Household helpers TSV 21/09/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine's a Meaco, too, and I also notice how warm the room feels after I've had it on. Where all the water comes from, even when I don't have clothes to dry, never ceases to amaze me. Just after I first got it, I had it on daily and the container was full of water for weeks on end. Eventually it stopped and at that stage it was at the number they recommend it shouldn't go below, so it did its job well. All you have to do is remember to empty the tank every day.
Mina, did you move the Meaco from room to room when you had it on daily? I've not done this but I think I will this winter. How long did it take to get to the correct reading? Thanks

Mine's a Meaco, too, and I also notice how warm the room feels after I've had it on. Where all the water comes from, even when I don't have clothes to dry, never ceases to amaze me. Just after I first got it, I had it on daily and the container was full of water for weeks on end. Eventually it stopped and at that stage it was at the number they recommend it shouldn't go below, so it did its job well. All you have to do is remember to empty the tank every day.
Also, pays to remember that there’s a filter to be cleaned occasionally.
Took us several years to clue up to this with our first one….🙄😔

Mina, did you move the Meaco from room to room when you had it on daily? I've not done this but I think I will this winter. How long did it take to get to the correct reading? Thanks
I've used it in two of our bedrooms and yes, I moved it, heavy though it is. I tried it on the landing but it didn't seem to be helping anywhere. In the first bedroom in our house which Mr M insists on not heating to my/most normal people's comfort level ever (his warm means cold to most people who shiver when they sit in our lovely "warm" rooms where I'm cosily clad in about five layers - I swear he has Eskimo blood coursing through his veins) and which had never seen a de-humidifier ever, it took a few weeks of having it on daily for hours on end and our heating bills shot out of the roof. But the house is now warmer and much easier to heat as a result, so both Mr M and I are happy - him because he's saving money and me because I'm warm. (I never told him how long I'd left it on for every day. I hate to see a grown man cry).

I've used it in two of our bedrooms and yes, I moved it, heavy though it is. I tried it on the landing but it didn't seem to be helping anywhere. In the first bedroom in our house which Mr M insists on not heating to my/most normal people's comfort level ever (his warm means cold to most people who shiver when they sit in our lovely "warm" rooms where I'm cosily clad in about five layers - I swear he has Eskimo blood coursing through his veins) and which had never seen a de-humidifier ever, it took a few weeks of having it on daily for hours on end and our heating bills shot out of the roof. But the house is now warmer and much easier to heat as a result, so both Mr M and I are happy - him because he's saving money and me because I'm warm. (I never told him how long I'd left it on for every day. I hate to see a grown man cry).
Many thanks for this info Mina, really helpful. Mine is on the landing! I will give it a go moving into bedrooms. Still got washing drying outdoors, long may it last - but I doubt it!

Latest posts

Back