Clinique TSV 28/09/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to use Clinique years ago, especially when you got those freebie gifts with purchase which included full size but not posh packaged lipsticks. I don’t like their fragrance though. A friend warned me off the clarifying lotion as it was so stripping so don’t think I tried that. I reckon personally that the DD moisturiser is very much for young skins.

Their Porcelain Beige foundation was to die for, said to be the perfect foundation for British skin!!! So of course they discontinued it, thereby causing me years of grief and endless searching.

I remember Clinique being launched and I did use it for a few years.Always loved the Bonus offers.Remember the ‘computer’ which was just a board with sliding answers to basic questions?I did like the products then but now they would not be moisturising enough although I do use the All about Eyes Rich which I always go back to, very moisturising and sinks in well.

I attended a wedding yesterday for a couple 45/55 age group (I don’t know bride) . She had the most beautiful skin and whoever did her makeup it was so natural and I would have loved to know what they had used.

I used to use Clinique years ago, especially when you got those freebie gifts with purchase which included full size but not posh packaged lipsticks. I don’t like their fragrance though. A friend warned me off the clarifying lotion as it was so stripping so don’t think I tried that. I reckon personally that the DD moisturiser is very much for young skins.

Their Porcelain Beige foundation was to die for, said to be the perfect foundation for British skin!!! So of course they discontinued it, thereby causing me years of grief and endless searching.
Discontinued cosmetic favourites is the story of my life, started with a Goya lipstick when I was 17. I use Clinique superbalanced alabaster foundation and love it, if it gets discontinued I’ll scream!

We’ll just to speak up in favour of the soap & especially the toner which I LOVE !!!
It was the Clinique regime that finally cleared up my troublesome skin in my late teens. Im 63 now and still use the cleansing bar & the toner which I can’t be without.
Yes China Girl, I remember Julia’s remark about using a famous toner & Alison Young telling her to dump it. I remember thinking that it was bound to be the Clinique one & I thought that if Clinique ever came to QVC, we’d see a swift about-turn from AY…. the toner will be iconic, presteegous & super effecavious blah-de-blah !

According to AY it is a salycilic ahead of it’s time 😳some of the comments range from stripping the colour off a leather belt removing nail polish from desks and cleaning the bathroom sink with it, thank heavens I wasn’t interested.☹️

I used Clinique in my early 20's, it helped with my skin no end. I went from number 3 to 2 over the years. I use the Superdrug Naturally Radiant range now, but I still have a bottle of clarifying toner 2 to deal with stubborn breakouts.

I watched some of the 9pm launch. Well from 21:06 to 21:12 where I had more than enough. Think I heard more about it being around since 1968 than anything else. Think I'm the only one who has never used this brand. I do have a freebie bag that someone gave me and I like that. Hope that gives me one brownie point.

just watching tonight. Those sizes are what you can buy Stateside. Many years ago I used and loved this brand which I bought in a department store, but a friend of mine always asked if I wanted some brought back when he went to New York, this was inthe 80s and 90s.

On all those trips the sizes were huge, not the size we were used to in the UK. So the TSV sizes are “normal US” sizes from my perspective. American women don’t like tiny bottles of anything, just saying!

Brand ambassador reminding of Big Brother winner Nadia 🤔😂

Attachments

• 82A4431C-06D8-42AA-A11F-E81DC28932F7.jpeg
    82A4431C-06D8-42AA-A11F-E81DC28932F7.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 58
As I said before in another thread. EL who own the brand have been culling staff from many counters of brands they bought over. Now as I don't buy EL or Clinique(well a mascara a few years ago), cannot say about those counters. But a young man I know worked for Frederic Malle then as the staff on the Killian counter let go last year he had to do both counters. Okay, they were beside each other. So he did three days a week and after lockdown 8 hours per week. Of course that was useless to him so had to move to another job elsewhere. Even staff at the Bobbi Brown counter have disappeared. Aveda had one staff member she has gone having a baby, so they swapped a staff member to work there. Before they always hired a temp to cover maternity leave.

This makes me wonder are EL in trouble? Also, EL who owned Becca instead as usual with companies selling it on just killed it off. This could be the reason suddenly Clinique and EL both appearing on QVC.

Strangely, LVMH who own Dior and Guerlain still have the full staff at their counters.

At one time EL and brands like Clinique had pride of place in the beauty departments and would never have considered linking up with QVC.This is a very crowded industry, they now have a more dated image and times are hard. Aveda is another one, I get emails on a daily basis with offers.

Since the demise of Debenhams, we only have Boots in our town that has these counters.
It has recently been given a refurbishment of sorts, and now has other brands previously only seen here in Space NK, Nars and Laura Mercier for example.
The long standing counters such as Lancome and Clarins, are now along a back wall with reduced shelf space. The EL counter has had no-one on it for months, just girls from other counters coming over if you need anything.
The Clinique counter has staff though, and still seems the most popular for some reason.

I miss our Debenhams :cry:

Yes, Boots Belfast had a revamp last year. Fenty, Urban Decay etc there now Dior and YSL still have large counters Chanel as always. We are lucky as our Fraser's has Tom Ford, Bobbi Brown etc.

Since the demise of Debenhams, we only have Boots in our town that has these counters.
It has recently been given a refurbishment of sorts, and now has other brands previously only seen here in Space NK, Nars and Laura Mercier for example.
The long standing counters such as Lancome and Clarins, are now along a back wall with reduced shelf space. The EL counter has had no-one on it for months, just girls from other counters coming over if you need anything.
The Clinique counter has staff though, and still seems the most popular for some reason.

I miss our Debenhams :cry:
I miss ours….

Latest posts

Back