Jay Manuel Beauty TSV 07/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I seen a name go across the screen this morning saying that they'd tried it and looooved it! (creep) called "JamesLBeauty", I though good grief if a fella put that make-up on, he'd end up looking like Danny La Rue.......or a Victorian hooker. :mysmilie_17:

Credit where credit is due - he's now putting bronzer on (I'm watching recorded) FROM SCRATCH!!!!!!
Others please take note!

I haven't read this whole thread, however, when I turned on my TV this morning to have a look at the TSV, I saw Chloe looking like a tart. That make up was awful. Two huge big stripes of blusher up the sides of her face - and that guy is supposed to be a make up artist. I didn't buy.

CC

Almost ashamed to say (with all the comments on here!) im temped too!

If they had explanations about the undertones within light, medium & dark I'd have bought!

Ha ha yeah I felt a bit embarrassed posting that, but it's taken me years to start enjoying makeup, so I'll live with the shame 😜😜😜

Ha ha yeah I felt a bit embarrassed posting that, but it's taken me years to start enjoying makeup, so I'll live with the shame ������

I've purchased - fair 1.

Fair 2, 3 & 4 were gone.

I hate red/rose undertones, I hope it doesn't have those. I always buy the neutral, yellow or golden undertone in fair.

I really think in a one hour show they could have explained the tones, they only had to do for one colour....

I like nude lipsticks. I'm not a highlighter fan (being 48) so maybe this light puff thing is just what I need.

Yes Chloe did have too much blusher on, but her foundation looked good.

Well I have to say I really like that Jay Manuel as a guest. He is so easy to listen to and rather easy on the eyes too. I think the shows I have seen have been very enjoyable.

Is he still using the same model from midnightl? Goodness, her face must feel like a hedgehogs arse, with all that make-up off, make-up on, make-up off, make-up on, all day. :mysmilie_17:

We have been onto him and Shazza for ages, can't pull the wool over our eyes. I think he used to text in to AY years ago so it would not surprise me if his connection with Q is via her and Will.

Well said, was watching a beauty show the other night and all I saw was DesertIsland Skin tweety things across the screen! Seriously think him and her have some kind of issues or unhealthy obsessions, lololololo :mysmilie_17:

Well said, was watching a beauty show the other night and all I saw was DesertIsland Skin tweety things across the screen! Seriously think him and her have some kind of issues or unhealthy obsessions, lololololo :mysmilie_17:

You can't help wondering what kind of one-dimensional life some of the QVC-centric beauty bloggers have.

Wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't some family/relationship connection between him and a Q presenter/head honcho...

Was there no oto in the 10pm show? They keep moving their own goal posts for these offers!

I recorded the AY show as I wondered what she would look like but in fact I thought she looked better than all the others as it seemed quite subtle on her!!!! I know!!

Anyhow, he put a foundation on the model and I thought it looked very nice, not too illuminated, so it must be the blushers doing the damage.... or the hyper lighting. I guessed it was Light 2 or 3 but he said Medium 1. But it was truly pale. And on their selection for the TSV, Medium 1 looked quite risky for me and I use LG Medium. So even if I wanted to I wouldn't buy because the colours are confusing. I would have selected Light 4 from the website because all the Mediums looked to have that dreaded American Tan tinge.

Credit where credit is due - he's now putting bronzer on (I'm watching recorded) FROM SCRATCH!!!!!!
Others please take note!

The bronzer demo was the most impressive for me... and the one product I thought - yes, that could work in real life.

I recorded the AY show as I wondered what she would look like but in fact I thought she looked better than all the others as it seemed quite subtle on her!!!! I know!!

Anyhow, he put a foundation on the model and I thought it looked very nice, not too illuminated, so it must be the blushers doing the damage.... or the hyper lighting. I guessed it was Light 2 or 3 but he said Medium 1. But it was truly pale. And on their selection for the TSV, Medium 1 looked quite risky for me and I use LG Medium. So even if I wanted to I wouldn't buy because the colours are confusing. I would have selected Light 4 from the website because all the Mediums looked to have that dreaded American Tan tinge.

AY looked quite tanned for her... no tin man ghostly shimmer. Her makeup looked the best its done since Mally's last visit.

Overall I thought Chloe Everton looked over made up - more pantomime dame than anything - that heavy blusher together with the heavy eye... no, just no.
Catherine Huntley looked quite good, apart from the eyeshadow which made her eyelids look dry and wrinkly.
Ali Young looked quite tanned but the blush and other products were applied well and the makeup overall looked very balanced and de-emphasised her problem under-eye area very effectively.
Debbie Flint doesn't need any of this contouring anyway, as she's got incredible bone structure to start with. The makeup looked rather strange on her as a result.

Next time, they need to use more normal lighting and stop scaring the children.

Yes he had a lovely face now he just looks like a filtered Liberace.

Ooooh the divine Lee !! sat gobsmacked at a recent addition of Pointless during the head to head. Five questions on Liberace, and neither team could answer any of them. One question was "what instrument does he play", one answer was 'the flute' - cue gales of laughter from the audience. Priceless.

Latest posts

Back