Joan Collins Beauty Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's the same age as my mother!
Wow.
My mother has always been a sun worshipped, but looked fantastic until about 5 years ago, when the sun damage suddenly caught up with her. Now she's a toal convert to Decleor, and looking fab again.

So I guess I agree the it is perfectly possible for JC to look that good, with makeup, at her age.

I would much prefer if she were selling copies of her jewellery, however, I always admired her signature red lipstick and there's a lipstick in the new beauty items thread that Ian has put up recently

I caught a glimpse of ITV commercial tonight and it seems that Joan Collins will be in the new Benidorm series and may be appearing from next Thursday but I have missed the last bit so not sure when she will be appearing.

I saw the commercial again tonight and I now heard it properly - Joan will be appearing in tomorrow's episode of Benidorm at 21.00 on ITV

I received this today
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joan Collins is coming to QVC!

Photo http://blogs.qvcuk.com/.a/6a00e54eff2704883401a3fcc6a691970b-popup

Joan CollinsThe QVC cast just got classier as we welcome, the one and only, Joan Collins!

Don’t miss Joan’s premiere on Tuesday 4th March at 2pm!

Known worldwide for her glamour and talent, the actress has starred in classics such as ‘Dynasty’ and ‘Decadence’, as well as modern day successes like ‘Will and Grace’.

Adding to her impressive Hollywood CV, Joan is now joining QVC with her own range!

To find out more about Joan’s latest career adventure, grab this week’s You magazine, with you-know-who as the front cover star! Read the brilliant interview to find out more about Joan and why she’s joining us!

And here’s the date to add to your diary Tuesday 4th March at 2pm

Wasn't fussed about her one way or another until she came on the Q trailers to wish us a happy Xmas and spent it all telling us to buy her book - didn't like that at all.

My feelings exactly. Between the two Collins sisters, I have to say that the one who rates higher in my estimation, both personally and professionally, is Jackie. She really is class personified.

My feelings exactly. Between the two Collins sisters, I have to say that the one who rates higher in my estimation, both personally and professionally, is Jackie. She really is class personified.

Isn't it funny how different people see different things, because l would say the opposite. To me, Jackie is a typically fake Hollywood-type who writes trash, while Joan is the one with the class.

I admire the Collins sisters work ethic. I mean at Joanie's age wouldn't you choose to retire to a nice place in the sun and just chill out. But no Joan is still on the go with one woman shows, books and the like. Now she is branching out to include her own range of wigs and this new qvc venture. Jackie is still churning out the books too. You have to admire that. She is pro-active creating her own jobs and opportunities rather than just using her fame to get money from appearing on TV shows like Celebrity Jungle/BB etc.

In fairness I think Joan needs to work to generate an income to sustain her lifestyle and maintain her homes in London and elsewhere. She does not have the wealth her sister has accumulated from her novels. What's more she is honest about this admitting a few years back that it was with regret she had to sell her beloved New York apartment as she could no longer afford to keep it on.

You never see her look anything but extremely well turned out which at any age is not easy to maintain.

That said this whole coming to qvc thing is a bit "Oh Lulu has been a success who else can get on board to flog some ant-ageing slap?" Which is fine as long as there is an honesty there. I just hope she doesn't come on air with some contrived back story as to the reason for this venture a la Lulu and her skin-care kitchen concocting. It is a business venture to make money for Joan and add a bit of Glamour to qvc.

For the record Joan uses a Lancôme night cream on her face and has done so for many years. She reluctantly revealed this to a Times interviewer a few years back. Joan was like I don't want to say which brand but it's a very good cream and the interviewer was like just name it and they will send you a big supply and so she did. The same interviewer very unkindly also printed in the very same article that Joanie really should get a pair of tweezers to the hairs on her chin! I kid you not! Very unkind especially given her age and the fact that her eyesight probably meant she could not see them.

I will watch just to see AY do some serious sucking up to Joanie if she is on with her.
I thought Joan uses cheap cold cream on her face.

Yes your right Miss Molly I had forgot that part. She does use a cold cream to "pick-away" at every scrap of make-up removing old school style with tissues, that was also in the article.

Joan did of course famously suggest in one of her beauty books in the 80's that if you run out of moisturiser then just use margarine. Which is totally bonkers but it did get in the papers, and talked about on tv, where the book was mentioned, which perhaps was the plan!

For the record Joan uses a Lancôme night cream on her face and has done so for many years. She reluctantly revealed this to a Times interviewer a few years back. Joan was like I don't want to say which brand but it's a very good cream and the interviewer was like just name it and they will send you a big supply and so she did.
Before I discovered qvc my firm favourite was the Lancôme Hydrozen.

Before I discovered qvc my firm favourite was the Lancôme Hydrozen.

Yeah I used to really like that one too! But my absolute favourite was Bienfait Total fluid which they discontinued sometime in the early 00s only to re-launch it a good few years later, and then dis-continue it again a few years later. But the SPF 30 fluid remained the same but was re packaged and slotted into the HydraZen line. Lovely stuff still my summer moisturiser must have!

I once saw Gayle Hayman on Oprah Winfrey saying that she uses lard to remove make up. So much for her own products.

Got an email today
----
The legendary Joan Collins is joining team Q with her Timeless Beauty range!

By combining her experience with Hollywood make-up artists and love for beauty products, Joan has created a range to help make you feel and look gorgeous at any age.

Grab today's issue of You Magazine (2nd March) to find out more about the icon's move to Q.

To celebrate this fabulous addition to our screens, we're giving away a Joan Collins beauty collection!

Photo
http://blogs.qvcuk.com/.a/6a00e54eff2704883401a3fcc793b7970b-popup

The set features: the Paparazzi Ready compact, Contra Time collection (including a cleanser, day cream, and night cream), Perfect Partners lipstick and nail lacquer duo, and the I Am Woman eau de parfum - worth around £185 all together!

To be in with a chance of winning the fantastic prize, simply answer the following question...

Q. Which TV series did Joan famously star in?

A. Fiesty

B. Dynasty

C. Travesty

Email you answer, full name and postal address to [email protected].

U
I hope she isn't cynical enough to flog hair care products claiming they are responsible for her iconic hair dos. I can't see her fessing up to having had procedures, where's the profit in that? For me she's far less annoying than Lulu, so good luck to those who buy into her range.

Here we go, interview with the Daily Fail and a plug for her products.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2568674/Joan-Collins-I-wont-defined-age.html

Really interesting article.

So this new beauty venture is backed by George Hammer, Urban Retreat founder and husband of Ruby.

Joanie reveals that she will put on moisturiser every time she goes to the loo, or washes her hands, if she is just doting around at home without make-up. Sometimes up to seven times a day!

That pic from her first wedding in 1957 clearly shows a different nose and some hereditary eye-bags evident. There has been a few cosmetic procedures there! But then pretty much every Hollywood star in Joan's era would have had the same. Without fail.

And what a fabulous sequinned ombré trouser ensemble! Truly fabulous! I really can imagine myself in this while having a few friends over for a casual supper and cocktails soirée! Lol!

Blimey, she's going for the whole shebang at once ! "parfum", crystal mirror, book, lippy, eye stuff, face stuff, zzzzzzzzz....... - so where's the jewellery then Joan old girl ??? You can't let Tova get the better of you, even that young pup Lulu has a jewellery 'collection'.

Mind you, Tova isn't 'doing' wigs yet, like you are in the mags !!!!

Latest posts

Back