Silentnight TSV 28/09/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh wow s/he is an absolute BEAUTY! 😻

I’ve got such a soft spot for tabbies of any kind!

Sure both kitties will appreciate the new throw - if they’ll share!
You’re lucky they’re not chewers!

I’ll see if I post my Otis on my lap (dressing gown) - he’s a Burmilla who I rehomed..
That was Freya, her brother (the kneader) is Floki
Both also ridiculously stunning. It’s making me want a cat of my own again. Thank goodness I'm not being asked to choose one from those three photos.

What a cutie!
Thanks!

He’s such a character and an absolute mischief but also incredibly loving!

He said he wanted you to see his pretty face so this is him in his tent this summer!

[Sorry for turning the thread into a cat appreciation club!!]

Attachments

• 61A34C21-A05B-4C63-8C78-48888B87E895.jpeg
    61A34C21-A05B-4C63-8C78-48888B87E895.jpeg
    618.3 KB
Thanks!

He’s such a character and an absolute mischief but also incredibly loving!

He said he wanted you to see his pretty face so this is him in his tent this summer!

[Sorry for turning the thread into a cat appreciation club!!]
That's so sweet he's got his own tent! I bought one of those cat igloos for them to sleep in but they sit on top and squash it down!

Thank you! Yes they love sitting on me, although Floki prefers to sit in the crook of my arm and stretch his paws across my chest or neck which was OK when he was tiny but he's getting heavy for my arm now!
Oh how adorable!

But I can relate - my previous boy (in my profile pic) liked to lie in my arms and he was a much bigger boy than Otis and I couldn’t last long! X

That's so sweet he's got his own tent! I bought one of those cat igloos for them to sleep in but they sit on top and squash it down!
Yes he’s likes his “kitty tent” for shade - it’s from Zooplus..

Oh that’s classic cat behaviour!
Either ignore or misuse the thing you bought them.

I don’t even bother buying beds anymore since they won’t use them and prefer me or a human bed instead!

Yes he’s likes his “kitty tent” for shade - it’s from Zooplus..

Oh that’s classic cat behaviour!
Either ignore or misuse the thing you bought them.

I don’t even bother buying beds anymore since they won’t use them and prefer me or a human bed instead!
Yep he prefers a cardboard box in his room, and she sleeps in the bottom half of a cat carrier I bought when they were kittens to take them to the vet for jabs. I left the bottom half in their room with a towel in the bottom to 'normalise' it...she decided to use it as her bed!

Can I introduce Cath Palug,
She is my son’s cat - she is a year old Maine coon 🐈
View attachment 29922
There’s a new cat this year who visits my garden (and stakes me out) and she looks like this - ie also gorgeous - but different colouring. She is very talkative - is that a thing with the breed? Sometimes she goes on her hind legs at the back door to look in and taps her paw on the glass. I did think about keeping her but decided I’d better not! I only know she’s a she, by the way, because a neighbour knows the owner. I am not sure about her preferred pronouns though.

There’s a new cat this year who visits my garden (and stakes me out) and she looks like this - ie also gorgeous - but different colouring. She is very talkative - is that a thing with the breed? Sometimes she goes on her hind legs at the back door to look in and taps her paw on the glass. I did think about keeping her but decided I’d better not! I only know she’s a she, by the way, because a neighbour knows the owner. I am not sure about her preferred pronouns though.
Maine coons are very talkative and very cheeky. Cath opens the door by standing on her hind legs and using her front paws to push the door handles 🐈🥰

Maine coons are very talkative and very cheeky. Cath opens the door by standing on her hind legs and using her front paws to push the door handles 🐈🥰
Ahh!

I’ve got the chattiest cat I’ve ever met!
SO vocal and loud!
But has different sounds for every occasion and even replies when you speak to him!

Would just like him to turn it down when he comes in from outside yowling! 😉

Ahh!

I’ve got the chattiest cat I’ve ever met!
SO vocal and loud!
But has different sounds for every occasion and even replies when you speak to him!

Would just like him to turn it down when he comes in from outside yowling! 😉
My 2 are very quiet. I don't know why. They hardly ever make a noise unless they are bringing me home a 'present' and Freya doesn't make a proper miaow, she does a little squealy squeaky sound!
My previous 2 black cats were very vocal, but I didn't have them from kittens as they were rescues, so maybe they had to make a lot of attention for food whereas Floki and Freya had a servant!

My 2 are very quiet. I don't know why. They hardly ever make a noise unless they are bringing me home a 'present' and Freya doesn't make a proper miaow, she does a little squealy squeaky sound!
My previous 2 black cats were very vocal, but I didn't have them from kittens as they were rescues, so maybe they had to make a lot of attention for food whereas Floki and Freya had a servant!
I dread to think what the “presents” are. Is it dead rodents that you are meant to be grateful for and barter for freshly poached salmon from Waitrose?

I dread to think what the “presents” are. Is it dead rodents that you are meant to be grateful for and barter for freshly poached salmon from Waitrose?
Well, let's see...3 dead or almost dead baby rats, one adult rat, 2 huge hawk moth caterpillars (alive and rescued) one very alive and energetic starling (rescued after flying round the house with Freya chasing, and knocking things flying) and 4 birds (some rescued some sadly not), 3 barbecued chicken wings and 4 perfectly whole wood pigeon eggs!!

Oh and a mouthful of leaves from Floki!

They get some biscuits, as just imagine what they'd bring home in exchange for salmon!

Latest posts

Back