Am I just old fashioned?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wasn't interested in FB but have to admit that it does make it easier to see (read) what my daughter is doing on the other side of the world.
Same with a mobile. My children can contact me if they NEED to, emphasis on "need"

I can see technology is a wonderful tool, but it is just that - A Tool.

Saw a young woman this morning trying to cross a busy main road into town (city now!), pushing a baby in a buggy with one hand and a phone clamped to her ear in the other hand.

Just come back from Cyprus (and I didn't see Keeley either) and was amazed at how many drivers there were with mobiles clamped to their ears, even though it's illegal there too. I know it happens here too but it was so prevelent there, people seem to care more about talking on their mobiles than their own and others lives.

I don`t own a mobile, all my friends do and I suppose I make it difficult for them as they text each other and have to phone me on the land line.....and even thats attached to the wall and isn`t `mobile`....I don`t know if I would have a computer but for the fact my daughter gave me her old one a few years back and when that finally gave up the ghost ....I did buy a lap top because I`d got used keeping in touch with my sister in S.A. I wouldn`t know how to text or tweet ..so you don`t miss what you never had.. lol

This has been a real eye-opener as I always thought Facebook was a book in which to put pictures of faces to help with our memories in old age and Twitter was a young Twitcher.......:wink:

Seriously, can't be doing with either - have no idea how they work but I won't be losing sleep over it. I've managed to run my life without them up to now and feel I can cope equally well in the future. I have come to terms with the practicalities of a mobile phone but I can't abide the ignorance and bad manners of so many of today's generation where it seems to be the most important thing in their lives.

Me too, the age of technology lost me when I didnt know what to do with some of the keys on a pocket calculator !!!!! and as for Ipod, Xbox, 4th gen phone ? forget it.

(shhhhhhhhhhh but I've only just been shown how to use a dvd/video player ordered from qvc xxxxxx years ago !!! its opened up a whole new world !)

Latest posts

Back