Joan Collins Beauty Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good old Joan. I saw some of the hour with Pipa and found it well pitched. I'd watch her any day over Lulu. She's a good hand and seems as down to earth as someone in her position could hope to be. I think she should stick to make up though (and jewellery would be good). The skincare bit seemed a bit of an afterthought. The business of removing the cleanser with a tissue or bit of cotton wool before toning is very dated now and doesn't work well at all. Dwelling on skincare invites too many awkward questions. Best stick to the glam bits.

Don't know who her sidekick was but he seemed a really sweet old fashioned gent.

I thought something had been done to the lighting. Not soft focus but really bright. Even Pipas teeth were dazzling me.

I thought Joanie and Pipa came across well and I liked the makeup chap too!

Thought the red lipstick and gloss on Pipa looked great.....wish I could wear that shade.

It reminded me of Tovas makeup range, which I thought was very good.......the only face powder I have EVER been able to wear!!

And great to see the foundation in warm and cool shades.......as someone without a hint of yellow in my skintone, its so hard to find something that suits my pinky/blue pale skin.

Yeah I too enjoyed the 2pm hour. She seemed to know her stuff our Joanie. Got a glass of Chardonnay chilling for the 10pm hour.

Kudos to Joan
I thought although a little too much black eyeliner (one of her traits) She came across very well, and it was refreshing to be time-warped back, cosmetically to the 'traditional'

Sadly this look is very diva-ish/theatrical now, if worn full-whack, and would probably be in the make up kit of a guy who does a fantastic Marilyn Monroe stage act
That said, I think its nice for the young people to have a taste of the way cosmetics were, the days of when the choice was red, pink or clear for nails or lips. I agree with the name stamping on the compact - thats a shame. Would have much preferred the stratton style enamel-esque style, but not her full name.

Customers are paying enough. The customer paying to continue to advertise her product is wrong!
Why not go the whole hog and have stamped 'Joan Collins bought from QVC' :mysmilie_11:

I guess this will be more of a hit than Joans failed earlier Jewellery mission at QVC. I wonder how she can expand on her range though? Not many avenues to go down regarding variety. I guess she could start a wig range. (seriously)

Yeah I too enjoyed the 2pm hour. She seemed to know her stuff our Joanie. Got a glass of Chardonnay chilling for the 10pm hour.

Thanks I didn't know she was on at 10pm.. now where is my Chanel Boucle Jacket complete with shoulder pads ... I wonder if Lesley Phillips make up artiste extrodinaire will be back on
'Oh I say'

Last edited:
Alison Keenan on the 10pm show looks fab! Dont think I have ever seen her looking so well!

Her hair looks really nice!

Last edited:
There`s one good thing about having Joanie on Q. She certainly seems to be bringing out the glamour in the presenters. Both Pipa and Alison have looked the part, very diva- ish.

I think Joan is great. I am enjoying the show tonight. I think those foundations look great, but don't need to buy any. The one criticism I have is the "too much make up" look that is obviously Joan's signature. Personally I stick to the rule that you either play up the eyes or the lips, never both. Bright red lipstick is something I never feel comfortable in. The diva look is more china doll/drag queen to me. Notice Ali Keenan has a bright lippy but neutral eyes. She looks lovely.

I agree, I think Ali K looks lovely tonight and it has been any easy show to watch, which makes a pleasant change, don't think I will be buying though, I will be interested in what the reviews are like, let's hope it doesn't end up in last clicks at some point

A softening lens on the cameras might be suspected!

I think they refer to it as the 'honey' lens

I agree, I think Ali K looks lovely tonight and it has been any easy show to watch, which makes a pleasant change, don't think I will be buying though, I will be interested in what the reviews are like, let's hope it doesn't end up in last clicks at some point
My thoughts too - I havent made a purchase but will await the reviews with interest!!

I'd like to hear more from the lovely makeup artist. He had certainly made AK look stunning.
Seeing warm and cool foundation is a good thing, but they moisturise, so would be too rich for me.
Unsuitable lipsticks (nothing wrong with the colours, just completely awful on my colouring!).

Pity Joan's eye makeup had been troweled on. It completely obscured the colour of her eyes. Did she do it herself? If so, someone needs to up the prescription on her reading glasses!

All in all, entertaining, but not a range that will set me buying!

You all can't have very good definition on your television screens or you would have seen that this Joan Collins range looked very cakey and dry indeed. Alison looked pretty enough but both her skin and that of the demonstration models looked very powdery. They all looked very dated, very dated indeed. Joan looks good for a woman of her advanced years but to be honest I wouldn't think much of meeting up with an 81 year old in my town who had that much make up on. All right for an old actress but not for a common or garden, everyday look. I wonder what she looks like without any make up though. I doubt actually that she is ever seen, even by her husband without any at all.

Yes I flicked over in a few ad breaks of Elementary. I agree Gem Genie, very cakey and powdery. Now could have been because the makeup artist used the thin silly little pad which came with the powder, he was just dabbing and dabbing and dabbing over and over. A large powder brush gives a light veil so might look better with that. Oh and I am sure it contains talc which does look cakey and goes into any lines you might have. Most makeup artist brands do not use it now as all. Nars reflecting powder has a seaweed ingredient with gives a slow glow without cakey, Hourglass Ambient Powders don't use it either.

Then the eyeshadow, looked cheap, but again he was using the stupid little sponge and brush with the it. Never use them, throw them out as they are useless, getting some nice brushes is not expensive.

It`s old school makeup techniques which Joanie would have done from being a young starlet. Powder over everything ! The matte look with red lips and heavy eye makeup was the only makeup which stood out when movies were made in black and white and for a while it carried on when movies were made in colour.
That`s fine with a light brush but those foam pads are lethal because they apply such a thick layer of powder. Talc is something my skin won`t tolerate and even the likes of Tarte and Laura Geller stick it in their products and in large quantities too because it`s at the top of the list of ingredients. I personally like the retro look but only if less cakey. I don`t suit red lippy, nor does heavy face powder do me any favours but my skin is no longer smooth and youthful lol.

I read in the paper that Joanie was in Italy last week 'pushing' her range of cosmetics (QVC Italy ???) - which I think would more suit the Italian ladies type of make up. Thinking Gina Lollobridgover here.

I really enjoyed both shows yesterday but the products are definitely not for me. I seriously thought that the models 'after' photo looked worse than the 'before'. The make up looked really chalky and old fashioned like something you would wear in the eighties. They certainly didn't give you that healthy 'glow' that I like. I'll be sticking to my Clinique I think.

Latest posts

Back