Disappearing reviews

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
I recently posted a review for an item which only had one review.neither I or the other customer were happy with the item, we both mentioned the same problems. Today I noticed that my review had not been published and the other one had been removed from the website.
How can QVC get away with this kind of slight if hand whilst boasting that reviews are independently adjudicated and not censored? This is blatantly dishonest and misleading. Neither review broke the rules,they were critical. I can understand if they didn't like what I said but removing the existing review is very telling. This proves that QVC are untrustworthy and dishonest. Very shabby.

Last edited:
I agree, not publishing in the first place because it breaks their "rules" is bad enough but to actually pull an existing one is beyond the pale.

I have noted that very few of the last clicks/clearance items have reviews - who do they think they are fooling- not me!

Reviews Pulled or Rejected

I recently posted a review for an item which only had one review.neither I or the other customer were happy with the item, we both mentioned the same problems. Today I noticed that my review had not been published and the other one had been removed from the website.
How can QVC get away with this kind of slight if hand whilst boasting that reviews are independently adjudicated and not censored? This is blatantly dishonest and misleading. Neither review broke the rules,they were critical. I can understand if they didn't like what I said but removing the existing review is very telling. This proves that QVC are untrustworthy and dishonest. Very shabby.

I three times attempted to post a review saying that a product had broken down within fifteen minutes of first use. In the first two reviews I specified that it had set itself on fire. On the third one, after two were rejected for saying the truth, I said only that it had broken down. That too was rejected although it was a plain and simple sentence without any dramatics or mention of smoke or flames. I felt bad about not being able to warn other potential purchasers of the item.

That's a good point, Loq. It's important to warn other customers of safety issues, luckily my review did not have such serious consequences it was more about the appearance of the item.

Please feel free to let us know of items that you are disappointed with on here - that's if it's o.k with the moderators. Similarly, would be glad to know which products are brilliant, as reviews always influence my decision to buy.

Just to add, there's a chance customers thinking of buying an item will find their way to a review posted on here if they're searching for info. So I'd be happy to read info on here, particularly if something as a dangerous fault.

I three times attempted to post a review saying that a product had broken down within fifteen minutes of first use. In the first two reviews I specified that it had set itself on fire. On the third one, after two were rejected for saying the truth, I said only that it had broken down. That too was rejected although it was a plain and simple sentence without any dramatics or mention of smoke or flames. I felt bad about not being able to warn other potential purchasers of the item.

What was the item though?

I have been a bit suspicious about disappearing reviews too. On the Beauty Day on Sunday I noticed that some of the items being presented suddenly "lost" their reviews. They HAD been reviewed as there was an overall star rating but you were unable to read any of them. Maybe critical reviews would have affected sales adversely.

I've given several honest reviews that never saw the light of day, so I'm deeply suspicious about the review system and no longer post reviews of the few things I buy now.

I think it would be a brilliant idea to have a section for our own reviews which I'd trust much more than the doctored versions, but it depends on the moderators and how much it would add to the admin costs etc.

We had a product review section but it wasn't used very much.

Can anyone remember the name of the company that moderates the QVC UK reviews? It'd be interesting to ask them whether qvc is able to remove posts or whether they do it.

Totally disappeared???

Sorry to piggyback on to a thread about reviews being removed, but I don't know how to start a new thread on this site.

Have ALL reviews disappeared today? Is it policy or a technical hitch? I have looked up several different items to see their reviews, and under each one is the simple phrase "given 4.7 out of 5 by 14 people" or similar. Not one readable review, only the star total.

Are they having computer problems of have they decided that we can no longer read reviews, only get a star total? If so, this makes reviews totally meaningless.

Sorry to piggyback on to a thread about reviews being removed, but I don't know how to start a new thread on this site.

Have ALL reviews disappeared today? Is it policy or a technical hitch? I have looked up several different items to see their reviews, and under each one is the simple phrase "given 4.7 out of 5 by 14 people" or similar. Not one readable review, only the star total.

Are they having computer problems of have they decided that we can no longer read reviews, only get a star total? If so, this makes reviews totally meaningless.

i think there are issues with their website as its not showing reviews, and anything i try to add to my basket says sold out, they need to invest in a new improved website.

As well as removing reviews, it really bugs me when presenters will say "This item has 28 five-star reviews!" but what they didn't say was "and it also has 112 one-star reviews"! They said a similar thing recently about a bracelet that was of interest - made it sound as though everyone had loved it but when I went to actually check the reviews, many there had given a single star and complained about the crystals falling out. Misleading IMHO. I'm sure items are getting so many bad reviews that QVC take away the option to leave a review. Although this could be their crappy website not working properly, it's hard to tell!

There does appear to be a lot of items that have been on air and have not had one review, then the next minute they're in the clearance section still no reviews?

I have just reviewed an item and deducted a star because of an issue and it's been accepted...I think its the luck of the draw because I've also reviewed an item 3 times only to have each one rejected for the use of, synthetic smell which I changed to man-made aroma!!

Latest posts

Back