Jay Manuel Beauty TSV 07/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He is most well-known as a make up artist, he's been doing that for years. I know he's had his own make up line for a very long time, but I'm not sure for how long. He also worked on America's Next Top Model with Tyra Banks for 18 series. A lot of people know him from that too.

Sorry but have I missed something? Who is Jay Manuel? Never heard of him or his products.

Exactly the same here! Only thanks to this board I even realised the show was bigger than perhaps just another bog standard brand! Then the other day AY mentioned it in passing, really bigging him up. I did look at his website the other day but it was all a bit too jazzy for me! And those prices for his brushes! I shall be sticking to Boots No 7 range.

Really not tempted by this or majority of beauty TSVs anymore. I have made a decision to work through my stash and use stuff rather than just accumulate more and more. I threw out two Laura Geller lip glosses yesterday, barely used but have gone past their best. That's the problem with buying too much stuff, unless you're very good about selling the excess or giving it away, you will end up with cupboards of mouldering beauty products, as Janet Street Porter states in her irreverent but spot on book "Life is too f***ing short".

I have not been even vaguely tempted by QVC this summer. Instead I had a short break away and then spent several weeks working hard to makeover my garden. Rewarding and fun. I even looked at the Laura Geller recent TSV and was mentally working out how many flowers and plants I could buy with the cost of the TSV!

Jay Manuel 5 Piece Filter Finish Cosmetic Collection
Item Number: 227527
QVC Price £60.00
Todays Special Value Price £44.98
P&P £3.95

Launching the Jay Manuel range in the UK, the Filter Finish Collection features the hero Perfector Foundation, designed to camouflage imperfections while giving a natural-looking flawless finish, the illuminating Skin Face lift finishing powder, and the Ultimate Lip Gloss, both colour-matched to your foundation shade to create one of Jay's signature feminine looks; Classic, Avant-Garde or Iconic. With a blending sponge for professional-style application, this tailored-to-you collection gives a natural-looking, radiant finish.

Shades to suit you - split into three categories, your chosen shade of foundation will determine the powder and lipgloss shade you receive. Light shades (Light 1, Light 2, Light 3, Light 4) will receive Skin Face Lift in Platinum and Lipgloss in Desire (nude gold). Medium tones (Medium 1, Medium 2, Medium3, Medium 4) are matched to Skin Face lift in Platinum and Lipgloss in Ecstasy (bronze), while Deeper shades (Deep 1, Deep 2, Deep 3, Deep 4) will receive Skin Lift in Gold and Lipgloss in Nasty (berry).

Contains:

1 x Filter Finish Skin Perfector Foundation (26.5ml) - in a choice of Light 1, Light 2, Light 3, Light 4, Medium 1, Medium 2, Medium3, Medium 4, Deep 1, Deep 2, Deep 3, or Deep 4. This lightweight foundation gives buildable medium to full coverage with a velvet finish, creating a smooth-looking surface. Designed to give a soft-focus finish that minimises the look of fine lines, wrinkles and shine, this silicon-based formula helps to hydrate, prime and smooth the look of your skin. Enriched with micronised silk, plant-based antioxidants, and vitamins A, E and C. Dermatologist-tested, and free from parabens and oil
1 x Filter Finish Skin Face Lift - a choice of Platinum or Gold to complement your foundation shade. A luminescent finishing powder with a built-in brush that gives a soft-focus radiance to the skin, creating a natural-looking glow. This sheer, shimmering veil can be worn all over the face as a filter, helping to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, or applied selectively as a soft highlighter. Micro-encapsulated with ultra-fine crushed gemstone powders, and dermatologist-tested, and paraben-free
1 x Ultimate Lip-Gloss (9.6ml) - in a choice of Desire (nude gold), Ecstasy (bronze) or Nasty (berry) to complement your foundation shade. A full-coverage luxurious gloss that gives an intense colour and shine with a smooth, soft-focus finish. Non-sticky and formulated with luxurious diamond dust pigments and aloe. Dermatologist-tested and paraben-free
2 x blending sponges - durable make-up sponges with aangled spheres on both ends for easy application

How to apply:
Filter Finish Skin Perfector Foundation:

Using the blending sponge, apply onto your face and blend well

Filter Finish Skin Face Lift:

Using the built-in brush, lightly dust powder over your face or highlight key points on your face that light would naturally illuminate; cheek bones, brow bones, forehead and Cupid's bow

Ultimate Lip-Gloss:

Use the flexible silicone tip applicator wand to apply over your lips

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.227527

Jay Manuel 5 Piece Filter Finish Cosmetic Collection
Item Number: 227527
QVC Price £60.00
Todays Special Value Price £44.98
P&P £3.95

Launching the Jay Manuel range in the UK, the Filter Finish Collection features the hero Perfector Foundation, designed to camouflage imperfections while giving a natural-looking flawless finish, the illuminating Skin Face lift finishing powder, and the Ultimate Lip Gloss, both colour-matched to your foundation shade to create one of Jay's signature feminine looks; Classic, Avant-Garde or Iconic. With a blending sponge for professional-style application, this tailored-to-you collection gives a natural-looking, radiant finish.

