Jay Manuel Beauty TSV 07/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone tempted buy this TSV just bear in mind that to repurchase the foundation (item 227539) would cost £79.92 to buy 2 x 26.5ml assuming you might otherwise buy the Tarte Foundation which is 50ml (and comes with a rather good brush) for £40.45 delivered (ofcourse you save on your second lot of postage buying two of the Jay Manuel one :mysmilie_59: )

For that sort of dosh I'd rather go to House of Fraser and buy a Tom Ford foundation (usually £64 but £10 off a spend over £50) and I've deliberately never tested any TF because it's just out of my repurchase price range so please don't tell me how good it is!)

Anyhoo I hope you get my drift.

Final point: How did he make a tube of 26.5 ml look bigger than most 50ml tubes? Smoke and mirrors and a huge bank of honey lights? Hand reduction plastic surgery?

Tune on the brain P-A-L! Thanks! :mysmilie_10: xxx

The comments on Facebook are hilarious - for those of you who haven't got Facebook here's a selection:-

- everyone looks so false like they have eaten a light bulb

- if they went out at night in the night lights and a car comes along the poor drivers will be ****** dazzled

- Reminded me the look of one of them ventriloquist dummys like she was false and about to come alive before ya very eyes

- It's giving me a headache....those lights are too bright....

- OMG hideous dosent even cover it

- Gonna need sunglasses soon to just watch!

Just watching the repeat out of curiosity, 'I Kid you not Chloe' is driving me mad, talk about OTT even for a manic Q presenter.I can't believe this range is any better than those of prestigious status on the High Street no matter how many I kid you nots Chloe throws in.Will be interesting to see the reviews.Do the foundation shades have the usual yellow based tones of most US brands?

OTT in the extreme!! From what she has said about the foundation how can she now front any other with any authenticity??? Its the best thing ever created!! I was thinking she had the Aunt sally look but Barbara Cartland is spot on!! lol ...and she looked at herself in the monitor every other word ..obviously thought she was looking good !! Sorry Chloe the look was as exaggerated as your presenting!!

Here is a review from a lady aged 44-54 from Makeupalley of the foundation.

I really really wanted to try this as on TV it looked awesome. Don't believe what you see. Trying is believing. Great packaging but that's about it. Has silicone. Pricey & only available online. Full review vid coming. Tried on its own & tried with a primer & powder to see if it got better. I tried in hot weather & it separated & melted off within minutes. So disappointed. If I would have tried on bride I would have been fired. Returned.

I`ve just been watching him applying the concealer and its scary. The model has 2 big white triangles under her eyes and I shudder to think what this stuff looks like in daylight.

I have just seen a bit of Huntley with him. She looks so bright! What is happening, does his stuff have shimmer in it? I must read this thread to find out. The model put a very pale blush on and it was almost like a neon. And I thought the lipstick looked very dry on the lips. He said look how good it looks on her dry lips! Well sorry but she needed a gloss!

JM himself seemed a nice enough chap. But Huntley was fawning all over him. Then she read a tweet saying she looked wonderful (how unlike her!) and got a complement from him, of course. The woman is shameless.

I only saw a little bit of Chloe on video. She looked very colourful!!!!!!! :mysmilie_19:

I agree. This "flawless" and "luminous" look that make up brands seemed obsessed in creating - it looks odd, because NOBODY is flawless, or indeed luminous, so if you apply make up to make them look completely flawless it just looks ridiculous and not human-like.
I rather fancy looking flawless and luminous. But at my age I think it will take more than JM make up!

Watching CH and can't make my mind up. It looks quite odd and not sure walking down the street would look cool. She looks like a manquin :mysmilie_17:

As much as she'd like to think she does, Chuntley certainly does not suit the smokey (or in her case, the full blown inferno) eye look.

So all hell is breaking on QVC Facebook page over the Tweet guy on 4pm show(here after known as Mr.Shiny), seems QVC put him up all the time and his reviews are less than truthful.

Hoping this works??

