Liz Earle - 01/07/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tabatha

Registered Shopper

Just looked at the TV guide and it looks like there is a Liz Earle TSV on Friday 1st of July - don't normally have a TSV on a Friday !!

Just my luck!!! I'm off to London for the day from Birmingham on the 29th June as I now go to the flagship store to stock up on supplies so must not do what I did on Saturday and spend a few pennies off £110 when I'm instore (Him Indoors nearly had a heart attack at the till)..

Liz did mention a TSV in July when she was presenting the TSV back in February , I think the one at the start of this month's was all to do with Jo Givens. , I reckon this may be to coincide with the launch of the QVC Beauty Awards 2011 Voting.

I'm glad it's at the start of the month as I left finances short when I purchased the last LE TSV so payday will have been & gone by the time the TSV comes. Thanks Tabatha!!

I was only thinking yesterday when I was watching yet another Elemis TSV that Liz Earle doesn't seem to have as many as she used to. Then, suddenly there is one at beginning of July. Seems a bit too close to the May one, in my opinion and yes, unusual to be on a Friday but no doubt I'll succumb. I usually do. It's just that I was expecting to wait until August/September. Wish I'd resisted the Elemis one now. Oh well, I'd better start saving now!:thinking:

I kind of get the feeling that Liz Earle is no longer "flavour of the month" at QVC. She doesn't launch new products on Q like she used to. The relationship has changed. Has anybody else got that impression? It's definitely cheaper to buy direct unless a TSV.

Just my luck!!! I'm off to London for the day from Birmingham on the 29th June as I now go to the flagship store to stock up on supplies so must not do what I did on Saturday and spend a few pennies off £110 when I'm instore (Him Indoors nearly had a heart attack at the till)..

Liz did mention a TSV in July when she was presenting the TSV back in February , I think the one at the start of this month's was all to do with Jo Givens. , I reckon this may be to coincide with the launch of the QVC Beauty Awards 2011 Voting.

I'm glad it's at the start of the month as I left finances short when I purchased the last LE TSV so payday will have been & gone by the time the TSV comes. Thanks Tabatha!!

DarJos, I'm so envious that you go to the flagship store in London. I reckon my husband would have to drag me out of there kicking and screaming!!:grin:

DarJos, I'm so envious that you go to the flagship store in London. I reckon my husband would have to drag me out of there kicking and screaming!!:grin:

It's a lovely store which like the website stocks the full range and the offers available and also you get to choose a complimentary gift instore and now I pay the coach fare (as I don't drive) for Him Indoors and my kids so the weekend after payday we go to London and I can stock up.. I know some people may think I'm mad for stocking up that way but hey that's me... MAD!:blush:

I am not too excited about this TSV. I wonder how they can top the last one which was such a success, for me anyway. Maybe it will be body products or shampoo. I really can't see it being such good value as the one in May.

I wonder how they can top the last one which was such a success, for me anyway.

I agree Itchy, that last Liz Earle TSV was fabulous value IMHO, it was the first one I'd bought in ages. I'd forgotten how nice it it is to receive a Liz Earle TSV, the scent coming from the box is like no other! I've been on a skincare economy drive of late (been very stern with myself - only basic items and only kits if I'll use it all :sweat:) but with Judith Williams yesterday and this upcoming I could be back in QVC-land good and proper :blush::giggle:

TSVs

Hello

The LE TSVs were always: February, July and the Christmas one some time in October.

They introduced what they called a mini TSV in May last year or the year before which was Caroline's first one that she presented.

I guess they were trialling whether another one would be finacially successful, it must have been because now they do seem to have added this in so that they have 4 per year.

It probably to keep competitive with other companies like Elemis, Decleor and Gatineau who seem to have one every other month these days.

I'm still kicking myself for missing the last TSV. I ordered it on waitlist then last week it appeared in stock, so I lliterally actually jumped to the phone and ordered it. The next day it was showing as awaiting stock on my account again, so looks like I might have missed out. Will still keep an eye out though. Nothing on the bay either so far.

I sort of sulked with LE after the Avon debacle last year and stopped using it. Which was silly really as it suited my skin and I got on really well with using everything. Now I'm dipping into it again and using a bit of Elemis as well, but will probably go back to LE after the Elemis runs out. Very rarely buy from QVC if its not a TSV or a really good offer though.

I sort of sulked with LE after the Avon debacle last year and stopped using it. Which was silly really as it suited my skin and I got on really well with using everything. Now I'm dipping into it again and using a bit of Elemis as well, but will probably go back to LE after the Elemis runs out. Very rarely buy from QVC if its not a TSV or a really good offer though.

Glad I'm not the only one who had a sulk over LE. I still had some in my holiday wash case & used her stuff again last month when I was away for a few days & realised how much I liked it. I do love her hair products as well. My hairdresser actually asked me what I was using as my hair was in such great condition.

I had a rummage though my wardrobe yesterday & found an Aromesscence Neroli I had forgotten about plus some Gatineau:blush: I must remember to date these things when I get them.

Gentle bump :blush:! Just wondered if anyone has any clues about this one yet? Guess it might still be a bit early, it's not for two weeks yet. Thanks anyway...:handshake: :nod:

I have not bought any Liz Earle from QVC for ages now. The TSV's are good value for money but i've got a box of all the little sample sizes I never use, left over. Once you know which products you like, for example I use the C&P, daily eye repair and the moisturiser, it is cheaper to buy from LE direct.

I usually wait for the C&P deal with free P&P and then stock up on the other bits I need and a nourishing botanical body cream for my mum. But even if there isn't a free P&P deal it's still cheaper to pay their P&P charges than to buy from QVC. When you compare like for like, it's always cheaper to buy from LE direct if you want more than one thing, only 1 P&P!

Also now I'm a bit fed up that you never see Liz Earle herself on QVC. I used to like listening to her but the other representatives they have on there now, just make me switch off!

I'm wondering if there's been words between LE & QVC about TSV contents being leaked on here which inturn the details are put on the QVC facebook page & the LE facebook page for other people to take a look at and see if they want to buy so people know the contents before LE announce it and that riles them (LE).

When someone (ahem) posts the details on LE's FB page they are quickly taken off!!!

Still buying though as I've saved my 4 easy-pay voucher for this and some Ojon restorative hair treatment!

I won't mind if it's a qtr size Instant Boost as I've started to use the spritzer version in both full size and 30ml spritzer and I can decant into the travel spritzer bottle...

Latest posts

Back