Jay Manuel Beauty TSV 07/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really wonder what training and expertise young blokes like 'Jay Manuel' (isn't that a terribly manufactured name ?) have, and who is backing them ? For me, there are far too many single name beauty products out there, and I get the feeling that these 'names' are just the front men for the corporations flogging the products; AND they all seem to be American. Its almost a case of if you're gay, American and can apply a lippy then boom you're a beauty expert.

Just a final thought (my eyes are quite sore this evening can't think why!) If anyone has bought the foundation or the TSV, bearinf in mind it's only 26.5ml: If we're supposed to trowel it on like Jay did in the demos, it's going to run out within the 30 day MBG. But you'll have to fight for your refund if you return an empty tube!

:mysmilie_8:

Night bless all, and I hope your retina damage isn't permanent!

I thought Jay was very likeable but I didnt understand much of what he was saying about the various shades of the foundation. His chart didnt help much either.

Admittedly I just use balance and brighten or Magic finish so not too much effort needed. I've never really been a foundation person ,guess I'm just too lazy. I can never work out my shade.

I always use a blusher but I wouldn't go for the shiny pinks he demonstrated.

I purchased the Light 3. Excited to try it. It was obviously the lighting they were using which was making everyones face glow like a light bulb, as the models had the same glow in the before shots without the foundation on. I went by the reviews found online & from HSN where there are 220 5 star reviews. If its rubbish then it will go back. Not worried about the size as I don't think you need to use very much. My Doll 10 Hydragel foundation is only 30ml, as is my Tarte rainforest of the sea one. I heard Jay say that the light 4 had pinky tones and in another hour that each shade alternates between pink & yellow tones so going by that I'm hoping Light 3 is more yellow based.

I thought Chloe looked like one of the 'experts' you often see at make-up counters in department stores, the ones who don't know when to stop applying products an end up frightening me off. That blusher has the look of trying too hard to accentuate your cheek bones and failing and what's going on with the studio lighting glare effect? Not tempted, off to bed.
Actually, I thought my TV had done something weird with its settings as the light was bouncing off her face. It was when I noticed the blusher that I realised it was the make-up. It was not attractive. What's the saying? Less is more!

I thought the lighting was 'odd' in the last presentation which was the only show I caught yesterday. It was like muted lighting and when Debbie went on to present the gardening show the following hour the lighting was back to normal. Maybe they used filters like photographers do to enhance the look?

I really wonder what training and expertise young blokes like 'Jay Manuel' (isn't that a terribly manufactured name ?) have, and who is backing them ? For me, there are far too many single name beauty products out there, and I get the feeling that these 'names' are just the front men for the corporations flogging the products; AND they all seem to be American. Its almost a case of if you're gay, American and can apply a lippy then boom you're a beauty expert.

He is 44 born in 1972, so not really young he just has a very good surgeon.

He is 44 born in 1972, so not really young he just has a very good surgeon.

I thought Jay was very likeable but I didnt understand much of what he was saying about the various shades of the foundation. His chart didnt help much either.

Admittedly I just use balance and brighten or Magic finish so not too much effort needed. I've never really been a foundation person ,guess I'm just too lazy. I can never work out my shade.

I always use a blusher but I wouldn't go for the shiny pinks he demonstrated.

Not a heavy foundation person either, much prefer a more natural look. Still think they all looked a bit odd as under these lights it was weird! Not for me :mysmilie_12:

Aggggh, he was on my telly again and that other beauty blogger. What's that all about :mysmilie_13:

Thing is, most genuine bloggers only get sent a couple of freebies to try, that bloke seems to get the entire range to test, most unusual?!

I am not a person that is hard to part from their cash when it comes to new beauty ranges, but the fact that they felt the need to use special lighting (which I'm guessing was a stipulation of Jay Manuel) made me feel like they were trying to hoodwink me. I had planned to buy it, and - had they used the normal studio lighting - almost certainly would have done so, even if the models did look a bit shiny. Will be interesting to hear from those who went for it what results it delivers in the cold light of day, as - for all I know - it could even have been the lighting, rather than the make-up, that was creating that waxy finish.

Ha ha yeah I felt a bit embarrassed posting that, but it's taken me years to start enjoying makeup, so I'll live with the shame 😜😜😜

Oh you shouldn't be embarrassed! Have fun having a play when it arrives, and I hope you'll be really pleased with it. :happy: X

Thing is, most genuine bloggers only get sent a couple of freebies to try, that bloke seems to get the entire range to test, most unusual?!

Exactly, they are constantly running competitions! Don't tell me they buy the products? Must be freebies from them and many too!

Exactly, they are constantly running competitions! Don't tell me they buy the products? Must be freebies from them and many too!

It's like I said on another thread, probably why Q keeps failing with its beauty ADs - they give too many of them away to their friends and family!!!!

There's another dubious 5 star review on the TSV from a young chap (from his name - don't know this for definite) who has never reviewed anything else. There's a 5 star from a top 1000 contributor, but the comments say not enough coverage and didn't like the gloss colour. Then a 3 & 4 star and the first 1 star.

Did anyone get theirs yet?

Oh you shouldn't be embarrassed! Have fun having a play when it arrives, and I hope you'll be really pleased with it. :happy: X

Ah sadly I missed out on the colour I wanted, it was sold out by the time I looked at lunchtime - must confess, I didn't think it would be that popular, but I'll be really interested to hear what people think on this forum, vs the dodgy Q reviews ;) x

There's another dubious 5 star review on the TSV from a young chap (from his name - don't know this for definite) who has never reviewed anything else. There's a 5 star from a top 1000 contributor, but the comments say not enough coverage and didn't like the gloss colour. Then a 3 & 4 star and the first 1 star.

Did anyone get theirs yet?

Akimbo, take a look at this person's twitter feed (exactly the same name as the first-time Q reviewer)

https://twitter.com/jameslbeauty

If that ain't evidence that there's a mutually beneficial relationship between bloggers, brands and Q, then I'll eat all my Yankee Candles!!!

If you scroll down the link Jay sent him the full range free before the launch!!! Now I will give him some credit as he used models of all ages when using the range. Oh and not weird up lighting either.

Call me sexist but I daresay the vast majority of QVC customers are female, above the age of 35-40 and who buy into their beauty tsv`s on a regular basis. As photo finished as Jay was and much as he himself obviously used the stuff, why are we seeing so many reviews/blogs/photos from males who look like trainee drag Queens without their wigs ?

Latest posts

Back