Liquid Gold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Karina, I'll use my gatineau over the top.
I guess the thought of finding a product that specifically exfoliated the eye area was very appealing when we're told to always avoid any exfoliation there so I'll use it according to the instuctions and see how I get on.
The reviews on qvc look really good though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I see results too!

In my opinion the Liquid Gold is WAYYYY over rated , although it doesnt even rate 4 stars on QVCs ratings.

My 22 year old daughter had to be referred to a Dermatologist after trying this ,and her consultant was horrified . He even asked what 'RUBBISH ' she been putting on her skin. So its back to Eve Lom for Miss Hutt.

DD has had to endure 3 sessions of cryothermy , each a month apart,and will still have to have more after using this product, so be WARNED if you think that these spots are caused by Liquid Gold drawing them out!

BTW there is an 18 week waiting list here for an initial Dermatology referral, but my sister is a nursing 'sister' at the Regional Dermatology outpatient department so DD was seen inside 8 weeks THANK GOD!!

OMG:eek:

Your poor daughter!!!

I have never taken to Alpha H, saw some shows when I first got QVC and it just didn't appeal to me at all, it all sounded so harsh. So glad I listened to my instincts.

Hope your daughter is ok Jabba. :hug:

In my opinion the Liquid Gold is WAYYYY over rated , although it doesnt even rate 4 stars on QVCs ratings.

My 22 year old daughter had to be referred to a Dermatologist after trying this ,and her consultant was horrified . He even asked what 'RUBBISH ' she been putting on her skin. So its back to Eve Lom for Miss Hutt.

DD has had to endure 3 sessions of cryothermy , each a month apart,and will still have to have more after using this product, so be WARNED if you think that these spots are caused by Liquid Gold drawing them out!

BTW there is an 18 week waiting list here for an initial Dermatology referral, but my sister is a nursing 'sister' at the Regional Dermatology outpatient department so DD was seen inside 8 weeks THANK GOD!!

OMG Jabba, what did it actually do to her skin? Will it be okay?

Too risky for moi methinks as I have THE most terribly sensitive skin, I cannot even wear a watch so shall be avoiding that, didn't realise it contained acid albeit a natural one :eek:

Just read this: (one of the ingredients)

Glycolic acid is a strong irritant.[4] Like ethylene glycol, it is metabolized to oxalic acid, which makes it dangerous if ingested

am glad I never bought any now, was tempted.

Last edited:

Oh Heather your poor DD!!!:eek::eek:

I have mild roseaca and wouldn't to be honest go near the stuff. I know if I try something and if the first sign of a spot coming I will stop it straight away.

MUQ I am surprised with your skin is so sensitive how you are able to use the Guerlain foundation????? All their cosmetics are highly perfumed and I couldn't use them I know. People with Lupus are allergic to UV light so have to wear spf I know but didn't mention being sensitive to products.

No one is saying it is dangerous, but G acid strips the skin that is how it works. That is what they use in salons for chemical peels, of course their's is much stronger. But if you use the Alpha H and suddenly spots come out, I would say that is the skin's way of saying stop. We all can get spots for various reasons but allergic reaction is one of them.

I remember it was always said oh go for a salon facial and you will get spots afterwards. Your skin is clearing its self out. Er, no its a reaction. Now they have stopped telling you that and are suppose to ask if you have problems etc.

Oh Heather your poor DD!!!:eek::eek:

I have mild roseaca and wouldn't to be honest go near the stuff. I know if I try something and if the first sign of a spot coming I will stop it straight away.

MUQ I am surprised with your skin is so sensitive how you are able to use the Guerlain foundation????? All their cosmetics are highly perfumed and I couldn't use them I know. People with Lupus are allergic to UV light so have to wear spf I know but didn't mention being sensitive to products.

No one is saying it is dangerous, but G acid strips the skin that is how it works. That is what they use in salons for chemical peels, of course their's is much stronger. But if you use the Alpha H and suddenly spots come out, I would say that is the skin's way of saying stop. We all can get spots for various reasons but allergic reaction is one of them.

I remember it was always said oh go for a salon facial and you will get spots afterwards. Your skin is clearing its self out. Er, no its a reaction. Now they have stopped telling you that and are suppose to ask if you have problems etc.