"Are you seriously telling me you have shown this on Q as a legitimate picture with no filter as explained by Catherine. I am writing to the Trading Standards. I'm staggered. Truly Staggered. I am also making this official and will be emailing your CEO too. Ive ordered the TSV I think its lovely -but just becasue I may be blond, I am not stupid. You allow this guy on air with with his crap all the time. And I've had enough of people being misled by him. How you advocate this is beyond belief. You tell me - no filter ????????? Seriously? ! And you broadcast it?
Image may contain: 1 person , hat, selfie and closeup
17 Comments
21 21
Chronological
Comments
Michelle Rosemary White
Michelle Rosemary White Agree Simone Burgon... Why does this person get so much air time from the presenters all the time !! .... # attention #seeker
4 · 1 hr
Simone Burgon
Simone Burgon I don't care about that I care about this being promoted live on air that no filter no tricks just a picture ! Its not. And it's out of order ! Truly wrong !
5 · 1 hr
Margaret Anne Jenkins
Margaret Anne Jenkins Given what he normally looks like (see pic below) the picture above has been heavily altered, therefore not a good recommendation for the Jay Manuel products.
Margaret Anne Jenkins's photo.
32 mins
Maggie Conway
Maggie Conway Agree with the above comments
4 · 1 hr
Simone Burgon
Simone Burgon I don't want this to be a witch hunt about him - I'm genuinely sending an email to the CEO - he has posted a before and after recently for something else that was so untrue and filtered also. He advocates for Q - I'm a huge fan of Q and I'm not having someone make a joke out of it which he clearly has done
6 · 1 hr · Edited
Simone Burgon
Simone Burgon Catherine has truly been had on TV !
4 · 1 hr
Carole McFarland
Carole McFarland Totally agree with you Simone. Valued, returning customers are NOT stupid! We all know and appreciate the art of filtering and to advertise and state otherwise is shameful, not to mention completely WRONG!
6 · 1 hr
Nicola Murdock
Nicola Murdock I agree. It is not a true representation and surely Q can really do much better .. misleading and lying to people is really not on x
5 · 1 hr
Deborah Platt
Deborah Platt Oh dear, what's happened?
1 · 1 hr
Amanda Lindberg
Amanda Lindberg I agree
1 · 1 hr
Liz Fannon
Liz Fannon On seeing this pic girls it would do one thing and one thing alone ...make me think who wants to look like that and not buy it ! Truly awful representation of what looks like a lovely product . False advertising at its best
2 · 1 hr
Kim Williams
Kim Williams To be honest this looks a fake photo, I've seen photos of this man and he does not look anything like this perhaps he had the photo airbrushed and Q are unaware ? Very bad for QVC indeed.
4 · 1 hr
Simone Burgon
Simone Burgon I feel sorry for Catherine to be honest ! Well and truly had on live TV !
3 · 1 hr · Edited
Liz Fannon
Liz Fannon And she's such a nice lady too
2 · 1 hr
Simone Burgon
Simone Burgon Yes she is sooooo very nice
2 · 1 hr
Chemien Searle
Chemien Searle Who is this man in these before and after photos?
1 · 1 hr
Tina Allsop
Tina Allsop I don't know who this is either
1 · 59 mins
Kim Williams
Kim Williams He's a beauty blogger apparently
1 · 54 mins
Marie Michelle Waters
Marie Michelle Waters Do I trust his review about the above product? No!
4 · 57 mins
Suzi Lubi
Suzi Lubi Nor me im afraid.
1 · 50 mins
Anne Knight
Anne Knight There are several bloggers who get regular mentions on QVC. It doesn't impress me one bit. Bloggers make money from their blogs and therefore not unbiased. Like QVCs review system they need to be taken with a ton of salt and don't do the channel any favours but come across as quite fawning.
6 · 48 mins
Suzi Lubi
Suzi Lubi Is this "desertislandskin" or the other one?
2 · 38 mins
Kim Williams
Kim Williams Yes desert! Suzi
2 · 32 mins"

We have been onto him and Shazza for ages, can't pull the wool over our eyes. I think he used to text in to AY years ago so it would not surprise me if his connection with Q is via her and Will.

I love a bit of slap so I must say I'm tempted by this...even though I seriously don't need it, must resist!

I think Chloe's eyes look amazing but there's definitely way too much blush on some of them, yikes! Ali looked stunning with just the bronzer on, ruined by the pinky blush.

Almost ashamed to say (with all the comments on here!) im temped too!

If they had explanations about the undertones within light, medium & dark I'd have bought!

Latest posts

Back