God, I hate Kipling!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Agreed. I just got a few bits and bobs from Avon, including an epilator fot 14.99. I bet it's useless, but it may work long enough for me to decide whether to buy a better one in a few months time. I love eclectic. Expensive does not mean better. For me, better is if I like it and use it.

my first foray into the world of Kipling was via T K Max where I bought a small sky blue Kipling bag and used it on a day trip to London. It was fab, I got so much stuff in it including my paperback and it was so light and secure. After this I bought a few more and use them for work bags, its the lightweight and the organisation that make them so good imo. Also I do home visits in my job and some of the homes are maybe not as clean as they could be so I appreciate the fact that they can be washed. However as a bag fan they are not my only choice, its just that they have their place in my life. Would never use them as a going out bag, too utilitarian for my tastes, a going out bag should be pretty and non practical when you are out having fun!

I own one Kipling bag which I bought in Florida in an "emergency". Paid £30 ** equiv for it and matching larg-ish purse. I like it because it has no visible zips and is in a muted black and pink splodge. Cannot find the same style on QVC UK or Kipling's UK site. I use it only for holidays.

** I sold the monkey on E-Bay for a fiver, cutting the cost from £30 to £25. :taphead:

Linda xx

I caught a few mins of Debbie Greenwood on a Kipling show earlier and she was bleating on about how Kipling are good for "colour blocking". Yaawwnn. I thought that was the year-before-last's trend ?

I have a Kipling Defea that I use almost all day everyday. It's extremely practical , the organisation is great and it's not over heavy when I have all my stuff inside it. I own some nice leather bags that I'm unable to use because , when filled , I feel as if I'm in training for a weight - lifting contest !!!

I adore my Kipling foldaway shopping bag , that is also carried daily inside my Defea. I've also a grey velvet / velour Kipling handbag , which is nice but not as useful as the Defea because of the slight lack of space .
Personally I can't understand the desire to own dozens of bags ( Kipling or otherwise )as I can use only one at a time . Now jewellery is a different matter altogether !!!

I have two, both black, just different styles. They're very practical, good zips, and I love the key ring tab especially in the summer. The monkey gets ditched on arrival!

I like handbags. I own, I think, seven Kipling bags. I like them because of their casualness. You can put them on the floor and not worry.

I like their colours too and I think this is part of their appeal.

In addition though I have Tula, Radley, Tignanello and other good makes of bag in far more traditional styles and in soft soft leather.

Sadly, I hardly ever go anywhere to use them and after realising this and resigning myself to it I doubt I shall buy any more bags.

Life can be a bitch can't it?

I personally think Kipling bags are grossly overpriced. £40, £50 and even £60 for a canvas bag??

You could easily get a leather bag for those kind of prices in TK Maxx.

I wish I hadn't bought the kipling tsv now as I thought it looked useful but now don't think it will be. I will be sending my white one right back, unused, I think. However I have just received my 10 quid set of 3 Lori Greiner handbag inserts. Remember when bags didn't have a mobile phone pocket? I still have 2 such bags which now have a new lease of life. I can suddenly fit everything I need in my other bags too, and find it... My kiplings could become redundant very soon.

I have to say I have become a huge Lori Greiner fan. Great prices and great ideas as long as quality is good. I have the spinning cosmetics organiser and love it. It makes me use all my make up rather than leaving some unused. I buy much less make up now. I have the anti tarnish heart shaped trinket box for the silver stuff I wear every day. Love this too. Hoping I like the weekender case too, have just been thinking how much use it will get. I won't have to use the poxy ones at work now, you can remove the toilettry case after all. Sorry to go off on a tangent but I did mention kipling!

I agree with others that Kipling has 'lost its way' since employing new designers. In fact since Elaine (?) the guest who actually worked for the company left, (although its probably coincidence),the designs have been samey and the colours muddy and dark. I too was introduced to K about 10 years ago - never heard of 'em before, but then the range of design and colour was vast, and the ones I do have were bought all those years ago.

My cabin bag has seen the world with me, AND is one of the few in the range that has a flap at the back to put over the telescopic handle of a suitcase - havent seen any of those on Q for donkey's years.

I'm a fan of Lulu G but her large leather tote I bought in the sale, is so heavy even when empty that it rarely gets used.

Do you mean the palm beach vanity case Brissles? That has a flap to go over telescopic handles and is just brilliant. I got mine from kipling outlet.

Going back to the OP what's it for? That little (I presume it's little) bag. I didn't see the presentation but I don't see what it's supposed to be. Make up bag?!

