Silentnight TSV 28/09/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would rather buy the Silentnight one than the Cozee Home. At least you get a manufacturer's warranty with Silentnight.
I swear they said it was a 3 year warranty at 9pm/midnight but I was showing other half the midday showing and they said 2 years. At least it's better than the normal 6 months. Good luck with keeping cats off it though, I'd say there's fat chance of that happening!

What idiot names these colours anyway? And who checks the colour naming???
Rather than the sensible approach of looking at the colours available and making sure they are descriptive and accurate so that the customers they want to attract are not confused, they assign a random name to each option and then expect the presenters and guests to learn these Qspeak names beforehand so they can parrot them on air with “we are calling this…”. From what I can tell, QVC also sometimes change the colour names given by the brands, so the poor brand ambassadors occasionally get us even more confused because they are used to calling beige beige and grey grey.

I bought the Silentnight Sherpa lined throw last year and ordered charcoal. It’s certainly darker than the one that they’re calling charcoal today.

Always fancied a job naming nail varnish, lipsticks, knitting yarn and paint🤣
To help you get your dream job, Battiola, you could start with naming the whites - "anaemic moon", "scrubbed cauliflower", "poached smoke", "snowman's bone" like the woman does in the Smarty mobile ad (one of my favourite ads). Or for extra interest, you could call the same white colours "poison black", "cowpat green", "bruised purple" or "vomit yellow". Any other suggestions, since Q seems to like keeping us all guessing when it comes to colours? Note: the colour description needn't relate to the actual colour in any shape or form.

Poached smoke :D:D I like that advert as well. I liked the rust blanket but I found a heated throw in the lock up so I don't actually need another one. I did read a story where someone's cat had got an electric shock from one of these throws as it's claws went through onto the wires. I'm far more careful with the dog and blankets now but they know which ones are the heated ones and good luck trying to keep pets off them. They won't be fooled with a hot water bottle wrapped up in an Asda blanket.

CC

Poached smoke :D:D I like that advert as well. I liked the rust blanket but I found a heated throw in the lock up so I don't actually need another one. I did read a story where someone's cat had got an electric shock from one of these throws as it's claws went through onto the wires. I'm far more careful with the dog and blankets now but they know which ones are the heated ones and good luck trying to keep pets off them. They won't be fooled with a hot water bottle wrapped up in an Asda blanket.

CC
I was tempted by this blanket but I decided it was too much money to risk when worried about my cat who spends a lot of his life on my lap!

He doesn’t spend much time actually pawing/clawing (“making biscuits” as the Americans call it!) but when he climbs on and off and moves obviously he has to use his claws…

Not sure if they mention animals in relation to heated throws, but I decided it wasn’t an ideal combination, sadly!
Think we’d both love the warmth!

Well I thought that too when I watched the presentation. I was debating whether to buy but the p&p for a return put me off. Also, the still photos on the website definitely look grey, and all the photos of it with different sellers on t'internet looked grey too.
I'm fed up with grey, grey, grey!!
Oh my gosh, I’m so glad I’m not the only one who hates grey!!

I mean I do wear a fair bit of grey marl in clothing - have a nice cashmere sweater in the colour! - but in terms of the home and interiors, I loathe it!

Like you, I’m much more drawn to warm neutrals such as taupe, ivory, mushrooms etc! (Alongside other colours, I'm no Kelly Hoppen fan!)

Sorry don’t know why this post looks weird - I tried to cut a bit and the formatting changed?

I wish all these brands would stop assuming I like grey and have a grey-themed home. I don't. Like you, LV, I prefer creams and warmer colours and there must be a lot more of us out there. It's a fashion fad that will eventually fade away.
Absolutely! I hate grey interiors and actually thought trend had already passed!

I was tempted by this blanket but I decided it was too much money to risk when worried about my cat who spends a lot of his life on my lap!

He doesn’t spend much time actually pawing/clawing (“making biscuits” as the Americans call it!) but when he climbs on and off and moves obviously he has to use his claws…

Not sure if they mention animals in relation to heated throws, but I decided it wasn’t an ideal combination, sadly!
Think we’d both love the warmth!
Now you've made me worried my cats will get killed if they get on my lap...

When Cozee first did these they were advertising it with a toy dog but last winter and just now they were saying they weren't suitable around pets because of the wires so someone must have said something. I never used to think about letting the dog lie on the blanket but now it does worry me a bit. I put another throw over the top (which the dog then scrabbles off so he can lie nearer to the heat :rolleyes:). If the blankets are plugged in, the pets will be on it.

CC

The presenters seem to be on another planet to me when it comes to gifting. Saying buy 2 extra so you can keep them in the cupboard for a present for someone who pops in who you get an unexpected gift from. Like neighbours.

I must be one of the poorest customers they have! In my family we don't even spend that much on each other for Xmas, let alone on a neighbour.

If I was in the situation that I put stuff away for unexpected presents, it wouldn’t be two electric throws at £50 per knocking. What would you do with them if you didn’t give them as presents? Send them back to QVC and end up paying double p&p for the privilege of keeping them in a cupboard for three months. A box of chocolates or biscuits maybe as at least you could eat them yourself.

I think they either live in an alternative planet or are they told to use this as a selling point?

Now you've made me worried my cats will get killed if they get on my lap...
Sorry not been well enough to be on here since I posted on Sunday.

But I’m really sorry if I made you worry about your kitty cats!

I’m sure they’ll be absolutely fine and cosy on your heated throw with you.

My Otis is a little tinker who’s obsessed with wires and loves to chew phone cables etc so was just being extra cautious!

Bc I’m ill, I spend my life in a series of dressing so I essentially wear a built in throw ready for him to snuggle on.
And he loves to be on my lap! 😻

You may have throw by now?
Hope it works well and is cosy! X

Sorry not been well enough to be on here since I posted on Sunday.

But I’m really sorry if I made you worry about your kitty cats!

I’m sure they’ll be absolutely fine and cosy on your heated throw with you.

My Otis is a little tinker who’s obsessed with wires and loves to chew phone cables etc so was just being extra cautious!

Bc I’m ill, I spend my life in a series of dressing so I essentially wear a built in throw ready for him to snuggle on.
And he loves to be on my lap! 😻

You may have throw by now?
Hope it works well and is cosy! X
Hope you're feeling a bit better now. My 2 don't chew but one kneads away a lot before he settles down. Here is the other one , currently on my normal throw as I'm still waiting for the new one...hopefully I can post the pic.

Attachments

• 20241002_102723.jpg
    20241002_102723.jpg
    451.1 KB
Hope you're feeling a bit better now. My 2 don't chew but one kneads away a lot before he settles down. Here is the other one , currently on my normal throw as I'm still waiting for the new one...hopefully I can post the pic.
Oh wow s/he is an absolute BEAUTY! 😻

I’ve got such a soft spot for tabbies of any kind!

Sure both kitties will appreciate the new throw - if they’ll share!
You’re lucky they’re not chewers!

I’ll see if I post my Otis on my lap (dressing gown) - he’s a Burmilla who I rehomed..

Attachments

• E1FA2A1A-3D28-44EC-93E6-58BB3B341DA4.jpeg
    E1FA2A1A-3D28-44EC-93E6-58BB3B341DA4.jpeg
    554.3 KB

Latest posts

Back