laura geller christmas tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes it is a little drying and looks slightly powdery on me. I sometimes put a little superdrug illuminating moisture cream on my cheekbones, end of nose and chin just so I have a little bit of youthful shine.

Thanks for the info ILS but I`ll think I`ll give it a miss if it`s drying. I have mature dry sensitive skin and try to avoid anything which might dry it even more. That`s why I like the JW makeup because it`s light but moisturising.

It has just arrived - hurrah!!! So relieved it was not caught up in the Xmas overload. For some reason I had thought it was in one of her paper bags! but no it is a proper box.

The risk of buying in advance for me was whether the BB would be full size, and it is at 9g. The blush palette is 4.5g. The spackle is the normal 59ml and the lip gloss is a full size. That is just in case anyone is pondering whether to go for it before the shows explain the contents.

Just got mine delivered too :D It comes in a lovely box and i think its well worth the money for what your getting :) , just tried the BB and so far I like it , much easier than faffing with Barminerals, I will try the rest over the weekend. Without sounding like a QVC presenter, it would make a lovely gift for a close loved one ( not teacher or lollipop lady lol).

What's the blusher like if anyone tried it? It looks a bit dark/deep colour.
ps: I love the nude packaging and even the brush is colour coordinated - I just love attention to detail.

Just had a bit of a dabble and I thought the blush was very nice, and not too heavy, but then I rather like a good dash of colour!!!! On the lip gloss I would say that it is more of a Claudia Winkleman nude than the tube might suggest. Quite a matte pale effect in other words and not a caramelly nude. Now I rather like that but would deffo wear lipstick underneath and maybe even dab a bit of clear gloss on top.

Mine's just arrived, very quick delivery this time.
Haven't tried it yet but it all looks good.

What's the blusher like if anyone tried it? It looks a bit dark/deep colour.
ps: I love the nude packaging and even the brush is colour coordinated - I just love attention to detail.

The blush is darker than I would go for, and on its own is too dark for me, but as it's alongside the French vanilla highlighter in the pot I reckon swirling the two together tones it down enough to make it just right.
I:heart: the lipgloss.

Could anyone who's tried it tell me how shimmery the blusher is? I love the colours of LG blushers but a lot of them are way too shiny for me and make my pores look huge. I like matte and minimal shimmer ones.

Could anyone who's tried it tell me how shimmery the blusher is? I love the colours of LG blushers but a lot of them are way too shiny for me and make my pores look huge. I like matte and minimal shimmer ones.

If you prefer matte it's probably not going to be your fave - having said that it's not as shimmery as some other LG blushers.

If you prefer matte it's probably not going to be your fave - having said that it's not as shimmery as some other LG blushers.
Sounds like the satin blush range e.g. Bora-Bora one that I know of

What has Alison done to her hair tonight it looks very odd and how does LG pick her models they look full of botox and fillers and someone has got new lips for christmas.

What has Alison done to her hair tonight it looks very odd and how does LG pick her models they look full of botox and fillers and someone has got new lips for christmas.
:mysmilie_12::mysmilie_15: SO Funny!

My skin is normal but dry/Eczema prone... Im tempted as a LG virgin to test the TSV, but I tend to enjoy a dewy finish on face. Would the B & B deliver too much matte for my skin type? I really dislike Bare Minerals for this reason, and thinking LG B&B might be a similar finish? Also thinking of the product chemicals and scent? as my skin uses the slightest excuse to eczema flare up

AY seems to have gone for the Worzel Gummidge look to celebrate Christmas 2013
worzel[1].jpg

Last edited:

I hope its hair pieces AY has in otherwise I hope she didn't pay for someone to do that to her hair :O

:mysmilie_12::mysmilie_15: SO Funny!

My skin is normal but dry/Eczema prone... Im tempted as a LG virgin to test the TSV, but I tend to enjoy a dewy finish on face. Would the B & B deliver too much matte for my skin type? I really dislike Bare Minerals for this reason, and thinking LG B&B might be a similar finish? Also thinking of the product chemicals and scent? as my skin uses the slightest excuse to eczema flare up

AY seems to have gone for the Worzel Gummidge look to celebrate Christmas 2013
View attachment 9812

I'm not sure what to say. My skin is dry & flares up at the least hint of deciding something doesn't agree with it. There aren't many foundations I can get away with. B&B is one but bare minerals is another, I use both very sparingly so get a very light, natural look. I suppose that's the advantage with ordering from Q though, isn't it? You can at least send it back. I've lost count of the number bought from the high street that I have lurking in drawers. Another advantage for me is that the Porcelain is light enough where lots of brands' lightest shades are too dark.

I think the blush does look to be the same semi shiny as Bora Bora. Loving the Eyeshadows as the browns have no hint of orange in them, like many have, & the darkest shade is not overly shiny. The lipgloss is a bit pale on it's own for my pallid skin but will be good for brightening any too dark lipsticks I have.

I'd say that if Bareminerals regular foundation is too matte for you then B&B would be too; BM makes me look like the tin man if I overdo it, too much shimmer for me. (I haven't tried the matte BM foundation so can't comment on those)

If B&B is too matte on me I find the regular Blush & Brighten blushers add enough shimmer to highlight my cheek bones without adding shine all over. The effect on the models of the blush in the TSV looks like the more matte Blush & Brighten called "Down to Earth" which I often use. I hope the next TSV includes a proper blush & brighten (although I have nearly every one already) but they're the quickest way to add cheek colour and highlight in one quick application.

The lips were mentioned in the peresentation and AY said that they were real then followed with a statement that none of the models have had botox and followed by a cheeky wink.
I also noted AY hair but I was most surprised how her make up didn't suit her at all (the TSV set of course) and I had second thoughts about ordering my TSV, and I didn't like it on the models either and I thought that they were already made up before coming on.

I often think the models look made up before they get "made up", not just on LG shows. I was amazed how the lip gloss looked, all pink and shiny on the models when it was nothing like that on me. Finally they showed one with just the unadulterated lip gloss on and it was quite matte and pale so I was relieved I did not have a dud. I guess like I would they put it on most of them over a lipstick.

Re posts above, I did not find the blusher shimmery I have to say when I tried it and would definitely apply this highlighter or shimmer brick over it. But then that could just be cos I like a bit of shimmer!!!!!

Latest posts

Back