how unfair is this

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Logic says it will be their downfall but the facts seem to show otherwise and they are getting away with it 23 years later, with people still rushing in to buy and profits going up. They undoubtedly have some very good bargains which blind many to the faults. I am quite principled and pretty careful about what I buy and even I don't see myself stopping my Q purchasing altogether. I have cut right down though since October and I'm very proud of myself! Also hearing stories like boffy's make me stronger.

Totally agree - no matter how antiquated their business model and how many people they p off, they will always make money. I used to work for a certain High Street bank which was without a doubt the worst place I ever worked - constant change and churn, vast sums wasted on vanity projects that never came to fruition (including hiring ridiculously expensive contractors/friends) all the while peeing off staff and customers...but still they make money.

It's that whole 'too big to fail' concept and as long as that applies, why should they change anything.

Totally agree - no matter how antiquated their business model and how many people they p off, they will always make money. I used to work for a certain High Street bank which was without a doubt the worst place I ever worked - constant change and churn, vast sums wasted on vanity projects that never came to fruition (including hiring ridiculously expensive contractors/friends) all the while peeing off staff and customers...but still they make money.

It's that whole 'too big to fail' concept and as long as that applies, why should they change anything.

True, but you'd think since the end of the last decade they'd learn (ie. Woolworths et al going under)

True, but you'd think since the end of the last decade they'd learn (ie. Woolworths et al going under)

Totally agree, but arrogance prevails and then it's the poor workers (and customers) who get stung when the bubble eventually bursts :(

Oh yes, Woolworths - nobody saw that coming, but I know not for the same reasons as QVC. They shouldn't be smug though.

I have come to the conclusion that the only way to avoid non delivery and non refunds is not to order from Q.

It appears that Q and Hermes is a match made in hell. One + an other might just about OK but together a total disaster.

Ridiculous boffy! You must be fuming. They use these tactics because some people will give up and they get to keep the money, no doubt.

Do you have a scanner or can you take a photo of the Hermes receipt by your camera phone and email it to QVC? You could do that today and then ring customer service to demand they look at your email today to see proof. This has gone on too long.

Yes, they put as many obstacles in the way as possible, as they know that - statistically - a percentage will give up along the way. Similarly, they bang on and on about just getting things home and using your 30 day money back guarantee because they know that a proportion of those unsatisfied customers will not get around to returning the item.

QVC haven't evolved from day one really, and the fact that this multi global American company are still acting like its 1993, will be their down fall.

Yes, that and the fact that they are far more interested in attracting new customers than retaining existing ones.

i have e mailed the hermes receipt but they are insisting that i send it in the post when they send the declaration form in the post... irritating. my sister made me lol when she was buying a bose speaker from qvc. but she found the same one in john lewis for £100 cheaper a few minutes after ordering she phoned qvc to cancel and they would not cancel saying she has to wait for it to arrive and wait for a hermes collection to get a refund which we all know will take several weeks if not months. well i wont say what my angry sister said over the phone but they cancelled alright :mysmilie_50:

I have never sent anything back via Hermes, well I never order enough anyway.

I read a few different forums Ebay sections and many use Hermes click and collect. You leave at your local Argos, Co.op etc and they deliver to them and you can also get refunds sent back that way. Many sellers prefer it to using Royal Mail, it works. So Hermes must be able to do things. The trouble is Hermes class their delivery people as self employed and they are paid like 25p a parcel delivered. Of course they want to get as much done as possible as its their wages. How it arrives might be another matter. QVC want to pay pennies to whoever delivers and collects their items, so that what they get. Hermes get big money but bet they where the cheapest for QVC. The delivery people get nothing extra out of it, why should they take extra care?

i think its the contract that qvc. have we pay big bucks for postage costs but qvc have an untrackable unlocatable non exsisitent service. i havea receipt with a long number but its not a barcode system that amazon have. qvc just dont want to entertain returns on any level even though thier selling point is based on the 30 day mbg.

just received a wilko order for a present. 5 piece saucepan set (uncoated) 24 piece dinner service, long handled dustpan and brush,doormat delivery was £4 all within 3-5 working days.the driver even bought it all in for me what service

just received a wilko order for a present. 5 piece saucepan set (uncoated) 24 piece dinner service, long handled dustpan and brush,doormat delivery was £4 all within 3-5 working days.the driver even bought it all in for me what service

Yep, had similarly efficient service from Wilko - last order I had came in a box that had seen better days, so I fed that back purely for info and they immediately refunded me my postage without even asking - now THAT's customer service!

