Jay Manuel Beauty TSV 07/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My nearest space nk is Bluewater & it's an hour away, likewise Mac is lakeside & that's even further.
So the whole trial thing doesn't really work that well for me as they aren't places I take frequent trips too.

I'm not happy to go bare faced to try out the foundation.

QVC works for me for trialing - we are all different & different things work for us all.

I believe SpaceNK Bluewater closed? I remember a comment on their facebook page. These days MAC quality is debatable, the name sells the products.

If you are happy MrsE that is all that matters in the end.

I believe SpaceNK Bluewater closed? I remember a comment on their facebook page. These days MAC quality is debatable, the name sells the products.

If you are happy MrsE that is all that matters in the end.

That might explain why I missed it last time I was there!
And I was too tired to walk around again!

Well - out of 172 reviews, 98 are 1* - I don't remember seeing something so badly reviewed. Fair do's to the Q for not deleting all of them. I think this 1* review sums it up:

"I was suspicious when I read all the premature reviews of Jay Manuels products were posted by the same dessertislandbeauty way before the products were aired making me feel that these products were sent free to them and was paid to give the only handful five star reviews the range honestly deserves. Sorry but I am giving my honest opinion and qvc want honest reviews. Why was this tsv so over hyped?"

There are a couple of people who constantly blog and over hype all QVC products! I don't care if they get everything for free, I like to pay for my goods but when you know it's all for show then I think it's unfair on the customers! :mysmilie_51:

The thing is these so called bloggers who Q send items to, have no credibility. A professional blogger would never like every item 100% of the time and they would also happily point out the pros and cons. These QVC bloggers seem to confuse a con with a criticism and therefore give everything 5 stars.
A proper blogger would write something along the lines of " this item is superb for dry skin but may not be suitable for combination skin because of x, Y or Z or this lipstick enhances fair skintones but may not look right on dark skintones or this mascara isn`t waterproof so I advise not to wear it for the gym or swimming " and so on and so on.
Neither of the so called bloggers which QVC use can articulate a helpful or informative review. It`s all gush gush gush, full of flowery I love this etc and just makes them sound like a couple of teenagers playing at their Mother`s dressing table. Their reviews are laughable and some of their photos are even more laughable but it appears QVC and quite a few misguided people hang onto their every word and I`m blowed if I know why.

Hear-hear Vienna.

When I did bother to leave reviews (and I'm no blogger, beauty or otherwise) I always try to think of what I want to know and write what is relevant (age range, skin type and skin issues for skincare; dress size, height, proportions etc for clothing) to help make a decision. It's always better to say how you might use/wear products and any observations you might have (slimming, emphasises hips, no good for a large bust...). Otherwise why waste the time and effort.

I think those on this forum at least will continue to view the reviews on QVC, especially those from these beauty bloggers (and there may be other bloggers in other departments the same) with a large pinch of salt and not get fooled by this utterly ridiculous hype which has surrounded this range.

I'm sure if you took a much narrower definition of who the products are aimed at, the range is superb and does exactly what is promised/needed. But that definition would be - great for your instagram and facebook selfies where you won't have to waste time applying filters to look good. It might include - great for your red carpet appearances under ultra-bright lights, where your skin will look perfect even under HD camera conditions. What it probably won't say is - great for a natural fresh-faced every day look; or - great for those on a tight budget who need a long-lasting volume of product. This does not appear to be a range for anyone who loves a fresh-faced natural look, but I'm sure it does have its place when the right expectations are set.

The thing is these so called bloggers who Q send items to, have no credibility. A professional blogger would never like every item 100% of the time and they would also happily point out the pros and cons. These QVC bloggers seem to confuse a con with a criticism and therefore give everything 5 stars.
A proper blogger would write something along the lines of " this item is superb for dry skin but may not be suitable for combination skin because of x, Y or Z or this lipstick enhances fair skintones but may not look right on dark skintones or this mascara isn`t waterproof so I advise not to wear it for the gym or swimming " and so on and so on.
Neither of the so called bloggers which QVC use can articulate a helpful or informative review. It`s all gush gush gush, full of flowery I love this etc and just makes them sound like a couple of teenagers playing at their Mother`s dressing table. Their reviews are laughable and some of their photos are even more laughable but it appears QVC and quite a few misguided people hang onto their every word and I`m blowed if I know why.

Spot on! I'm glad I can make up my own mind and never swayed by these, as you say flowery reviews! Yes, so easy to photoshop and filter photos these days and you can see a mile off they are! Quite sad they believe in their hype and falseness! :mysmilie_5:

Latest posts

Back