Kipling bags - what's the attraction?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a large collection of Kiplings. I like them for their practicality (washable, lots of pockets and bags of space - pardon the pun!), their bright, cheerful colours and the fact that they are lightweight to start with.

I like the monkeys too... but I'm a bit of a big kid! :)

I always tend to go for a leather bag (blame my mum:blush:) so never really got Kipling either. I had a change of heart after being on hols in Orlando a couple of years ago and I needed a small across body bag for the parks. I found a small Kipling in Macys sale for $25 and it was like a tardis as others have said.
It was really practical and when I got home it became my dog walking bag! Plenty of room for mobi, handwash, poo bags, tissues, dog treats, lead, purse etc..... and it can go in the washing machine. It also became a bit of a hit at dog training class and after a few weeks more Kiplings started to appear.

It didn't start me collecting them as I still have only one, but it's been well used and is so practical!:happy: I do have a handbag habit though:blush:

Well, I have three of 'em. All in black. My favourite is my 'Prep' bag, which got me through Uni, teacher training and serves as a wonderful laptop bag now. They've all been through the washer countless times and come out lovely. I sometimes do feel a bit scruffy with the handbags, but that's just me...the prep bag is amazing.

I must admit though, I recently purchased a new bag from Amazon from a company called 'EyeCatchBags' only cost me £7.95 and I've given it a hammering taking it here there and everywhere, and tbh found that I prefer it's look to the Kipling ones now...the quality is ok, considering it was such a low price.

I have to say that I was surprised to see Kipling being featured on QVC and the popularity. It used to be popular in Asia during the late 90s and is no longer 'IN'. The last time I was on holiday in Singapore, there was plenty of them in the bargain bin of one of the major department store. But then again, fashion brand does go in circle.

Now, if QVC stocks COACH or LeSportsac, I think I'll need to hide my bank card. LOL.

they are not for everyone I agree but I have a few and I like them, being light they are ideal to take on holiday,they usually have inside pockets to put a purse in so I always stick my money in that. I also think they are practical.
I got a really nice velvet one a bit back which is quite dressy and I tend to use the fabric ones for everyday

Good reasons to have a Kipling bag:

Lightweight.
Extremely practical, roomy, lots of pockets, I particularly like the keyleash.
Colourful.
Machine washable.
Hardwearing.
Secure (good strong zips, plenty of secure pockets for your purse).
Resaleable (on ebay when you get fed up of it, they always fetch a good price).
Perfect for hand luggage when flying.

They are fab, and I would not use any other sort of bag for work. My favourite style is the Defea/Delta.
Personally, I always remove the monkey and fasten a trolley coin to the link instead.

I have to say that I was surprised to see Kipling being featured on QVC and the popularity. It used to be popular in Asia during the late 90s and is no longer 'IN'. The last time I was on holiday in Singapore, there was plenty of them in the bargain bin of one of the major department store. But then again, fashion brand does go in circle.

Now, if QVC stocks COACH or LeSportsac, I think I'll need to hide my bank card. LOL.

COACH:clapping: Yes please and EP's:up2: Florida prices:bandit:

Move over...is there room for a little one behind your settee??? I "tried" to like them..but the fabric makes my skin crawl! I have ordered one becauseI love the colours...but the fabric was like nails down a chalkboard to me...it put my teeth on edge!

And.....theres an outlet village near me and the Kipling shop always smells like vomit....ewwwwww!!!!!

Having said that, I do like some of the colours but looks like I am sticking to trusty old leather bags!

Hehe! I'm with you CakeMate - Never fancied a Kipling (except with a cherry on the top) and I love leather bags too.
:tongue2:

having done the designer thing with bags many eons ago, enny ,mulberry, ivory, burberry being my favs i have to say they look good for a while but leather bags have a limited life span as the can just look worn after a while.
i am not a carefull person so need things around me that are well built and look good after many years of wear and tear.
kipling ticks all the boxes as they are practical and you can wash them and they do come with a 2 year guarntee as stated previously...
must admit i dont buy the basic range now but love the hip and the newer rock heaven ranges. the katie velvet and the morrisey are kipling classics and anyone who has them on the street to me look the part...very chic.. which to me looks amazing...as good as any £200 or £300 bag and i have yet to throw any away as they are indestructable!
i will always buy kipling specially the newer smarter ones!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

i am going to get kicked from pillow to post here but i find radley a bit too mumsy...
i am the wrong side of 40 i know but i feel like i would have to wear clothes like the queen wears..pastel fitted coat and low patent shoes (maybe not patent a bit risqe)
a bit twee and nice for me...
give me kipling rock heaven or black hip patent and a firetrap jacket,jeans and tea shirt...oh la la!!!!:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

The monkey is a complete no no, but I have a couple because they are light, strong, got lots of pockets and compartments and they can go in a washing machine. They are not a 'posh' bag but a functional one. I don't have a job where I go out and about or meet people very much so they are ideal for work for me. They are not a going out bag - but then again I rarely get to go out!

The Radley dog is just posh monkey IMO. Some of the Radley bags are lovely - some not, but could not be doing with dangle dog!

Saw Kipling bags for the first time irl in a Kipling shop on my holiday in Perugia last year and then again in a sale at Schiphol airport. Even then I thought they were incredibly expensive for a bit of canvas, so definitely not for me.

Somebody just mentioned LeSportSac! A Canadian friend of mine has them and I remember having something years ago. I have just been looking at their website. I'm surprised QVC doesn't sell them as they are an American company! (note to self: must stop using so many exclamation marks!!!)

To be honest, i never saw the fascintaion of kipling myslef. Much prefer leather for my every day bag but i have taken the plunge and opted for the Defea to take on holidays. Like all the pockets and body strap for security. I have not received it yet so i will keep you posted any any comments on this style welcome please!!

I love my kipling bags to. The Fairfax etc suit my casual wear in the studio. Great for everyday wear for me. I can pack so much in them. They are light as a feather (before I stuff them with loads of stuff that is!).
They come out of the washing machine pretty much as good as the day I bought them. I dont have to worry about getting a mark on there as it just gets tossed in the washing machine and hey presto ( I cant say that about leather bags which I save for best occasions).
Kipling bags are well made and well finished. I always can get to my keys no matter how flustered I might be. I cant lose my keys unless I lose the bag!
I'm a soppy b****r so I dont mind the fluffy monkey either!

They do come in some nice colours. Not enough nice colours though!
Hint Hint! Bring us some more deep jewel colours and rich colour mix funky patterns.
I like to match my bag with my accessories or vice versa.
Probably a borderline boring old f*rt who is 45 years and dont give a da*n no more.
So be it.

I love my kipling bags they are as most have said very lightweight and easily packed away too but I hate the monkeys I always sell mine on ebay but what's with the new season colours I've never seen some many blue bags with different names that look the same wish they would bring back a nice gorgeous purple colour really love the hip designs but my fave of the mo is the morrisey love the pockets and with a very useful make-up bag too

Latest posts

Back