Joan Collins Beauty Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just seen her doing the promo, and she looked as if she was performing an audition!

Joan does look fantastic in a "bygone era" kind of way. Like Tova. Not my style though. I bet the line sells out nevertheless.

Regardless that Q shifts stock off the shelves, and I have spent thousands with them over the years, I do feel that Celebrity endorsed products on Q smacks of desperation, otherwise why wouldn't 'Joanie' sell her no doubt 'amazing' products in Harrods ?

Looking at the stuff on the website, Q have kept the prices around the usual £25 average - which means the actual product costs around tuppence a bucketful before packaging and profit are added on.

My money is safe (anyway, I can't afford to eat at the moment after forking out for the 30 day Elemis system !!!!!!)

I wonder if old Joany will try to get her wig range on Q next? I'm not joking she does have a wig range out now 'a la Raquel Welch

Pippa is on with Joan tomorrow at 2pm. Pippa was wearing Joan Collins nail color and foundation on the Yankee hour today and looked great.

Seeing her stuff reminds me of playing with my Mum`s handbags and the items on her dressing table. Red lipstick, powder compact, red or pink nail polish, fancy perfume spray with a squeezy bit at the end etc. Joanie is trying to play on the old Hollywood era much the same as Penhaligons pefume sales have rocketed since they`ve been seen on Mr Selfridge and dab on perfume sales amongst other retro items increased after the Downton series.
People like to go back in time to when they perceive everything had class or quality.
She`s trying to make us think of perfectly stockinged legs under a wide skirted tea dress with neat little bag over our arm and powdering our shiny noses from a cute little compact and admiring red cupid bow lips.

Yes sadly, Joanie is attempting to sell a lifestyle - but she hasn't got a hope in hell. Dressing Up is no longer on the radar for most of the great unwashed of this Country.

Going to the theatre, the doctor, visiting a hospital patient, going out to dinner, most of the under 50's males don't even wear a clean shirt to these events, let alone dress up ! Its badly fitting T shirts, football shirts and anoraks, and women aren't much better. In which decade did all style go out of the window ?????

I reckon that people these days dress smartly for work (depending on the job/profession), church, a posh restaurant or church/christening/other religious function or wedding, job interview (although I am even starting to doubt that).

The rest of the time(and I speak as a working mum-previously single working person-with -a-social life) we just want to relax, be comfortable and be ourselves without any pressure to conform to what is expected by others. I am sure many of us wash, we just like to dress fairly casually unless the occasion or venue commands otherwise. If it doesn't command it-they get jeans and sweater from me.

Does anyone actually believer that Joan uses the foundation , powder ., nail polishes etc ? Coz I bet she has never even seen them before she turns up a Q.

What a shame Joan won't be doing this live on air on Wednesday, similar product presentation to the before & after of Models Prefer (YBF) Stacey ..

A clip from this VHS video tape
VCR TAPE

Last edited:
One of her revolutionary items, is a crystal mirror. With her name emblazoned across the front of it! Why would any woman, sitting in a restaurant perhaps, want to take out a compact mirror, with the name of a celebrity on it? Doesn't exactly scream class, does it? How narcissistic is Joan Collins? Or is it the organ grinder who has the final say, with Joan just putting her name to it? At least Simon Wilson doesn't pretend to be anyone other than who/what he is, and his jewellery/accessories reflect that.

What a shame Joan won't be doing this live on air on Wednesday, similar product presentation to the before & after of Models Prefer (YBF) Stacey ..

A clip from this VHS video tape
VCR TAPE

Ta for that I think it is amongst the most bizarre bit of tv I ever did see. Michael Parkinson trying to ask serious questions about make-up whilst Joan went about applying a full-on whack of theatrical-slap.

It really wasn't from that long ago but talk about a different era! That is Joan's use of Paint Brushes, Eye Liner to line her lips, eyes and brows! Mascara on the brows too! No bronzers either just the remnants of the blusher swept over the forehead.

She looks so much like her daughter Tara as this was filmed when Joan still had her natural teeth.

I found it quite ironic that Joan was going on about certain Woman getting stuck in a rut make-up wise, and endlessly re-creating the look of yesteryear. Um pot, kettle, black Joanie.

Now, if they did a show with Joany, Tova, Lulu & Joan Rivers together that might be worth watching!

That show would be something to see that's for sure, and with AY presenting it? good grief.....NO.

Joan does look fantastic in a "bygone era" kind of way. Like Tova. Not my style though. I bet the line sells out nevertheless.

Yes I agree she does. Her look is very dated for now though. I prefer my makeup to look more natural rather than Joans very obvious style.

So good to see some definite lip colours for a change. Nudes and soft naturals have their place but I love a lippy colour with a bit of ooomf! I also like the packaging as it reminds me of the cosmetics my mum had back in the 60s.

Credit to Pipa for hosting the the first JC hour without resorting to sycophancy and allowing Joan to speak without endless stock updates or repetition of the item numbers.

I started watching thinking I would be very cynical about it all but Joan came over as very friendly and natural, not the hard sell, even had the odd joke, one about looking like a panda! Pippa seemed a bit excitable at first and I suspect Joan might have wondered what is was on but did calm down. Products looked good and great to see matching lipstick and nail varnish.

Felt a bit sorry for one of the models; she was just sat there not doing anything.

I liked the old fashionedness of it all, that's not even a word I know. The shape of the nail polish bottles was lovely, and I never wear it. The make up artist was a delight, no shrieking and shouting, or trying to be trendy. I'll be watching tonight as well, just hope Alison Keenan doesn't take over the show, talking non stop.

It reminded me a little of seeing make up demonstrations in department stores, a long time ago when I was a teenager. The cosmetics counters were fabulous back then, so glamorous, and always with older glamorous assistants behind the counters. Some were a bit intimidating to a young me, but their counters drew me like a magnet.
My first make up was from Woolworths though, lol.

Yup I can remember the days when most lipsticks came in gold cases, every woman owned a powder compact ( usually a Stratton ) and almost all nail polishes had long pointy tops. Along with shop assistants who gave you a chiffon scarf to tie around your neck when trying on clothes, the smell of Max Factor creme puff everywhere because it was an iconic face powder which I believe is having a big revival and makeup counters in large stores where wonderful.

Latest posts

Back