Shades to suit you - split into three categories, your chosen shade of foundation will determine the powder and lipgloss shade you receive. Light shades (Light 1, Light 2, Light 3, Light 4) will receive Skin Face Lift in Platinum and Lipgloss in Desire (nude gold). Medium tones (Medium 1, Medium 2, Medium3, Medium 4) are matched to Skin Face lift in Platinum and Lipgloss in Ecstasy (bronze), while Deeper shades (Deep 1, Deep 2, Deep 3, Deep 4) will receive Skin Lift in Gold and Lipgloss in Nasty (berry).

Contains:

1 x Filter Finish Skin Perfector Foundation (26.5ml) - in a choice of Light 1, Light 2, Light 3, Light 4, Medium 1, Medium 2, Medium3, Medium 4, Deep 1, Deep 2, Deep 3, or Deep 4. This lightweight foundation gives buildable medium to full coverage with a velvet finish, creating a smooth-looking surface. Designed to give a soft-focus finish that minimises the look of fine lines, wrinkles and shine, this silicon-based formula helps to hydrate, prime and smooth the look of your skin. Enriched with micronised silk, plant-based antioxidants, and vitamins A, E and C. Dermatologist-tested, and free from parabens and oil
1 x Filter Finish Skin Face Lift - a choice of Platinum or Gold to complement your foundation shade. A luminescent finishing powder with a built-in brush that gives a soft-focus radiance to the skin, creating a natural-looking glow. This sheer, shimmering veil can be worn all over the face as a filter, helping to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, or applied selectively as a soft highlighter. Micro-encapsulated with ultra-fine crushed gemstone powders, and dermatologist-tested, and paraben-free
1 x Ultimate Lip-Gloss (9.6ml) - in a choice of Desire (nude gold), Ecstasy (bronze) or Nasty (berry) to complement your foundation shade. A full-coverage luxurious gloss that gives an intense colour and shine with a smooth, soft-focus finish. Non-sticky and formulated with luxurious diamond dust pigments and aloe. Dermatologist-tested and paraben-free
2 x blending sponges - durable make-up sponges with aangled spheres on both ends for easy application

How to apply:
Filter Finish Skin Perfector Foundation:

Using the blending sponge, apply onto your face and blend well

Filter Finish Skin Face Lift:

Using the built-in brush, lightly dust powder over your face or highlight key points on your face that light would naturally illuminate; cheek bones, brow bones, forehead and Cupid's bow

Ultimate Lip-Gloss:

Use the flexible silicone tip applicator wand to apply over your lips

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.227527

Love the instructions do they think idiots will be buying it??????

The British Beauty Blogger has a very fun review of the products on her live Facebook. Seems Jay was in the same place as her, he described him as very shiny which she put down to highlighter. So the battle of the shine when Jay and AY meet. Though the concealer is quite powder based which is not great if you have any dryness or wrinkles under the eyes. She had it applied and showed this in the video. No review of the foundation.

Oh heck Donna, I can't find my Fitover sunnies and daren't watch them without #ShimmerSnowBlindness :cool::whew:

I see the esteemed 'blogger' Desert Island Skin has already left a glowing 5 star review for this "AMAZING TSV"...it was never on pre-order so obviously they got it as a freebie - it's not like they're even trying to hide the fact they're effectively being paid in goods to big up QVC products!!!

...in fact, looking at the entire range, they have left fawning five star reviews for every single product...

Last edited:
I see the esteemed 'blogger' Desert Island Skin has already left a glowing 5 star review for this "AMAZING TSV"...it was never on pre-order so obviously they got it as a freebie - it's not like they're even trying to hide the fact they're effectively being paid in goods to big up QVC products!!!

he has acutally posted a 5 * review on most of the single items too

he has acutally posted a 5 * review on most of the single items too

I literally just amended my post to say that as well - I mean truly unbelievable, even with ranges I love, there is no way everything is 5 star...unless of course it's in my interests to rate it thus...

OMG there are 12 yes a DOZEN shade choices for the foundation! The possibilities for epic failure and a huge number of returns are making me giddy just thinking about it! However will they cover 12 zelebs' skintones as examples for each. Who is one shade up from Nicole Kidman but four shades lighter the Our Cheryl...answers on a postcard!

Plus if that wasn't enough to derail any TSV presentation, there are different powder and lip gloss colours depending on which foundation you choose.

Good Luck Chloe Everton, indeed! :mysmilie_59:

Surprised Chloe is launching the TSV, thought they would get AY in for this one. She does not seem to do as many these days.

Filter finished ?? Chloe looks just like one of those over madeup women from a Real Housewives of Orange County. Nothing natural looking about her face at all. Very American - ised if you know what I mean.

I thought Chloe looked like one of the 'experts' you often see at make-up counters in department stores, the ones who don't know when to stop applying products an end up frightening me off. That blusher has the look of trying too hard to accentuate your cheek bones and failing and what's going on with the studio lighting glare effect? Not tempted, off to bed.

Latest posts

Back