Carmel returns.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Tumble rules in our house along with Peppa Pig, Mister Maker, Mr Blooms Nursery and Co. lol :mysmilie_500:

Ok not gonna lie i did think WG was reffering to her partner/hubby when she said Mr tumble :cheeky: lol

Ok not gonna lie i did think WG was reffering to her partner/hubby when she said Mr tumble :cheeky: lol

PMSL Autumn!

Do I take it you have a little cbeebies research to do?

Trust me it is better viewing than Q right now.

Personally I suspect Mr Tumble would prefer Mr Maker but maybe that's fighting talk!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Mr Tumble??? What happened to the Teletubbies??? :giggle:

PMSL Autumn!

Do I take it you have a little cbeebies research to do?

Trust me it is better viewing than Q right now.

Personally I suspect Mr Tumble would prefer Mr Maker but maybe that's fighting talk!

Lol had u said Mr tickle i may have got wot u meant haha :tongue:

Hey I have a Fun Song Factory video signed by Dave Benson Philips (kids born mid 90s) DD loved the teletubbies too!

Jude xx

Oh dear. I thought this was going to be fun but there's a lot of sniping here isn't there?! I just wanted to say that I thikn Carmel is lovely, and she talks about her baby and husband the way some others talk about their children (claire, pippa, julia, charlie, dale) or their football teams or their granny, so i can't see why she is being singled out? I returned to work quickly after my baby because i needed to be woth other adults, and i missed my independance. My son is with his grandparents so no harm being done there.

Hi MK don't be put off the forum, mostly we all get along. Hang around and have fun.

Jude xx

I must admit I don't watch the shows she presents as I find her annoying. I even find it a struggle when she talks about "the App". I had hoped she wouldn't return, but if she is, she is.

Hey I have a Fun Song Factory video signed by Dave Benson Philips (kids born mid 90s) DD loved the teletubbies too!

Jude xx

O. M. and G. SIGNED? by Dave Benson Philips?? I'm so impressed.
We had that video (video, not DVD mind) when my son was teensy and we must have seen it about four gazillion times. I probably still k is all the words to it.

Just what the hell is happening to this forum these days......nearly every thread descends into this manner which is such a shame. I'm sure that a lot of members are like me and look to ST for a bit of banter and fun as well as the advice and recommendations on products from QVC, etc. but nine times out of ten just lately we are faced with bitch-fights instead!

Of course we are all entitled to our opinions and I, along with others, look forward to the return of Carmel to our screens and I wouldn't for one minute judge whether it was out of necessity or purely for the pleasure of enjoying being a working Mum. I don't know her personal circumstances so don't think it's necessary to comment or whether "needs must" or otherwise!

I concur, BL; when I started this thread, it was only to inform the forum of when Carmel is coming back to work. And that, if she is not a favourite of your's, this isn't good news. As another poster said, there is the off button - I don't watch any shows she presents - so no-one has to be subjected to watching anything they do not want to. A forum is a vehicle for lively and informative debate of independent views. If we were all of the same opinion, this would be a boring forum. But to descend into insulting comments against each other is, fundamentally, a waste of energy. ST is an experience to be enjoyed. Make the most of it.

I must admit I don't watch the shows she presents as I find her annoying. I even find it a struggle when she talks about "the App". I had hoped she wouldn't return, but if she is, she is.

Same here!! That's is how I feel too.

I keep reading about the off button. Well where's the fun in that!!!

Whatever her reasons for returning to work, they should be unquestioned. Women fought long and hard for such rights and after I had my first baby I was given just 6 weeks maternity leave and had to return to work or lose my job. Nowadays many women are the main earners, they don`t work for "pin" money, they work to pay the mortgage and put food on the table. Also many women have worked long and hard to get to the top of their game and want to reap the benefits of that for however long it lasts.
Carmel loves her husband, loves her child but obviously loves her job too and there`s enough room in her life for all of them. She should be admired, not criticised for wanting to pay her own way in life and help support her family. People with small minds criticise other peoples efforts but its usually because they have such small lives themselves and little understanding of how women think, work, balance life and fulfill themselves these days.

You guys are lucky if you can afford time out from work with your babies, I was back in work full time before my baby was 2 months old and now often spend weeks away from him as work dictates I travel. I would love to spend more time with him but two mortgages and other life expenses dictate otherwise, I am just grateful that at least I have a great live in nanny so that my baby does not miss out on love and attention.

You guys are lucky if you can afford time out from work with your babies, I was back in work full time before my baby was 2 months old and now often spend weeks away from him as work dictates I travel. I would love to spend more time with him but two mortgages and other life expenses dictate otherwise, I am just grateful that at least I have a great live in nanny so that my baby does not miss out on love and attention.

Aww Tash I am so sorry you have to work such long hours. I have friends the same. I said I need to work for my sanity but I omitted to also say that I have to work to pay the bills, and I was able to reduce my hours just enough to try to have some kind of balance. I know how lucky I am.

I was lucky with being able to take my son to work with me but actually there really wasn't much choice but for me to work. I was always the main breadwinner. If one of us was to give up work it wouldn't have been me. My then husband had a good job in sales but I brought home more money.

I had my baby by c section just 3 weeks ago and i have already had to work. The joys of owning your own business do not afford the luxury of time off work. Much as i would love to spend every waking minute at home, staff depend on what i do so i have no choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back