Joan Collins Beauty Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wonder if this range is made by Estée Lauder?

The packaging with the ribbed gold lids reminded me of EL and I heard the make up artist bloke described as working for EL and he later mentioned how "we are so happy to be working with Joan to create the range" (or words to that effect).

I agree that it's not a modern looking range, but I guess the classic reds and pinks reflect Joanie herself. Not really for me, but I can see the sort of classic glamour look they're aiming at.

Doubt it. EL only buy up large well established companies now. Sorry but Joanie's range is too down market for them.

Doubt it. EL only buy up large well established companies now. Sorry but Joanie's range is too down market for them.

True, though this is such a tiny range, maybe it's just a collaboration with Joan.

Even the fonts used on the cards they put up showing the lipstick colours were definitely written in an EL font and style and with the makeup artist from EL and his comments, I'm still a little suspicious...!

Probably just a very good copy of their style though!

The distributers are Richards & Appleby, the same people who distribute Leighton Denny. I think they may be the manufacturers too but it is done in Italy not here.

The distributers are Richards & Appleby, the same people who distribute Leighton Denny. I think they may be the manufacturers too but it is done in Italy not here.

Those poor Italian artisans are getting a lot of work lately, i hope they are getting paid overtime.

There is a Joan Collins Timeless Beauty website with all the range available. I think Joannie is fab. A true icon!

I'm not sure, an icon of what ?

I watched her tonight in a 2001 movie called 3 Old Broads, with Shirley McLaine & Debbie Reynolds - it was dire. Shirls & Debs weren't brilliant, but its was patently obvious why Joanie never made the grade as an A list actor, she was painful to watch. It must have been made around the time she got her new teeth, as she kept sucking her cheeks in, the way people do when they've got a new plate in.

Nevertheless, in some quarters she will be regarded as a 'national treasure' for her ability to re-invent herself, just like that other one............old watsiname.......... um Barbara Windsor (now where's her line of jewellery, face creams and slap I wonder ?)

I once read an article about the early days of Hollywood and the casting couch mentality. So many young women wanted to make it into films and often took drastic measures to have the desired look of the times. High cheekbones and hollowed cheeks were much sought after. Plastic surgery such as it was at that time was unaffordable to many, as was cosmetic dentistry so some very young women often only in their teens actually had all their back teeth pulled out to give them the hollow cheeked look they wanted and to make their cheekbones look more prominent. I wonder what drastic measures Joanie took to become a starlet ?

Thanks I didn't know she was on at 10pm.. now where is my Chanel Boucle Jacket complete with shoulder pads ... I wonder if Lesley Phillips make up artiste extrodinaire will be back on
'Oh I say'

Ha! I knew he reminded me of someone! Ding Dong indeed! He does seem a really characterful creature. The two models on the initial Pipa fronted hour seemed to have a bit of the giggles every time their eyes met. I wonder what they could have found so funny? There was one point whereby he was at his station and turned around and almost knocked one of the models off their high stools so he may be somewhat of a klutz dunno? Definitely one to watch in the future! Good on Joanie for employing someone clearly over 50 though!

Must just be me then. He seems a really lovely person and all...but I can't put my finger on it. He seemed a bit odd to me. Maybe he was just the most unlikely make up artist I have ever seen.

I once read an article about the early days of Hollywood and the casting couch mentality. So many young women wanted to make it into films and often took drastic measures to have the desired look of the times. High cheekbones and hollowed cheeks were much sought after. Plastic surgery such as it was at that time was unaffordable to many, as was cosmetic dentistry so some very young women often only in their teens actually had all their back teeth pulled out to give them the hollow cheeked look they wanted and to make their cheekbones look more prominent. I wonder what drastic measures Joanie took to become a starlet ?

Ah YES ! excellent bit of info there Vienna ! What you say, describes Joanie to a T ! and she always speaks like she is sucking on a lemon, so that could well be the answer.

Also, she may well advocate that staying out of the sun has helped her skin (not exactly rocket science), but lets be honest, who else at 80 has her unblemished skin with the partying lifestyle she has had, without having had work done ? Makes me wonder what sort of Spitting Image puppet there would have been of her.

My fav shade is Asia by Rimmel, - a pinky nude colour, but suits my colouring and age.

Have never felt 'right' in red lipstick,, and have only used it when treading the boards in Amdram, where all make up has to be accentuated.

Same here Brissles. I never wear red except in Amdram too. I prefer glosses really but Mally does a nice natural nude (when it's in stock) and Avon have a few I like. Used to wear Clinique "creamy nude" all the time but it had no staying power.

Whoops, I seem to be out of fashion. I'm wearing reds, oranges and hot pinks far more recently when before I rarely strayed from very nude shades.

I`m a lipstick diva and even though I rarely wear face makeup or eye makeup, I always wear a slick of lippy. Consequently I own far too many and in most shades under the Sun but the one colour I love in the tube but never ever wear, is a bright red. It makes me look as if I suffer from high blood pressure and I simply don`t suit it. I like to see it on women who have a well made up face but with minimal eye makeup. I`m old school and always think it should be prominent eyes or prominent lips but not both together.

Also, she may well advocate that staying out of the sun has helped her skin (not exactly rocket science), but lets be honest, who else at 80 has her unblemished skin with the partying lifestyle she has had, without having had work done ? Makes me wonder what sort of Spitting Image puppet there would have been of her.

Wonder no more!

image.jpg

People just wear what you like. Do not let newspapers or magazine dictate what is in trend and you must wear.

I cannot wear red as I said before, but again cannot wear very pale as I looked washed out. MAC Half n Half or Velvet Teddy are my idea of nudes for me. I hate lip gloss, it looks lovely in the tube but I have good colour on my lips so the minute it goes on, I do not get any colour from it just shiny lips.

Same newspaper printed an article at the beginning of the year saying it was the year of red lips. They're just filling column inches.

There are hundreds of shades if lipsticks out there from nudes to plums and they all sell.

Never one to be put off buying by a celebrity endorsement I ordered a couple of products from Joanie's range and have had mixed success: I ordered the foundation in "cool fair" 205750 and I have to say it's a lovely texture and didn't require powder to take down shine or to "set" it but equally powder worked on top without clumping. It didn't apply well over LG's Spackle and I got a little pilling and rolling off. BUT the colour was all wrong! I'm a light most ranges including bareMinerals but to counteract jaundice which I suffer with periodically I've started to opt for cooler foundations and the results have been better than opting for the more obvious yellow-based shades. Well my first though was that I'd been sent entirely the wrong colour, and this may still be true. Firstly, it's not fair but closer to a Medium liquid foundation and it's also completely yellow! Not just a neutral beige but yellow. I tried it but looked poorly and also had a definite "tide mark" at the jaw-line because it's way too deep for me! So did I receive a warm medium by mistake? Its label says cool fair. It's going back.

So the second item was also a likely return at first test. I got the powder compact with lipstick 205753 in Fontaine which is a vibrant pink. Now I tried the lipstick at the same time as the foundation and looked blummin awful but as I'm parceling up the foundation to return it I thought I'd try the lippy again with my usual face and it's fine. Clearly the horrendous yellow of the foundation looked really bad with a blue-base pink! The bullet is a good shape, no annoying flavouring or scent and a great pay-off. The pressed powder is nice and finely milled (has talc though if that's a problem for you) so I'm keeping this and if all the lipsticks in the range fit in this compact I'll be v pleased and will probably order more.

There's a "scratch n sniff" card in each package to test the "I am Woman" perfume which is pleasant enough but I can't understand why QVC UK don't do this more often. I know QVC US includes samples of other products with some beauty purchases.

Latest posts

Back