What happened to my crown?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dear Strato, think you might have to let this go, for sanity's sake.

No, I am obsessed now!!! Another article - - - -

The Diamonique Jubilee Crown features 2,276 replica stones from QVC’s Diamonique collection using 21 different sizes and colours of stone all set in silver. The crown took 30 days to make, weighs approximately 1.5kg and has been valued at £10,528.

The Diamonique Jubilee Crown will be auctioned off for Breast Cancer Care later this year as the ultimate accessory for fashion queens looking to build a jewellery collection fit for royalty.

Vanessa Priest, Head of Jewellery Buying at QVC said: “The Queen’s ‘Imperial State Crown’ is iconic. In the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee year, the Diamonique Jubilee Crown replica will be the ultimate accessory. We are sure the crown will make its new owner feel like she is the Queen of the castle.”

Although this is the first time a version of the crown has been carefully recreated for the public, today’s Imperial State Crown is actually an exact replica of an earlier Imperial State Crown manufactured for Queen Victoria, but is made of a more lightweight design which is more comfortable to wear. The Crown created for King George VI was also remodelled for Queen Elizabeth II's coronation to give it a slightly more feminine appearance and its total height lowered by about 25mm.

Believe it or not, these pics are of the QVC replica.

IMG_1567-1024x682.jpg

IMG_1568-1024x682.jpg

IMG_1570-1024x682.jpg

IMG_1569-1024x682.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything from Q yet.

I'm fairly incensed about this if it really went for £1000 to a staff member.

Last May when the crown was made, there was LOADS of publicity in most of the newspapers, and on QVC.

I expected loads of hype about it on Q for at least a week before the auction, both on the website and on TV, and possibly newspapers as well. I checked the website every day, and on BCC day, and saw nothing. A google search yesterday showed lots of newspaper articles in May/June, but nothing since, and no reports at all about its sale anywhere on google.

There is something corrupt about this if it went to a staff member at a knock-down price. I didn't watch the auction myself as I couldn't even find out when it was on, and in any case I couldn't have paid the £11,000 or more it was expected to sell for, but would happily have bid over £1000 for it.

How can it possibly have been valued at over 10 grand....it's just a bit of velvet (faux probably! lol) with CZ stones plastered all over it. & a strip of faux fur round the bottom......& it's bl**dy wonky, looks nothing like the real thing! :wonder:

I agree, it looks dead "off". Apart from it being lopsided the fur doesn't have spots and look alike something you'd make a pair of furry dice out of.

These stones have no value whatsoever. They are made in massive numbers, to the extent that lori greiner has dozens of big diamonique stones in the lid of one of her cheap jewellery boxes and its only a tenner. I imagine they're machine cut too, if that's possible, and if not it will be done in some sweatshop somewhere in the Far East.

Strato what did you want it for? Just the novelty factor?

1.5Kg silver, 2200 eeeks, 30 days to make, easily worth £10K IMO!

I thought it looked wonky in one pic, but I think it was the angle of the pic, not the crown.

1.5Kg silver, 2200 eeeks, 30 days to make, easily worth £10K IMO!

I thought it looked wonky in one pic, but I think it was the angle of the pic, not the crown.

In my opinion it was a case of Shill betting.....QVC betting against themselves to push the price up to make their 'reserve' and it backfired so they are stuck with it. Its probably been disassembled and the parts are back instock for other use, hence the lack of sale information....... Just my opinion of course........

Now I know where all the advanced order items are being sourced from on Diamonique Day.:giggle:

I did note they had a target of £500,000 to beat last years total, which from what I saw it was nothing like that amount.
Though they did say the donation line was open till 10pm after the show ended.

Have we had the money raised grand total please?

How dare they hush this up. Lets get some answers because I bellieve it may have gone for £1,000 to a staff member, Im thinking of a presenter, maybe, anyway qvc should say on website or to any enquiries just how much the crown raised for breast cancer care.

Strato what did you want it for? Just the novelty factor?

Because it was a unique item, and would have increased in value.

A few years ago I bought a very heavy gold belcher necklace, I think that was a BCC item, and it was about £900. I've never worn it so it is in pristine condition. I've recently seen the identical necklace in a 2nd-hand/pawn shop for £4500, and that one was very scratched and battered too. It was remarkable value at the time for the amount of gold in it. I do tend to collect gold and silver objects for investment. The current price of some of my gold is 10 times what I paid for it 10 years ago.

Quite a difference Strato if they did only get £1000. But i think in this recession a target of £10,000 was maybe a tad
unrealistic, and they maybe got a shock when it went up for the bids, and had to take the best offer IMO

Value and what someone is prepared to pay, perfect example. Don't think, like the calendars, they will rush into things like this again. Inflated egos.

I support Strato in this. QVC has an obligation to tell the QVC viewers about the winning bid for the crown. Of course they can withhold the name of the winner if they so wish, but we would like to know how much it went for. I would not want it for even £100, but there will be a lot of others out there who, like Stratobuddy who were interested.

kIt is the secrecy that I object to.

After so much publiciy in May, and Jessie J modelling it in a magazine, it suddenly went very quiet.

Although I check the website every day, and often look at QVC (it is even on now, with the sound down, there have been some nearly-nude models on lol) I saw no adverts for the crown and auction. I have no idea how it was done.

Because it was valued at over £10,000 I probably wouldn't have had the cheek to bid just £1000, but if I'd known it was going for £1000 I would have.

I don't know how accurate the rumours are that a presenter bought it, but it is very suspicious that QVC won't tell me anything, either from CS or on their FB page.

An insider would know what the highest bid was (if there were any genuine bids) and could just bid a bit more to buy it for themselves.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back