Jay Manuel Beauty TSV 07/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chloe is starting to sound like a cross between Russel Harty ("we are are we not") and David Coleman ("if that had gone in it would have been a goal").

Honey lighting effect is freakish!

Chloe is starting to sound like a cross between Russel Harty ("we are are we not") and David Coleman ("if that had gone in it would have been a goal").

Honey lighting effect is freakish!

I used to love watching Americas Top Model way back when Jay was on the panel,but goodness what a change .He is very enhanced by fillers or Botox ,not sure what exactly but his appearance has changed a lot.its very smooth and nothing moves much.

I am a less is more person so his range range is definately not for me.

I used to love watching Americas Top Model way back when Jay was on the panel,but goodness what a change .He is very enhanced by fillers or Botox ,not sure what exactly but his appearance has changed a lot.its very smooth and nothing moves much. I don't remember the very high cheekbones .

I used to love watching Americas Top Model way back when Jay was on the panel,but goodness what a change .He is very enhanced by fillers or Botox ,not sure what exactly but his appearance has changed a lot.its very smooth and nothing moves much.

Yes he had a lovely face now he just looks like a filtered Liberace.

Have to say not keen on the face stuff its mega shinny he says you dont need a primmer but how glowing is that going to be with my tropical times I hate to think but I liked the bright eye makeup palette but cant tell if that's going to be mega shinny as well .The models look ok till they add the blusher chloe looks like aunt sally to much on her and the bronzer is like a brush combo thing I once had with eco tan in so im not convinced with this range and lastly hate the sponge and there mega expensive as well

Have to agree, got to remember these presenters and models were on tv and you need a heavy shiny look with the lights! If I turned up at my friends house looking like that they would probably disown me, lolololo! Possibly would have wore it up the dancing in my late teens, who knows???? :mysmilie_12:

I wouldn`t be at all surprised if they get a lot of returns from this tsv. I daresay a lot of people have accidentally ordered the wrong shade because of the false lighting and poor presentation. Some will resemble a too pale Geisha girl and others will be too orange Californian housewife. They really should have shown the shades in a much better way and also explained the undertones such as pink, warm or neutral.
I agree with those people who say it looked very dated, it looked very 60`s to me and reminded me of pan stick and putty like foundations such as Leichner or the very plasticine like Elizabeth Arden cream compact makeup.

I downloaded the app just to see what foundation shade it matched me with - bearing in mind I'm medium beige in BM and medium in Doll10, it matched me with Medium 3 which is for olive to tan skin???? Admittedly I wish I had that complexion, but what a load of old tut!!!!!

Not for me, much as I do love trying new beauty products, there's just too much risk ordering this and I hate sending stuff back

Even if it is likeable make-up, the chance of getting it again in the future is slim as stocks always run out and it could be months before a product is back. I can always get my favourites in Space NK, Debenhams, HofF and Boots..and if it isn't available in the store, I order the item online.

What I hate most is that your lipgloss shade is chosen for you - supposedy to match your foundation. Well you know what QVC, I have porcelain skin but my lips are quite dark, if I were to wear that beige monstrosity of a lipgloss I would look like a ghost. The berry shade sold with the darker foundations is the right colour lipgloss for me.
Why on earth they would match lipgloss to your skin tone is beyond me, the two don't go hand in hand.

I think the problem with this range when demonstrated on TV is that it is for the selfie-obsessed (hence all the rabbiting on about filters/no filters). The look which has been popularised particularly by the infamous Kim Kardashian. It's not a natural look. It's not meant to be a natural look. It's to be hyper-real rather than real.

If you see people who have gone out in a full selfie-perfect makeup, they look distinctly odd. Add in the extremely bright tv lights, and the fact that they are clearly using one of the very small stuidos at QVC for this launch, and you are getting faces that have an unearthly glow about them (like the models have swallowed a lightbulb).

I agree. This "flawless" and "luminous" look that make up brands seemed obsessed in creating - it looks odd, because NOBODY is flawless, or indeed luminous, so if you apply make up to make them look completely flawless it just looks ridiculous and not human-like.

Latest posts

Back