What happened to my crown?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In my opinion it was a case of Shill betting.....QVC betting against themselves to push the price up to make their 'reserve' and it backfired so they are stuck with it. Its probably been disassembled and the parts are back instock for other use, hence the lack of sale information....... Just my opinion of course........

I will keep an eye out for it next time i go to Birchwood QVC outlet, you never know it may end up there.

I think Craig's dismantled it and is posting it to Strato in 200 envelopes!

To bid on the crown you had to email in. It wasn't an auction you could phone in for. I saw, like others, a marker on the board saying £1000 but they didn't announce who won or what they paid that I can remember.

Could their silence be more to do with the fact that the highest bid was a tenth of what it was valued at, rather than who bought it? The fact Julia bought it is no big deal to me, let her buy the ****** thing if she wants it but someone somewhere has egg on their face if that was how much it went for.

The total amount raised on the night was £380,000 so quite a way short of their target. Perhaps another reason for the lack of shouting about how well it has gone.

The total amount raised on the night was £380,000 so quite a way short of their target. Perhaps another reason for the lack of shouting about how well it has gone.

I'm not surprised they didn't reach their target. The event gets shorter each year. They didn't seem to have as much for sale as they have had in previous years. They seemed to be chatting more. There wasn't the sell outs of previous years. I personally didn't think it was as good.

I think Craig's dismantled it and is posting it to Strato in 200 envelopes!

That's one way to increase it's value, the jewellery companies are always going on about how it doesn't make financial sense creating a bracelet with 36 stones because if they made 18 sets of earrings instead they could sell them at a much higher price than a bracelet !

Strato, try writing to the CEO of qvc, telling him that if you have no joy in finding out how much the crown went for, then perhaps the press could help !! Bad publicity they do not want !

So have the announced a presenter got it or is it because they are not saying?

PJ

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

Today's price of silver is just under £1000 for the 1.5KG weight of the crown, so whoever bought it got it at virtually the scrap price of its silver content alone!

Perhaps damage limitation of a 1,000 pounds is in order by QVC as a donation to the charity and they get to keep the crown to do as they wish.

It's just dawned on me why Strato wants this crown so much - he's a Freddie Mercury tribute act!

Well, QVC have now phoned me to confirm that it was sold for £1000, but the person who phoned didn't know who bought it ie whether or not it was a presenter.

As someone mentioned on QVC FB, if it was valued at £10,528, WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE A RESERVE PRICE ON IT?

In a previous thread (probably last May), I jokingly said I wanted to buy it. But this was only a joke because of the £10K valuation.

I couldn't find out on the website how to bid for it, but even if I had found out, I would not have had the cheek to bid only £1000, thinking it would go for much more.

Now it turns out I could have bought it for £1000 after all, and in fact I would have been willing to pay more.

The whole thing stinks IMO, and if it was proved that a presenter bought it, that would make it even worse. As I said yesterday, the scrap price for the silver alone was nearly £1000!

No wonder they're not shouting it from the rooftops!

This proves that QVC doesn't need ST.com to undermine their sterling work in direct selling; they're perfectly accomplished at scoring their own PR own goals!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back