God, I hate Kipling!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know which one you mean, I think, only I have a real sturdy vanity case with the suitcase flap also in pale blue, but

No its a .............. Kipling Women's Kos M Duffel/Travelgear I bought the first one 6 years ago in a white with swirly silver pattern on, - still going strong. Then I bought a purple one on amazon (the only colour) as a backup. Absolutely brilliant. I have tried emailing the HQ of Kipling in this country for more info of these bags, but haven't got anywhere at all.

QVC appear to have stopped doing any of the variety of yesteryear, and stick to the same old cross body or grab bags. Shame.

Ooo I love the Kos Travel tote. I've been looking for ages for a lightweight travel/cabin type bag with a trolley sleeve and spotted the Kos in purple on Amazon. I really wanted a black one though and eventually sourced one at RTherapy - it's discontinued at Kipling. It's great - took it on hol recently and was v pleased with it. I also do quite a few longish train trips in the year and like a big bag with me for a pashmina/scarf and and extra layer of clothing as well as the usual stuff. I'm always freezing as the air con whistles down your neck. I can put a small handbag inside it too and then it sits on my case to wheel along. QVC has nothing like this in its range - big mistake I think.

Other than that I have a Breezer, a Bora and couple of Jeel bags, one dark and one light coloured - bought the second off Ebay as it's now discontinued. I like them for travel and outdoor events as they are so light and practical, but they don't replace my leather bags for going out. Can't see me buying more, though I do fancy the Uki large purse.

I have 2 no idea what the names are. The first one I got years back and it came with a huge purse was very good vfm and it is still going strong. I ordered the OTO Defea today as I liked the look of it and I like the monkeys and so do my kids.

Well who knew! The overnight bag I have is the Kos!! I didn't have a clue what the name was. It's too big for me to use as hand luggage and I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed either but if there's a smaller version (which there clearly is) that may well be the answer to my flight bag search.

I have 2 no idea what the names are. The first one I got years back and it came with a huge purse was very good vfm and it is still going strong. I ordered the OTO Defea today as I liked the look of it and I like the monkeys and so do my kids.

I hope you love it, I wouldn't be without mine - let us know what you think when it arrives, because when I first got mine I thought 'oh no it isn't big enough' but when I put my bits and pieces in it (incl the kitchen sink) it puffed out and looks much better.

Well who knew! The overnight bag I have is the Kos!! I didn't have a clue what the name was. It's too big for me to use as hand luggage and I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed either but if there's a smaller version (which there clearly is) that may well be the answer to my flight bag search.

Tinks are you sure its the KOS you have, because the Kos I have is the perfect size for cabin/hand luggage. I'm not able to post a picture, but if you go on Amazon and type in Kipling Kos it should come up.

I like Kiplings because they come in a wide variety of colours and you can wash them and empty they are light. Thats the fabric ones but I also own two leather ones I would not dream of attempting to wash.

I bought the Kipling Brownie Large Wallet 2 months ago - from Amazon - and it cost me £11.99 delivered !! I saw it on the Kipling show yesterday for £30, so I got a great deal and it really is a lovely purse, loads of room for cards and 2 great photo parts.

I see the cheapest one on Amazon today is £18.45 but it is still better than £30, which I would never pay for a purse, especially one that's not leather.

Tinks are you sure its the KOS you have, because the Kos I have is the perfect size for cabin/hand luggage. I'm not able to post a picture, but if you go on Amazon and type in Kipling Kos it should come up.

Mine's the Kos M, Tinkerbelle. RTherapy have got a vid of it, if that helps. Like Brissles, I'd say it was perfect for hand luggage.

Mine is definitely the Kos but looking on t'internet it's looks like is the Kos L which I presume is the large. They have in on Amazon in the purple and White floral pattern that I have. The size and style is fab but mine is definitely too big for hand luggage. I think it's about half the size again of the Kos M.