Yep, had similarly efficient service from Wilko - last order I had came in a box that had seen better days, so I fed that back purely for info and they immediately refunded me my postage without even asking - now THAT's customer service!

i am so used to qvc's shabby service i forget that theres life outside qvc time to take stock

I find Wilko service a bit hit and miss my last one arrived quick, ordered Friday not arrived yet ! The last but one took nearer 6 days. Though P & P only £4 and all these ordered are heavy large bags of bird food.

I have just had an absolute nightmare with my nemesis Amazon. I won't bore you with the whole story except to say that the item was sold as new and at full price, but was reconditioned. I have in writing from them that it would take up to 2 or 3 weeks to process my return and then, and only then, would they issue a refund. I went to my bank to raise a dispute as I think that is completely unacceptable. My bank said there was nothing they could do to make Amazon refund quicker but they would cover the cost of the refund for me until Amazon coughed. It was £185!!

I have, finally, managed to get Amazon to agree to refund without the 2/3 week but it was a real fight.

I know many love Amazon but I hate them with a passion. I've only started shopping with them in the last couple of months but I shan't shop with them again.

Poor customer service is unacceptable no matter which company is involved. None are perfect. All are capable of being complete and utter gits lol.

One of our last deliveries from Amazon it was put in our half full of rubbish wheelie bin, fortunately it had not been there long he pulled away from our house as we turned in to our road.

My son informed me Monday morning just as he was leaving for school that he would like some new gaming headphones he'd been looking at on Amazon, so I had a look and told him that it would be very unlikely that they would be delivered before Christmas but I ordered them with free postage. They arrived this morning :mysmilie_59: Also ordered a new school bag for him from Sports Direct yesterday at 4.10am that 2 arrived today, granted I did pay for next day delivery.

I know we're talking about the "other side" here but IW have been great with their deliveries. They have promised orders before Christmas and everything has been arriving within 2 days, some has been next day. Not only that, but, for many of these orders, P&P was free or reduced to £1! Now, if they can do it, there is absolutely no reason why QVC couldn't have also. The only thing that has arrived quickly from QVC is the ABC Skinwash TSV. Why can't they use this service for all of their orders? I guess because it might reduce the amount their penny pinching bean counters can extract?

I have just had an absolute nightmare with my nemesis Amazon. I won't bore you with the whole story except to say that the item was sold as new and at full price, but was reconditioned. I have in writing from them that it would take up to 2 or 3 weeks to process my return and then, and only then, would they issue a refund. I went to my bank to raise a dispute as I think that is completely unacceptable. My bank said there was nothing they could do to make Amazon refund quicker but they would cover the cost of the refund for me until Amazon coughed. It was £185!!

I have, finally, managed to get Amazon to agree to refund without the 2/3 week but it was a real fight.

I know many love Amazon but I hate them with a passion. I've only started shopping with them in the last couple of months but I shan't shop with them again.

Poor customer service is unacceptable no matter which company is involved. None are perfect. All are capable of being complete and utter gits lol.

That is very unusual for Amazon, I have always had unbeatable service from that including next day deliveries even though I am not a prime member. The few refunds I have had have been made the same say a product has been sent back. Just goes to show that that no matter how good they appear to be, people can still have a bad experience.

That is very unusual for Amazon, I have always had unbeatable service from that including next day deliveries even though I am not a prime member. The few refunds I have had have been made the same say a product has been sent back. Just goes to show that that no matter how good they appear to be, people can still have a bad experience.

Yes I'm surprised too, Amazon go above and beyond in the customer service stakes, if there's something that's wrong with your order, they'll dispatch next day delivery or if it's a refund you're after, you get it before you've even packed your item and toddled off down the Post Office, so yeah I'm very surprised at that, I trust Amazon above every other retailer.

Latest posts

Back