I love handbags and have quite a few. I have the Eldorado cross body bag in black and pink, a White/purple patterned overnight bag and a pink "satchel" type bag I use most days to carry my netbook and stuff to and from the office. I would quite like one as a flight bag but I need to go to the outlet shop as I can't work out the sizes of the bags on QVC in my head.

I wouldn't carry one as an every day handbag though as they're too casual to my mind.

I do think they're expensive for what they are but having said that my office bag has been used and abused for a couple of years. And it's looks as good as new. And the huge bonus for carrying a netbook and bundles of paper, notepad, pens and all sorts of other crap is that the bag itself adds no weight and is as tough as old boots.

I love leather handbags whether high street or designer but I also like Kipling. I don't really understand why anyone would 300 handbags full stop let alone 300 from the same designer. Where I can see the appeal of buying multiple Kipling bags if they're your thing, is because of all the different colours and patterns.

It's one of those packs that contain 3 or 4 empty bottles in which to decant your shampoos, cleansers, moisturisers etc to go on holiday....you can pick up that sort of thing at Superdrug for a few quid..I even bought a pretty decent set in Poundland..only difference is it didn't have "Kipling" written on it!

I personally think Kipling bags are grossly overpriced. £40, £50 and even £60 for a canvas bag??

You could easily get a leather bag for those kind of prices in TK Maxx.

That's very true. I bought a gorgeous Osprey leather bag in TKaxc a couple of months ago for £35!

Do you mean the palm beach vanity case Brissles? That has a flap to go over telescopic handles and is just brilliant. I got mine from kipling outlet.

I know which one you mean, I think, only I have a real sturdy vanity case with the suitcase flap also in pale blue, but

No its a .............. Kipling Women's Kos M Duffel/Travelgear I bought the first one 6 years ago in a white with swirly silver pattern on, - still going strong. Then I bought a purple one on amazon (the only colour) as a backup. Absolutely brilliant. I have tried emailing the HQ of Kipling in this country for more info of these bags, but haven't got anywhere at all.

QVC appear to have stopped doing any of the variety of yesteryear, and stick to the same old cross body or grab bags. Shame.

I do have a soft spot for Kipling bags as they suit my lifestyle & can take abroad because they are light & easy to pack.Have also washed them on a cool wash & they have come up as new.Agree some of the prices do seem a bit steep & the range does not seem as varied as in the past in terms of fabrics,trims and colours.I know Q concentrates on the 'basic' range but have recently been in one of their shops in Belgium & thought the same there.I have ordered the TSV but if am not sure when it arrives will send back.
I am tired of Guest & Presenter going on & on about the Monkey's names ( I usually take them off, the furry ones certainly)

Looking at the printed guide for today, they are showing no less than SIX hours of Kipling in just 12 hours.
And what did they give to Tula Handbags last Wednesday.........ONE hour. :mysmilie_503:

Talk about Kipling overload, QVC must be getting a good mark up on this pricey range

I've got several Kipling bags and I love them! Practical, lightweight, secure, washable, resaleable. What's not to like?

Sacha I watched some of the Tula hour and there was a cross body bag similar to one I already own. I have had it since 1999! And for a good few years I used it every single day along with a larger handbag when I worked in London. It's still in good condition, not perfect obviously. But it really did remind me what fantastic quality Tula bags are. I think Tula is owned by the same company as Ri2K. Another brand I've bought and loved.

And thanks for explaining what the OP picture was. And no I flipping well would not pay that price for what it actually is.

It's one of those packs that contain 3 or 4 empty bottles in which to decant your shampoos, cleansers, moisturisers etc to go on holiday....you can pick up that sort of thing at Superdrug for a few quid..I even bought a pretty decent set in Poundland..only difference is it didn't have "Kipling" written on it!

Send it to me and for £50 I will write 'Kipling' and a circle on it for you..:cheeky:

I have one Kipling now, a Defea in black. I did have a jacqueline but gave it to my sister who was madly in love with it!) However I have just ordered the one time only Alban in the blue which I have always wanted. As as mad handbag freak I do have loads and loads, but the pleasure for me is all different styles and sizes and makes - so I would never have a huge collection of just Kipling. I usually have a favourite handbag for Autumn, Winter, etc. but these are not new ones, I choose one from my collection and really enjoy using it for that season. When I go out for the evening I always use a different bag from my everyday bag, because its part of the process of going out (mad I know!) - and then I'll have a huge clearout once or twice a year.
If we all lived nearer we could have a handbag party, and do swaps - maybe we could do that once or twice a year in the drop, what do you think - set a date and list your bags?

Latest posts

Back