Kipling

I saw the Kipling show's - and although I really love Kipling for the lightness and versatility and organisation, I would not pay some of their extortionate prices for some of their items. Like other's have said - they do stay in good condition and when I decide I want another bag I always sell one on ebay and get a fair price for it as it still looks like new. I have a Morrisey in purple which holds loads and I bought specifically for the colour lol... however, I prefer to use the longer strap ones so that I have a choice of whether to use it on the shoulder or across body. I have just bought a new one from Secret Sales which was reduced from £69 to £29 and is the New Leah in coated black and is gorgeous and has a jointed metal monkey and is from their City range and not the basic so it doesn't look too casual. I also have a couple of leather Kiplings which are smaller sized and of which I got from ebay as I am not paying QVC prices for them. Having said that, I do own other make bags - ie, Radley and a couple of Tignanello (Ellie) bags.
QVC do far too many Kipling shows, but then again I could say that about a lot of the show's they do lol....

I would love to see the Kos L in the 'flesh' cos (?) it looks exactly the same size as mine -checked it on the internet - only in a different pattern.

You could be right Brissles. All I know is that the one I have is far too big for what I want as hand luggage. I'd love something about 2/3rds of the size. So if the Kos only comes in the size I already have then I'm still on the search.

I could get everything I wanted as hand luggage in my Kos but it wouldn't be anything like full.

Oh well at least I do know what I've got now.

I have some Kipling luggage and I love it, really sturdy and yest lightweight. I think Kipling is overpriced at full price but if you can drop on a bargain then it is good. So far all my stuff has held up well.
I love The Bridge and Mulberry for best but for every day with jeans / casual I do like Kipling cross body and I also like the rucksacks

JBD - I haven't seen a reference to TheBridge on here before. When I lived in Austria, it was so very popular, especially the ManBag! I checked their prices only earlier today. Q had the Kipling BrownieLargeWallet in leather and that prompted me to look for alternates. Brownie is fab though!

my least fav kipling is the fairfax. too many small pockets and the dreaded velcro. the side packets are difficult to open with the zip..

I have 4 kiplings which I love! Last one bought was Escalor for £11 on amazons ~black friday~ deals...excellent for trips to parks with the grandies, I use the front pocket as purse...but did notice the credit card slots on the tsv seemed similar to my Escalor in so much as they only cover half a credit card/pass, so on my bag I only use the bottom slot which allows full coverage, the others are way to shallow for my cards to be in, would be worried they could fall out.

daydreamer

Brissles the Kos L is bigger. Mine measures roughly 44x18x34. According to the Kipling website the Kos M is 36x20x31.5. But it's not that much smaller. So I still think the Kos M would be too big for what I want.

I don't know if they even still do the Kos L but on some websites the sizes for the Kos M vary quite widely.

I shall have to get my mitts on one to really know one way or the other.

I hope you love it, I wouldn't be without mine - let us know what you think when it arrives, because when I first got mine I thought 'oh no it isn't big enough' but when I put my bits and pieces in it (incl the kitchen sink) it puffed out and looks much better.

Will do Speckledhen thanks.

Brissles the Kos L is bigger. Mine measures roughly 44x18x34. According to the Kipling website the Kos M is 36x20x31.5. But it's not that much smaller. So I still think the Kos M would be too big for what I want.

I don't know if they even still do the Kos L but on some websites the sizes for the Kos M vary quite widely.

I shall have to get my mitts on one to really know one way or the other.

I am glad we are getting to grips with this, because I ordered my original Kos (didn't know if it was L or M) about 6 years ago, in the silvery swirly pattern that came out around the same time as your lilac and white, and its been everywhere with me. When I decided to get another one as a backup, I had the devils own job in finding one. Then I spotted one recently on Amazon in purple. It looked the same so I sent for it. HOWEVER, despite it being the same design, it seemed to be just a teensiest bit smaller, and these bags aint the easiest to measure, so I was never certain whether I had got the same bag, but because there was the flap on the back to go over the suitacase handle I kept it.

You are right though, the Kos seems to be rarer than a hen's tooth (in England anyway). I enquired with Kipling HQ in England, but was told nothing basically. Its a shame if they have stopped doing these type of bright prints and these designs of bags, because they are far more useful for travelling.

I hope you are successful in getting the size you want. If you want to offload your Kos L I would be interested.

Latest posts

Back