I agree Donna like I said in my earlier post if something brings me out in spots, when I normally don't get them, I stop using it because it doesn't agree with my skin. :rolleyes::(

Oh Jabba, I really hope your poor daughter is going to be OK. What I take away from your post and your DD's vicissitudes is that really everybody's different, and one person's miracle product may just as well turn out to be somebody else's worst nightmare, so caution whenever we put 'new' stuff on our skin and in our mouth is really the best policy. Best wishes to your daughter, Jabba, I really hope all will turn out well for her, and thanks for sharing her experience with us all.:)

Sorry Karina, but I have always thought that you are overusing this product. You are going directly against the manufacturer's directions, and in the long term this can't be good for your skin.

OMG:eek::eek:!!! That is awful, truly awful. I do hope her skin clears up and she has no future issues. Like Donna, I too have mild rosacea and I wouldn't dream of using this near my face. I only got diagnosed this year but have had very reactive skin since my early 20's and can't use anything too perfumed etc. I noticed on Monday they didn't really make any mention of sensitive skins in the last show of the day - I really do think QVC need to be more careful. It's all well and good telling people to patch tests. I've done that with other products (never used Alpha H), had no reaction in the place I tested it yet had a bad reaction on my face within 24 hrs.

I have to say, I do wonder about all these GA products on the market ... I wonder if they thin the skin over time? I know Dr Denese recommends using GA quite aggresively in her book (even for sensitive skins) but my face would literally fall off if I did that!

Anyway, like I said, I do hope your daughter's skin heals soon and she has no long term probs.

But if you use the Alpha H and suddenly spots come out, I would say that is the skin's way of saying stop. We all can get spots for various reasons but allergic reaction is one of them.

I totally agree Donna. The minute I start getting a spot or red lump, the product goes in the bin now. It's taken me ages to get my rosacea under control (and I still have some red/pink marks) and I do not want another flare up!

cupcake, are you the one that uses Korres??

I have rosacea, mildly, even before I had it I had to be careful what I used.

I am trying to work out the difference in the Moisturisers, Rose, etc.

cupcake, are you the one that uses Korres??

I have rosacea, mildly, even before I had it I had to be careful what I used.

I am trying to work out the difference in the Moisturisers, Rose, etc.

Yes I am! My skin is very happy with their range so I will stick with it.

I use the Wild Rose moisturiser and serum - it's for normal to dry skin and it makes your skin glow! I've also used the pomegrante one in the summer before which is great if you get any oily patches. I used to love the Wheat & Honey one too but don't use it any more. Am thinking of trying the Olive & Rye one next one (which is more anti-aging) as a night time cream.

I also use their cleansers and eye cream too (plus body products!).

If you click on 'our products', then 'product categories' on their site, it will give you more info about each cream etc - www.korres.com. Their CS are helpful if you email them too.

Alpha H is in this week's Grazia. The article is all about stripping down to using simple soluations for problems. It states Alpha H is for problem skin, acne, pigmation(sp) etc. So if you have these problems that is what it was created for. If you have lines and wrinkles or sensitive skin recommends other ranges more suited to these.

we are all forgetting that any range can give a bad reaction not just this range , no matter what its made of ,

MUQ - From reading the posts (which have been informative btw!), I don't think people are anti Alpha H as such. I just think they are worried that the spots etc people are getting could be a reaction. I broke out in red lumps (which started out small) within 24 hrs of using a new product earlier this year (which as I mentioned before, turned out to be rosacea). As one of the other posters said, people need to be aware that spots (regardless of what product you are using) aren't your skin purging. It's your skin saying 'whoa! stop what you're doing'. But if Alpha H works for you, which clearly it does, keep on keepin' on :)

If people are interested in trying Korres, my local TKMaxx has had some of their sets at quite reduced prices recently. I can't recall exactly what, but it might be worth checking your local stores for a bargain... :)

PG she started ,after one use ,with a single spot which developed into an area of hyperkeratinization which progressed into hyperkeratosis, which naturally required urgent cryosurgery.

I know that I am a nurse, with a science degree, but I'm sure that you understand these basics hun.

Her Consultant Dermatologist said that she would have done less damage using PAINT STRIPPER :eek::eek:

So please err on the side of caution :fume::fume:

Awww bless her, will it leave a scar or will it heal alright? She must have been terrified!

I have ordered some Liquid Gold, and am going to use it for three nights a week on its own, at bedtime i already use Liz earle so that will be ok wont it MUQ? I have very oily Skin

Last edited:

I no Jabba that sounds awful hope your daughter is getting on the mend.

But totally agree with you about Liquid Gold I used it for a while when it was a try me and it like it was stripping my skin :eek: and made my skin quite sensitive for a while and also it has the most disgusting smell so will stick to my usual LE regime from now on

Jane McDonald goes out with the drummer from Liquid Gold .... "Dance yourself Dizzy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back