Superskin (as it's pennies shy of double the price), but hey - they do price differentials on other TSV items (bedlinen, for example) so it's not unheard-of. A Superskin user is likely buy as long as there was still demonstrably good value in the set.

They could and should consider this for other ranges... such as Decleor. If you use Decleor, you know that they have "partner" aromessences for each moisturiser. The partner for Hydrafloral is neroli, but they're just as likely to pair it up with iris and call it anti-aging, even though the prolagene lift cream (which replaced experience de l'age) is its proper partner. But going on pure retail pricing - Hydrafloral is £39.50 vs prolagene lift at £69.50, it would be impossible to offer both options at the same price.

Skin repair makes it so very easy for QVC to cover all bases for a very affordable quality moisturiser, which means unfortunately I can't see it changing on the TSV front unless they are prepared to negotiate and have two different prices. Be nice to see a little risk-taking from QVC.

This is a nice basic set but....... All of the small sizes are given away free of charge when you order from Liz Earle direct! and the current months essentials offer includes a free bag!

Seriously, I am disappointed and cannot believe it is Skin Repair Moisturiser AGAIN! I don't have such a big face to use all the Moisturiser TSVs up in time to order the next one. On the other hand: Money saved.

This is a nice basic set but....... All of the small sizes are given away free of charge when you order from Liz Earle direct! and the current months essentials offer includes a free bag!

And - on their website there is a new jasmine and osmanthus limited edition Cleanse & Polish... wouldn't have hurt to include that, would it?

"The true definition of madness is repeating the same action, over and over, hoping for a different result." - Albert Einstein
Playing it safe will get good sales, but unless QVC do take risks from time to time, they won't get better sales.

Even with their established brands, I think it would be sensible to factor in at least 1 "risky" TSV package a year. Yes, there will be a number of weaker-selling offerings, but they won't discover the superstar products of the future if they don't. They'd rather sit back and let the brands take the risk on the distained high street, and then ride in to profit on the back of that.

Nobody expected great things of the recent Margaret Dabbs Beauty Product of the Month - including Margaret herself - but it took off like a rocket, surprising everyone. That was definitely a riskier BPOTM, so QVC can do it, and it can demonstrably pay off.

Thing is, offering just basic Liz Earle products for ever-escalating TSV prices, is going to stop paying dividends before too long. Even the Superskin range comes in competitive compared to Elemis PCMC (currently 30ml for £40 not £50 on Elemis' own website), so there's going to come a point where Skin Repair at £20 in a £40+ TSV isn't going to look good value at all.

My thoughts exactly!
I bought the last Liz Earle tsv for a birthday present for my mum who's never tired the brand and wanted to do so. When it came i was disappointed in the contents for nearly £60 and the presentation was poor...
So I went to the LE website and placed my first order with them direct and it was great! For £51 and free postage including the June essentials which had limited edition c&p pump canister. And with the freebies (one of which was 15ml of neroli super skin!) I got almost *exactly* identical items to this tsv - except the conditioner but I hate her hair care so not bothered about that. It was even wrapped in lovely LE tissue paper and sticker!
Mum loves it :)

I think the skin repair moisturiser isn't anything special for the price - I would not pay the full price for it. Am a big fan of Skin Blossom range - I find their "age resist" moisturiser £7.95 for 50ml a great buy...

I'm disappointed too. I would've gone for this when I first started using LE about 7-8 years ago but since I've been using Superskin I find the Skin Repair a real waste. So I won't be buying this.

Why can't they offer it with either 50ml Skin Repair or a special 25ml or 30ml of Superskin?
Wouldn't be that ****** difficult would it?
They'd just have 4 options instead of 3. Hardly rocket science is it?

Echoing everything said -it's a bit dull and not long since the last one so my money is safe. Having said that I wouldn't have bought superskin anyway -skin repair light is just great for me .

I am another one who finds this disappointing, won't be buying. I was hoping it would include the superskin moisturiser. Very uninspiring.

Latest posts

Back